Lighting Slater gets his COB on

Nice job, can't wait for a weight report [emoji6] I suspect you will have much better results than the Mars and have a light that will last until YOU decide to make a change.

Nice job, can't wait for a weight report [emoji6] I suspect you will have much better results than the Mars and have a light that will last until YOU decide to make a change.

Thank dude, I'm really am interested to see the bud density, should be much tighter nugs and a lot less fluff on the lower parts of the branches... its what I wanted from the start but was not educated enough to know where to start and also not having deep enough pockets to buy the alternative pre made options like what you use. I want to get a cool control for it now.

This is what i have done with my knob, hooked it up in a box with a voltage meter on the AC in...finally all finished, now to design the up grades

cob controler 01.jpg

Sorry for missing out on the second half of this. Thrilled for you bro. Light looks wonderful and you did a fantastic job with it. Keep a close eye on the plants as dudeski mentioned this isn't a red and blue toy its a full blown photon slinger. Hopefully someone kept my seat warm, im ready to see what you do with it now. Max rep:slap:

Sorry for missing out on the second half of this. Thrilled for you bro. Light looks wonderful and you did a fantastic job with it. Keep a close eye on the plants as dudeski mentioned this isn't a red and blue toy its a full blown photon slinger. Hopefully someone kept my seat warm, im ready to see what you do with it now. Max rep:slap:

Thank @BigSm0 and thank you for the inspiration to do it. Cob lighting is what I wanted from the start when I was first reading up about but could'nt afford the decent pre made lights and just didn't really know DIY exited on building yuour on lights. Now you have got me hooked, Took apart my mars 46 reflector yesterday to see what we have, time for conversion, I need veg light for my prop tent... I shall get a thread going later on it, be good for anyone wanting to give it a go.

Thank @BigSm0 and thank you for the inspiration to do it. Cob lighting is what I wanted from the start when I was first reading up about but could'nt afford the decent pre made lights and just didn't really know DIY exited on building yuour on lights. Now you have got me hooked, Took apart my mars 46 reflector yesterday to see what we have, time for conversion, I need veg light for my prop tent... I shall get a thread going later on it, be good for anyone wanting to give it a go.
I'd locate some 1812's 4000k for the mars. One cob per driver 30ish watts each. Not sure on U.K. Pricing but here that can be owned for around $20 per cob with holder. The light will have a lot more blue but still be suitable for flowering. Another thing to remember is the amount of blue in the new light is probably double what you were using before. Those 3w diodes are no comparison. Give the cobs a shot at veg before you do anything crazy. You will be impressed that's a guarantee.

Back