Indoor Slaters Loft - The 2017 'Get some from your mother' tour

I am here buddy thanks for the tag.looks great bro.funny you are doing a zambeza auto white cheese as that is what i have just planted for a zambeza test run so we can keep an eye on each others,i will tag you in when she pops above ground which should be a day or 2.good luck my friend :pass:

That's mental... Out of the 3 zambeza strains I have, I chose the one you are testing... Spooky.
That great as you have said we can now compare, that has just made the pineapple and cheese party that bit more fun.

Sent from mTalk

That's mental... Out of the 3 zambeza strains I have, I chose the one you are testing... Spooky.
That great as you have said we can now compare, that has just made the pineapple and cheese party that bit more fun.

Sent from mTalk

You will have to send me some pineapple so i can put it on a stick with my cheese hahahaha

View attachment 687039

2017 'Get some from your mother' tour

Welcome to Slater's Loft, where one man is going to battle against the elements of growing all year round in a small tent, in a UK loft (attic...space in your roof). Everyone said "it can't be done", " to hot in the summer " they said... " to cold in the winter " they said... well I say " bring it on, I have secret weapons for this battle...and, I love good challenge ".

So far my growing experience is 2 harvest's to my name of Big Easy by Freedom seeds and AK49 by vision seeds, big up AFN for all the help on that... I did grow some chilies 2 summers ago but that don't really count, I had help from the misses. She love's her veg growing.

So this journal is about my adventures over this year into growing this wonderful plant that has been my love since I first partook at the age of 16... I'm just big phat stoner.
I shall be growing some auto classics, Jack Herer, Mazar, Vast and the Fast, some Mephisto to name but a few. Plus I will be having a go at my first photo grow this coming summer months... I'm thinking LSD by Barnys Farm but I'm sure to change my mind. I also plan to try and make at least one plant each time i fill the tent with an undocumented strain on AFN to give this journal some worth in any one wanting to research that strain for a future grow.​

So lets get this 2017 journal up and running​

kit list - will be added to over the year...does the tweaking ever stop.

Main Tent
- 80cm x 80cm x 160cm (in old money... just over 2.5' x 2.5' x 5')
Prop Tent - 60cm x 120cm x 100cm (in old money... about 2' x 4' x 3.5')

Lights
- Mars 600w classic and Mars 96 reflector (main tent) and Mars Reflector 48 for the propagation tent...plan to build my own cobs this year

Fans
Extraction
- RVK 5" L with sms fan speed controller
Intake - in the wings if needed but not installed Black Orchid 4"
Environment - 2 x 6" clip on desk fans

Filter - Rhino

Extras
- 80w tube heater inside the tent
- DIY hot box with a mini oil rad inside hooked up to my intake
- Mini humidifier
- Mini de-humidier

Groom Up grades
and my new secret weapons against the UK weather

Having 2 grows, battling temps and generally having to learn fast and think on my feet i think i may have now got the best set up for the cold this winter and the hot weather to come this summer. I've done some more up grade's that I think will put those naysayers at bay at being able to grow all year round in a tent in a UK loft.
Got lucky recently, my brother had just boarded and insulated his loft. Well he had about £300 of silver backed 50mm and 100mm insulation board. The really good stuff :thumbsup: get in bruva I'll be having that, thanks.
So I've now boxed my 2 tents in with the insulation board. I've also got rock wool between the board and the skin of the main tent for extra coverage.
View attachment 687114
Used insulated ducting for the intake from the hotbox to make it way more efficient.

I have to wedge the boards covering the doors of the tents (they face each other).
I decided not build a full wooden frame for the tent to sit in so I could break it all down quick if needed.
View attachment 687119

Did a test run and got steady temps...in fact I got to much heat, its taken a bit to dial it in but I'm getting there. These pics where taken on Wed 11th and we had a super cold snap in the UK.
Internal loft temp 4c, temp was at a steady 27c in the tent and could go higher. The loft dropped to 2c over the night and the tent stayed and controlled between 24c and 28c :woohoo1:
View attachment 687121

Right lets kick start the first grow of the 2017 'Get some from your mother' tour
with
View attachment 687122

...I love pineapple and cheese on a stick.

The line up

Pineapple Express by Barney's Farm
White Cheese by @zambezaseeds (won in comp with [HASHTAG]#seedcity[/HASHTAG] , thank you Zambeza seeds)
and in the support slot, the classic, she's been grown so much, every one on here seems to have grown her once... the odd one out that did not fit with my title...
Vast and the fast by Heavy Weight seeds (also won in a comp with [HASHTAG]#seedcity[/HASHTAG] , thanks guys)

View attachment 687128

View attachment 687129

View attachment 687130

All in the ground Wed 11/01/2017
Medium - Soil, B&Q verve (a popular hardware store brand that loads of growers I know use and love, did me proud on my last grow)
Pots - 1 x 20ltr and 2 x 10ltr air pots (in old money that's about 5 gallon and 2 gallon). A new up-grade to my grow.​

, Germination in root riot plugs soaked in water and Green Fuse Root Stimulator.

View attachment 687123

View attachment 687124

I woke up this morning, go and check temps and to see where we are at and low and behold, 3 smiling face's fresh to the there new world.

And It all begins.

Day one
15/01/2017
View attachment 687132

View attachment 687134

View attachment 687133

Thank you for reading so far, it been a long opener. We shall get in to what I'm feeding them in a future post, nothing special just don't need to do it for a bit. My plan will be to update every week once or twice with plenty of pics so we can see the progress of the plants over a few shots.

:pass:

@jingo @Yeatster @Dudeski @2Stoned2Care @Benjamin Squier @iampepe @AeonSophia @Eyeoftheworld @IceWater421 @Druid @MateraGaia @budelee @Powerful14 @Thumb bum @CaptainDave420 @Thr33_BOP @MarshydroTina @billythekid @WalterW @cr0crop @sanguine

and everyone else, all is:welcome:

Thanks for tagging me, great start!!!:d5:

Sir.... Very nice, will be following along for the experience! UK climate though... heard nothing but bad things (cold)

Its not that bad really...others get it a lot lot worse...its part of our culture to inherently complain about it all the time. At least our temps are not extreme...it can be very humid and the weather can be changeable quickly. I have varying temps in my loft from 18c to 4c at any given time at the moment...you just can never tell what we will get next.

I like I like!!!!!! Should become some awesome ladies!!!!

Thanks man...So looking forward to growing all 3, read nothing but good things about the pineapple express and the vast and the fast. Especial looking forward to smoking that white cheese, I've only had a cheese variety once...we had to pull the car over.

Back