Lighting Slater gets his COB on

I'd locate some 1812's 4000k for the mars. One cob per driver 30ish watts each. Not sure on U.K. Pricing but here that can be owned for around $20 per cob with holder. The light will have a lot more blue but still be suitable for flowering. Another thing to remember is the amount of blue in the new light is probably double what you were using before. Those 3w diodes are no comparison. Give the cobs a shot at veg before you do anything crazy. You will be impressed that's a guarantee.

Cheers for that @BigSm0 , 4000k and citizen was what I was thinking for the cheapest option... I'm going to get new thread stared on this now.

Thank @BigSm0 and thank you for the inspiration to do it. Cob lighting is what I wanted from the start when I was first reading up about but could'nt afford the decent pre made lights and just didn't really know DIY exited on building yuour on lights. Now you have got me hooked, Took apart my mars 46 reflector yesterday to see what we have, time for conversion, I need veg light for my prop tent... I shall get a thread going later on it, be good for anyone wanting to give it a go.

Nice job dude, really awesome build! :slap:

May I ask ask as I'm new to the cob world... Would this setup be more appropriate for late veg and mostly following+ ? Or will you be using it from start too finish on your next grow? Just curious about the color range and intensity in something line this build.

I'm so intrigued!

Nice job dude, really awesome build! :slap:

May I ask ask as I'm new to the cob world... Would this setup be more appropriate for late veg and mostly following+ ? Or will you be using it from start too finish on your next grow? Just curious about the color range and intensity in something line this build.

I'm so intrigued!

Thank for the slap dude :pass:
I'm new my self all this myself and I like to learn as I go. This light is me just getting started on DIY, I do plan to up grade it by adding 4 more cobs at 4000k and mix the 2. But what I've read you will still get a good performance out of the 3500k in veg but yes a little more blue wouldn't go a miss....also i got a deal on the kit and had to go with what it came with.

Thank for the slap dude :pass:
I'm new my self all this myself and I like to learn as I go. This light is me just getting started on DIY, I do plan to up grade it by adding 4 more cobs at 4000k and mix the 2. But what I've read you will still get a good performance out of the 3500k in veg but yes a little more blue wouldn't go a miss....also i got a deal on the kit and had to go with what it came with.

Word up!

@Slater by any chance you got the link to the eBay seller mate thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is awesome.. Where did you find this contraption? Lol

I built it my self, was really easy to wire. If you want to build one here is the wiring diagram for the voltage meter. For the dimmer control just watch the growmau5 vids on youtube on how to do it and choose which way you want to dim.

d8f01307-6163-413a-8622-94f846159f66.jpg

hey dude, I have just had look for him but I think he has gone. @hippy71 I think just got the last kit from him.

Yep he is sold out now. I did suggest to him it would be a good idea to get some more kits in.

Yep he is sold out now. I did suggest to him it would be a good idea to get some more kits in.

Have you got his eBay name or a way I can contact him I can't afford to buy the pre build one so best thing is for me to do is build one lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back