Shaman Genetics seeds, organic soil, fabric pots, and a lot to learn

@Fuggzy yes that's no problem man! Still curing for now another couple of weeks for the Hubbabubba and about 3-4 weeks for the Bluekraken before I sample them.. The smell is here already tho...

Hi Brilat, and thanks for stopping in. I obviously forgot to put that rain water is my main source of water, its just been a bit dry the last few weeks. I prefer it over any city water filtered or not.

I can only speak for my area, but I don't personally know anyone that thinks rain water is bad. Its the nectar of life my friend. In regards to people not using it could be due to local laws. For instance, in my county, it is illegal to collect rain water for personal use including watering your garden. Thats about the only thing I know of giving anyone a funny attitude about it.

As far as chlorine being a poison, sure. Would I use the ice if there was no chlorine in my water? Hell no. I live 1/4 mile from a water treatment facility. Drive by 1 and take in a nice whiff of its essence. Take care.

Spliffscot, I forgot to mention I am also watering an organic veggie garden too. I collect all the rain water I can (5 gal buckets, it is illegal to have a collection barrel in my county), but when it is dry, I'll mainly use the filter. I need ~10 gallons just for MJ plants, and then ~45-50 for the veggies, and thats a pain in the ass. I was running a air pump 24/7 to speed up the out gassing, but I also got tired of dealing with that. The filter I have is over kill for residential use, and should fit the build for a while. Although I plan on testing it ~every couple weeks.

Till later.

Okay I found the camera and got a few pictures. the 3.JPG The older sibling had a bit more chewing than I though, but its nothing detrimental. Overall they look healthy. There is a bit of chewing hid by a leaf here.
#1.JPG

This is girl #2
#2.JPG

This is girl #3
#3.JPG

Tomorrow I'll be adding the mulch back to the top. I've been pretty busy and haven't had a time to grab it from the garden.
I'll also be making up some aloe water for all the plants tomorrow. Thats about all for the autos for now.

I do also have some photos going, and I'm just going to post those here too. No need to keep a bunch of threads going just to talk green. The autos will still be the main focus of this thread though.

So I also have a Amnesia fem going 12/12 from seed. It was actually a free seed (4) with the Shaman seeds. I went with 12/12 cause I had a flower finishing in my micro cab, and wanted to get started. Plus I wanted to see a 12/12 from seed grow for myself. I just FIM'd it yesterday, it's my 1st attempt. I've topped, just not fim'd. That is going to be the only high stress I do to her. Only some lst from here on. She also is showing her lady parts.
day 31 lady parts.JPG

These pics are from today at 31 days.
Day 31.JPG
Day 31 (3).JPG

While I was out, the old fart forgot to water this plant. It is in a micro cab in my garage, and he barley goes in there. It didn't seem to harm it though. I'm guessing it wasn't dry to long. Didn't even droop. I don't have any info on its genetics besides amnesia. It was simply labeled Amnesia gift. Depending on how this girl turns out, I may use the other 3 to cross breed some seeds. I have some crystal dwarf that I want to cross it to. They where both gifts I didn't expect. If the it doesn't work out favorable, no harm here.

This is from a sativa dom bag seed. I don't know what it came from, but it is in my "good enough to keep" jar. I already harvested 2 of her sisters. They have a nice strawberry on inhale, and a spicy tropical hue on exhale. This 1 is also much more plump, and mature than the last 2. She flowered outside, but started in the micro cab, so she was trained to be smaller. Only had I knew she would have been there, I would have went for a monster. I REALLY<<< like this bud, and can only imagine how much better this harvest will be.

DSCN0885[1].JPG

She also was the only 1 with pink/purple hairs. The 1st 2 where all white. This pic is a few weeks ago.
DSCN0562.JPG

Time to go cook up some tasty treats. Till later, take care.

Attachments

• DSCN0886[1].JPG
    DSCN0886[1].JPG
    187.7 KB · Views: 58
If your just need to aerate out water I saw this one in Spain. You can get photovoltaic driven pond pumps :) runs circulation and aeration too - I admit these were keeping fish from cooking in the sun and connected to a large tank to keep them cool - but not free from cats - but hey she has a dog for them lol.

All looking good tho.

If your just need to aerate out water I saw this one in Spain. You can get photovoltaic driven pond pumps :) runs circulation and aeration too - I admit these were keeping fish from cooking in the sun and connected to a large tank to keep them cool - but not free from cats - but hey she has a dog for them lol.

All looking good tho.
I've done some playing around with aerating water for higher dissolved O2. Mainly for brewing tea, but higher levels even in plain water is good too. I would call them experiments, but I don't have an DO meter to check them with. So I basically judge it by ease of use, if it is breaking the surface tension of the water, and what kind of pump I am using. I'm on a pretty tight budget, but am lucky enough to have access to, well, lots of shit. Have I mentioned oh much I love my old fart father in-law?

I have 2 different submersible water pumps, 2 different air pumps (fish tank), 5 flojet pressure regulated water pumps (like a soda fountain), and 1 unregulated pump, like the flojet, but I can put my own pressure regulations on it. The flojet, and unregulated pumps are commercial grade and pretty strong. I don't have the specs on hand though.

Come next paycheck I'll be grabbing a larger air pump for my teas. I'm looking at 2 at the moment that range from 793-923 GPH, which would allow me to brew much more tea at 1 time. I am currently brewing small batches with a higher concentration of ewc, and brewed for a shorter time. It's 3l of water, 2 cups of EWC, and w/e else i use, brewed for 6-8 hours. I also end the brew at night as heat will lower the DO in the h2O. After that I put the slurry in a 5 gallon bucket, fill it with water, and run the air pump for 1.5-2 more hours whisking every 15 min to ensure there is nothing settling. This is based off a recommendation by microbman (Tim Willson) for those that do not have large air pumps.. I have not seen any ill effects from this, and it DOES NOT go anaerobic. It is however a pain in the ass.

The regulated flojet by far does the best at simply aerating. With the water line a ~8" above a 5g bucket full of water, it can blast the water (breaking surface tension, and carrying air with it) to the bottom of the bucket. It is almost like looking at an up side down DWC. However, water pumps like them will actually chew up and kill the bacteria in teas. They are still great at brewing fungal teas, but I prefer a "broad spectrum" tea. These are also the most difficult to work with as they are not submersible, and kinda heavy.

So that went a bit off topic, but basically I agree with you. A pond style air pump would be a good investment.

So this is a simple feeding I just made up. This is more for the soil than the plants per-se. It will be given to all the plants, but the pics are for my micro set up. I'll just mix a larger batch for outside. I don't tend to make exact measurements, call it a byproduct of years of professional cooking. Some items I will if there is a chance of burning, or doing harm.

This isn't how I would normally do a feeding, but wanted to try something a bit different, and am still kinda busy.

The mixture has fresh aloe water, prepared FPJ, and comfrey root "tea". The comfrey is not prepared by brewing like most teas, and is not a complete extraction. (i don't know how to call it... not finished i guess) The comfrey roots are dry and made for food grade teas for the medicinal values. This link show the values for comfrey by leaf and root. http://sun.ars-grin.gov:8080/npgspub/xsql/duke/plantdisp.xsql?taxon=984

DSCN0887[1].JPG

So basically I just added ~1/2 cup of the comfrey roots to dechlorinated water and mixed it in the processor for about a minute. There is a fair amount of root dust in the bag, and wanted to loosen up as much as I could. I wasn't trying to pulp the roots as they are to hard right now.
DSCN0889[1].JPG

From here I added it to a jar with more water, and gave it a good shake every 10ish minutes for about an hour. The remaining roots will be brewed for about 6 hours, strained, and pulped for my worms. The tea will be for further feeding.
DSCN0890[1].JPG

For the aloe, I basically filleted it. Trying to get all the meat and snot out of the middle. When I got all the solid meats out I scraped the inner walls for the snot. If you have ever cut ones of these open, you know about the snot.
DSCN0892[1].JPG
DSCN0896[1].JPG This is basically to chop and mix, and it added to more water. I have some Agsil16h potassium silicate on the way, and can make stronger solutions later. I really like growing the aloe and don't want to butcher all of them to feed these girls.

This is the FPJ I am using. It is mainly from weeds around the yard. I have a few weeds that grow REALLY well which is what this mainly is, but there is a bit of everything in it.DSCN0899[1].JPG

Being that I didn't measure it, I offer pics to see it. The first is of aloe water only. The second is with the FPJ added. The 3rd is with the root "tea" added. From there I filled the jar with a kelp tea. Normally I would make this all separately for the most part. I just wasn't feeling normal this morning.
DSCN0900[1].JPG

DSCN0901[1].JPG
DSCN0902[1].JPG

Hit the pic limit.... to be continued....

Attachments

• DSCN0891[1].JPG
    DSCN0891[1].JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 54
This is the finished feeding in a gravity feeder I made for my micro cab. After watering the micro I placed it on a drip tray, and will add the drippings back to the plant. Whatever is left after a second drip will go to waste.
DSCN0903[1].JPG
DSCN0904[1].JPG

Back