Indoor Slaters Loft - The 2017 'Get some from your mother' tour

I don't like storing food in plastic. I can certainly taste the difference. I can only imagine curing would be similar.
I've been keeping an eye out for a giant glass container. Burping a bunch of jars is tedious.

Ha har...funny you should say that... I have been looking for the right container/bucket for the 70% to 65% cure part. Its easier to burp one thing than 10 jars.
Maybe one of those Cooler boxes,
In SA we got a very good brand
http://www.safarichiller.co.za/showcat.php?cat_id=2
Used by fisherman, can keep your baits and that frozen for an age, so there is defo no leakages etc.
I got one big one, so if I ever have the need to try and cure a good couple Oz... that is the thing I would probably try to use... perhaps its an option?

Or get one of those massive Caserole glass dishes...

So yeah, maybe you guys have something similar that side? worth a look...?? :shrug:
I still have to get to the reading of drying and curing stages, to be perfectly honest, haven't even researched that at all...

I don't like storing food in plastic. I can certainly taste the difference. I can only imagine curing would be similar.
I've been keeping an eye out for a giant glass container. Burping a bunch of jars is tedious.
That's a good point bro! Part of the reason why I switched to Snapware pyrex-airtight tupperware for food, got rid of all plastic ones. I bet you could use something similar to that for curing large amount of bud, they have some big sizes.

That's a good point bro! Part of the reason why I switched to Snapware pyrex-airtight tupperware for food, got rid of all plastic ones. I bet you could use something similar to that for curing large amount of bud, they have some big sizes.
For larger harvests 10oz+, I use gallon sized mason jars, fits about 2.5oz. I lay them on their sides so the weight don't squish the bottom buds.

Great job Slater, and nice drying box. Im surprised your leaning toward hang dry for taste. I've noticed the opposite.
Curing in plastic...that sounds tasty.

I'm still in the research stage...this time round the bag drying has done a better job on locking smell in, the pineapple came out yesterday and into jars. She might have had a day to much in the bags (we have just had a heat wave in the UK...well a very warm start to spring for us brits). Will find out in a min after my morning coffee. The only reason I say this is that my hang dried jar is smoking better than my bag but that could be down to flush, burping etc. Which I now think is what happened... will most probably change my mind after this cure and be a bag man.
One thing I have noticed is that I flushed lot better this time round, tried the fast and vast and i got lovely white ash, joint stayed alight and a considerable difference in taste...smooth and tasty smoke and she is not even cured probably and is a very leafy bud (she was bag dried ;) ).

I will agree with you on that got friend who cures in plastic all the way. The bud looks great but it not got the punch, taste etc. it should have. I was just looking for the right container to help out on those few days from 70% to 65% when the plant is still releasing moister. I do use half gallon jars (its hard to find good affordably jars in the UK) for the final cure... I'm just getting bit lazy on the burping thing. Let see how the White Cheese come out, she's in a clip lid tupperware.

Or get one of those massive Caserole glass dishes

That's not a bad idea, they do massive one's with a clip lids in Ikea (misses will be happy, trip to Ikea on the cards). Its kinda meeting half way.

Back