Indoor Slaters Loft - The 2017 'Get some from your mother' tour

Its the AFN effect...

Dude, you are killing this man... Like @jingo said... uncommonly well in such a short amount of time. It's like watching a grow master in the works. The AFN effect is so true, I have learned SO much from this wonderful community! Keep it up with your diligent grows, like some of the other experienced friendly faces around here you are an inspiration.

:slap:

On a side note, not to jack your thread at all... just wanted to let ya know @Slater my AK seeds are here, I got my medium set up today to warm up... light was delayed for a whole week, contacted Amazon and they let me pick a different one and offered free 1 day shipping. Should be germinating tomorrow once I know light is here!

Oh and I'm holding you to your word... "call my name and I'll come running to help!" 'cause there's no way in hell my grow will go as smooth as your incredible, high-tech loft will! Cheers mate.
:cheers:

There are a few points about cobs. Wall watts doesn't matter to the plants, it's about usable light. Cobs put out much more of this and running 100% isnt necessary and potentially shortens their life, uses more electricity. Their efficiency being driven lighter saves money and still outperforms most other types of lighting.

There are a few points about cobs. Wall watts doesn't matter to the plants, it's about usable light. Cobs put out much more of this and running 100% isnt necessary and potentially shortens their life, uses more electricity. Their efficiency being driven lighter saves money and still outperforms most other types of lighting.

Well said dude!

I've just been using the wats to gauge what I'm dimming by on my meter, helps gives me some thing to work from to judge the percentage's...your right when It comes to cob's wattage doesn't really mean any thing bar every that wat used hits the plants and none get wasted along the way. I have just ordered a light meter, its time to get as nerdy as my brain will allow.

Dude, you are killing this man... Like @jingo said... uncommonly well in such a short amount of time. It's like watching a grow master in the works. The AFN effect is so true, I have learned SO much from this wonderful community! Keep it up with your diligent grows, like some of the other experienced friendly faces around here you are an inspiration.

On a side note, not to jack your thread at all... just wanted to let ya know @Slater my AK seeds are here, I got my medium set up today to warm up... light was delayed for a whole week, contacted Amazon and they let me pick a different one and offered free 1 day shipping. Should be germinating tomorrow once I know light is here!

Oh and I'm holding you to your word... "call my name and I'll come running to help!" 'cause there's no way in hell my grow will go as smooth as your incredible, high-tech loft will! Cheers mate.
:cheers:

Thanks for the slap dude, jack away my friend I don't mind. Exciting first grow about to happen, make sure you tag me when we get the launch. I just had to get my self some more AK49 on my last order, such a nice smoke.

Thanks for the slap dude, jack away my friend I don't mind. Exciting first grow about to happen, make sure you tag me when we get the launch. I just had to get my self some more AK49 on my last order, such a nice smoke.

Dude I am very stoked to get toked off my own plants! One question for ya already. I think you said in one of your grows that you had trouble keeping RH up around 50-60% even with a humidifier, the inline fan pulls it too hard. Same problem. I have my 6in dialed all the way down, even took a little bubble wrap and wrapped it around half of the carbon filter to try and "choke" or slow down the exhaust. Still can't get the humidity above maybe 30-35%! Damn dry winter weather!

What did you do for your room to get humidity up during seedling stage? Figure 50-60 during seedling, 45-50 veg and 35-40 during flower would be ok. Thanks!

Dude I am very stoked to get toked off my own plants! One question for ya already. I think you said in one of your grows that you had trouble keeping RH up around 50-60% even with a humidifier, the inline fan pulls it too hard. Same problem. I have my 6in dialed all the way down, even took a little bubble wrap and wrapped it around half of the carbon filter to try and "choke" or slow down the exhaust. Still can't get the humidity above maybe 30-35%! Damn dry winter weather!

What did you do for your room to get humidity up during seedling stage? Figure 50-60 during seedling, 45-50 veg and 35-40 during flower would be ok. Thanks!

Humidifier will help...get one that holds a couple if litres. Regularly mist around the plants and the sides of the tent with a spray of tap water that has been out 24hrs +. Damp tea towel can help but will give you only a
couple hours. Also take readings from different parts of the tent and find a average. I found that after moving the meter about, it wasn't as bad as i thought... Hanging your meter gets a better reading.

Sent from mTalk

Yeah even with the 5L humidifer set to 60% turned on high it can't keep up. Will def spray the plants and walls with distilled water and try the wet towel. Thanks!

All caught up, excellent growing and great tip about the B&Q soil, over half price biobizz, and can see the girls are loving it.

Also many thanks for the COB DIY info, it's next on my project list.:toke:

Back