Indoor Slaters Loft - The 2017 'Get some from your mother' tour

P&Cparty.jpg

UP DATE

DAY 45

The party is starting to get into swing of it now, the Pineapple is just about to get chunky and the Cheese is not quite melting in the lights but is putting a stink out.
The Fast and Vast has turned into a stubby thing, I've had to raise her up by a few inches...I expected a bit more from her but there could be a number of different reasons why she's not stretched that much...mmmm...I did beat her up bit once or twice...maybe 3 times... she's still gonna have a reasonable yield though.

Having to stay on top of the lights with the dimming, I'm around 65% pulling about 184w from the wall. The PE is a bit touchy over them, the WC can just about hack it and the FV is lapping them up... Its so much fun working out that happy medium.
Defoliation has helped but one thing I have got to point out is the light penetration that the cobs give is...awesome...used to be a dark and murky under belly with the burple LED's...now its wonderfully bright. Those lower bud sites should do well now.

ZWC_D45_01.jpg

PE_D45_01.jpg

Some nice close ups of the girls showing some action

PE_D45.jpg

ZWC_D45.jpg

FV_D45.jpg

Just enough room for the Dinafem White Cheese...she got topped yesterday (day15) at the 3rd node

tent_d45.jpg

Thanks for stopping by
:pass:

They are all looking very healthy.
I have to ask, why you dimm the lights?
Why not keep them at 100%
Today I think I'm going to do some defoliation on mine as well, even though most people say not to defoliate. I feel a bit more light getting through to the buds is better than all those sun leaves...
And what strain is the little one?
Are you still only using the overgrow foliar for veg.
The Loft is looking beautiful as usual

A 4 strain grow. Second try.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...-strain-grow.-Second-try..57614/&share_type=t

I have to ask, why you dimm the lights?
Why not keep them at 100%

Its hard to show you but man COB's are super bright...they are made for flood lights originally...if you look closely at the Pineapple express in this pic you will see the ends of the leave are sticking up, like a clawing effect, this was much more prominent 3 days ago. This means she is freaking out with the amount of light she is getting. By dimming the COB's I can control this and also be more efficient in power consumption and loads of geeky stuff that fly's over my head...watch the Growmous5 vids on you tube for the geeky stuff...I'm pulling about 180w from the wall at the moment and my plants are still getting 3, 4 times the amount of light before with my 2 mars lights (1x600w and 1x300w).
Photographs don't do it justice as the aperture always compensates. You have to where your shades when opening the tent.
I also have a height restriction of 160cm, with my light in and pots that only gives me about 110cm to play with, that's why I'm doing the experiments into the training.
The little one is a White Cheese by Dinafem.

PE_D45.jpg

I always thought that sticking up on the leafs edge was heat stress.
And that too much light would bleach the leaves, make buds turn white, and foxtail ( happened to my blue cheese when she went from the Viparspectra to the COB.)
I'll keep a eye out for that!
You think if I put a power dimmer between the COB and the timer on my set, it would work and not screw up the COB?
It would be great to be able to make it dimmable for that change of tents

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...-strain-grow.-Second-try..57614/&share_type=t

Dude, looking mighty fine in the cob loft! Haha your girls are loving you and the new cobs it seems [emoji3]

I agree about the penetration. It's a stark contrast to blurple.

Keep it up mate your garden looks awesome dude [emoji7]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always thought that sticking up on the leafs edge was heat stress.
And that too much light would bleach the leaves, make buds turn white, and foxtail ( happened to my blue cheese when she went from the Viparspectra to the COB.)
I'll keep a eye out for that!
You think if I put a power dimmer between the COB and the timer on my set, it would work and not screw up the COB?
It would be great to be able to make it dimmable for that change of tents

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=25553&share_tid=57614&url=https://www.autoflower.org/index.php?threads/A-4-strain-grow.-Second-try..57614/&share_type=t

It can be a sign for both, I know its not heat as I have that dialed in in my tent, my probes sit directly onto of the canopy. I run 2 to check the difference... I've had a bit of bleaching and light stress on my last grow using my burple's...mostly I think It depends on the strain, the white cheese and fast and vast seem to want more light than the Pineapple express.

On the dimmer, I would ask that question in the DIY section, much more knowledgeable geeks in there to answer that...

Dude, looking mighty fine in the cob loft! Haha your girls are loving you and the new cobs it seems [emoji3]

I agree about the penetration. It's a stark contrast to blurple.

Keep it up mate your garden looks awesome dude [emoji7]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cheers dude...I sat there last night on the floor looking at them in wonder at how much I could see underneath...no more fluff.

too much light would bleach the leaves, make buds turn white, and foxtail ( happened to my blue cheese when she went from the

That bleaching is actually the last stage of photo inhibition, your plants can slow down and you won't know why. Unless you know and watch all the variables.

@Slater is doing uncommonly well for the time he's been growing.

Back