Outdoor Smokey's Spring - Summer - Autumn 2020/2021 grow journey

They all look so happy, wish it was warm enough here to have a few outside. I hope they reward you with lots of tasty buds.
Hey Dude, :pass: thanks, yes is our summer and its pretty warm to hot the summers here. The long flower satvias should see their buds May, when the weather is the best here, providing you dont get a wet May, but summer is our wettest times

Looking good smokey, but that boy needs to be moved away from the girls...looks close to spewing lol. :thumbsup:

Hey Jraven, :pass: Thanks i know lol never had a boy for this long :what?:i want to collect his pollen as he's a Nimbim Boy. I am thinking branch cutting to collect and dry the sacs, not sure if he will last till tomorrow but i hope he does so i can prepare lol

:cheers: Looking Great Smokey:headbang::bow::thumbsup: Can't wait for the smoke reports:pighug::pass:
Hey GTG, :pass:thanks, i hope to have some good Grinspoon SSSC ( see you are growing PP ), and Nimbin smoke reports:smokeit:

Boy, have to to collect son's pollen sacs soon maybe tomrrow, we are at week 10 from seed
dboy.jpg

So you going to make some babies? :baby::coco:What are you going to mix the pollen with? Have you got a strain picked out yet?
I guess there's some ways you can store that pollen in the freezer. I red about it some time ago. but don't quote me I've never done it. But I've heard that people that have and they say they can keep it for about a month in the freezer before it goes bad. But I wouldn't go by what I say :shrug::rofl::doh:there's other people out there that got way more experience with Pollen Chucking then I do. I'm just a novice when it comes to pollen chucking.
But that's not what my old lady says though.
:pighug::crying::smokeout:

I had decent luck collecting and drying my pollen, mixing it with flour, and sealing it in a bag, packing the bag in rice, sealing that in a thermos, and keeping it in the fridge. Used it 3 months later with success. I don’t get a ton of seeds, but i only did one pass on one branch.

So you going to make some babies? :baby::coco:What are you going to mix the pollen with? Have you got a strain picked out yet?
I guess there's some ways you can store that pollen in the freezer. I red about it some time ago. but don't quote me I've never done it. But I've heard that people that have and they say they can keep it for about a month in the freezer before it goes bad. But I wouldn't go by what I say :shrug::rofl::doh:there's other people out there that got way more experience with Pollen Chucking then I do. I'm just a novice when it comes to pollen chucking.
But that's not what my old lady says though.
:pighug::crying::smokeout:

Hey GTG :pass::pighug:Thanks for the help . I feel a bit worried a sac busted on the son (he is on the other side of the house to the girls) :nono: sure hope they are okay girls atm just getting their single white pistels along the branches. Yes i want Nimbin bushweed babies only on selected buds. I am thinking flour, it appears the most common, and what i read it appears to be the fridge much like seeds i think. :shrug:sure hope the girls will be okay, the boy now is inside with T5.

this morning open opened then later sac contents missing :yoinks:
nimbinboyopps.jpg

later on
oppscrap.jpg

I had decent luck collecting and drying my pollen, mixing it with flour, and sealing it in a bag, packing the bag in rice, sealing that in a thermos, and keeping it in the fridge. Used it 3 months later with success. I don’t get a ton of seeds, but i only did one pass on one branch.
Hey Dude :pass::pighug:Thanks for help, great you had some experience, As you can see above one has broken but the girls are pretty early to flower with 1 or so white pistels, so heres hoping its fine with them

:yoinks:Isolate him ASAP mate! I mean down wind, other side of the yard, whatever it takes,...a little pollen can partly knock up the whole lot if they have even the earliest fuzzy crowns...
I've not breed, so pollen storing isn't something I can offer much on, though freezing it is common. Store it in minimal volume container, less air the better,... Do you homework on this, folks here can help as well!

Nim's look lovely mate, classic NLD type landrace there!
Fat Pete's Cookie is a winner too Smokey, beefy sized :thumbsup: ... Are you posting in the Fat Pete SSSC thread, even just for fun?

:yoinks:Isolate him ASAP mate! I mean down wind, other side of the yard, whatever it takes,...a little pollen can partly knock up the whole lot if they have even the earliest fuzzy crowns...
I've not breed, so pollen storing isn't something I can offer much on, though freezing it is common. Store it in minimal volume container, less air the better,... Do you homework on this, folks here can help as well!

Nim's look lovely mate, classic NLD type landrace there!
Fat Pete's Cookie is a winner too Smokey, beefy sized :thumbsup: ... Are you posting in the Fat Pete SSSC thread, even just for fun?
Hey Waira ! :pass: I have mate he is in the laundry, even taped the external door, as the girls are just outside. I lost another around the SSSC girls but lucky they are not showing sex yet, i then cleaned the floor and sprayed the sheets misted them with water and the girls leaves. I chopped a bit of Son, a few into a tubberware container, will deal with him more tomorrow, he is sitting on black plastic, so might see some. I needed more seeds why i kept the Nim boy, plan is to only pollenate some bottom buds. I should have done my homework sooner lol than rushing at the first time he showed sex.

I am just hoping:zen: the eves of the house and the relatlively still humid morning, pollen would have had trouble plus earlier i had misted Sonny. As a pre caution i sprayed down the roof, then misted the girls leaves, they dont have a crown as such more like one of 2 white pistels so, still slow to flower or maybe soon to be more pistels.

Fat Pete yes Waira, i have to update her in the Fat Pete SSSC thread, hope she isnt a Fat Nim instead , as she has a fuzzy crown starting. I realy look forward to trying her:woohoo1:

Back