Simultaneous signs of Burn & Deficiency?

Everybody was nice and dry today. We were close yesterday, but I decided to let them go a little longer for the sake of giving those roots a break after the soak. I am using the accurate 8 to check moisture levels more than pH these days. What a handy tool.

Mixed up a quarter dose of Rx Blend week 2 flowering nutes. pH'ed to 6.4 and 270ppm. They are also getting another 4 oz. of the great white myco mix.

One other adjustment I made was that I changed my watering method. Previously, I had my girls sitting in little plastic trays. I would water to the very beginnings of runoff (Typically ~1/4 gallon) and then just let them sit in that. Generally they'd soak it back up within an hour or so. Anyway, in conjunction with the sometimes-heavy feeds, I think this was compounding my buildup issues.

Today, they each got 1/2 gallon of the aforementioned mix. I watered lightly (~1/8 gal) and let them soak for about 20m. Then watered to runoff and let them drain. I'm keeping them on racks to help them dry a little quicker as well. Previously, the bottoms were not getting any air exposure.

Some strange runoff results from today's feed. Not quite sure what to make of it. The numbers are overall better than they were pre-flush. The myco must be a factor. I gave 4 oz. each immediately after the flushes. I also gave another 4 oz. each today; but the runoff readings were taken before that was added in.

270 ppm going in for all.

Plant LabelPre-Flush Runoff (ppm)Post-Flush Runoff (ppm)Today's Post-Feed Runoff (ppm)
E11050170ppm (This was taken when flushing with RO)496
E21000640ppm (Flushing with 440ppm feed)350
E31050670ppm (Flushing with 440ppm feed)560
E4(Managed not to get this one recorded)220ppm (This was taken when flushing with RO)760

I'm not sure what to make of it, but I'm not going to over think it. I'll keep feeding at this reduced (1/4) strength and keep tabs on the PPM coming out. The leaves got pretty toasted unfortunately during the whole process.

I am also wondering if I didn't burn them a little with the lights, as I notice that the growth which wasn't getting as much light seems nice and lush green right now. I was incrementing light intensity very slowly (about 1-2k/day), but I have read that it can come on pretty sudden. At the most, they were getting 620ppfd and still leaning into it. They are back down to 440ppfd right now; which is on the low end of recommended flower intensity from my light vendor.

They don't look great, but today is day 50. At this point, I'm hoping to get them across the finish line with something salvageable; and then it's on to the next grow.

Day 50.jpg

A few more updates. They've had two feedings post-flush; both at quarter strength nutes and to beginnings of runoff. The lower growth is nice and green - which is a relief - but those tops are all bleaching and looking pretty rough. I've been pulling off leaves as they die but taking care not to remove anything that isn't drying out and/or shriveling.

This is day 55-56 (They sprouted about a day apart), so at this point I am just going to do what I can to get them across the finish line and try to learn a bit more about the dry/cure. Weekly average temp is 78.1F and RH is at 48.7% over the same period

Any (and all) advice is welcome and sincerely appreciated. I incremented my lights by a little bit more. I had taken them down from 40k lux (~620 ppfd) to 32k (~440ppfd) when this got so bad. Back up to 35k (515ppfd) now. Was able to shift them around a bit to get more even exposure for all.

Day 55 - 1.jpg

Day 55 - 2 crop.jpg

Day 55 - 3.jpg

Day 55 - 4.jpg

Last edited:
Back