Indoor Senseimillan Presents Grow Log 9/17 (Crystal Candy Auto / Auto Jedi Kush)

Nice Banner aha.

I can alrdy see some tipburning, do u know if it comes from nutes or the light? remember that seedlings dont need that much light and u can easily kill them with too much :D

That's not tip burn.. It's advanced manganese deficiency caused by my tap water pH being too high in the promix cactus soil I used to germinate in. They have shown signs of recovery already, I thought I was going to have to start new ones. I kind of jumped the gun on these seedlings, my cabinet wasn't finished yet hahaha. I wasn't expecting the delays that I faced, but they're recovering and happy.

I missed so many updates. Cab looks good man. I'm curious to see how much weight you get in there

Hey bro how's everything doing?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hey everyone! Sorry for no updates, it's always embarrassing to admit failure when something goes wrong, and waiting to see if the soil mix will support life is pretty boring to watch and wait for!

My last update I talked about my pH (most likely) being off, and deficiency creeping in. What I haven't told you is that I wasn't able to get into the garden for two consecutive nights, but when I came back I found completely crisped and mangled plants with one or two hangers on that were showing signs of nitrogen deficiency along with crispy lower leaves. I've never experienced a deficiency that was so devastating and didn't reverse itself so I'm left wondering if my seedlings were hit by Leaf Rust Mold due to my improvised ventilation (or lack there-of!)

So I am left with three possibilities:
  1. It's all my fault, I shouldn't have germinated seedlings when the room wasn't ready. High temps and humidity wreaked havoc.
  2. My lights were too hot and fried the plants, see possibility one ^^
  3. My soil mix was hotter than I thought, again see possibility one.
I put 4x new Crystal Candy Auto seeds direct into the pot. So far, only have one sprout. She's growing and green and looking perfectly healthy, but not too sure if the roots have passed through the sand layer and hit the coir which could be hot. That's the test. I only have a 5 pack of Auto Jedi Kush left, and I can't justify using them to test the soil like I can test the Crystal Candy Auto's of which I just have more seed. So in the other pot I germinated my freebies from Canuck Seeds: Quarter Pounder Auto, Amnesia Auto, and Sweet Tooth Auto, and I know which one is the Quarter Pounder but I don't know which of the other two is which so it'll be interesting to see if I can identify it. Looking forward to the fun of it.

Now I can see if it was just the rough treatment of the original seedlings is to blame or if it's something else I will be able to figure that out. I have left all other variables the same.

I missed so many updates. Cab looks good man. I'm curious to see how much weight you get in there

Thanks man, me too! Obviously there's a long way to go.. I have figured out how I want to do ventilation in Mk 1 (this being Mk 0.5). I think in the meantime I will hookup my small 145 CFM mini carbon filter, and focus on the next iteration since my alterations require slightly larger dimensions as I am switching my design from 2'x4' external measurements to 2x full 2'x2' of internal canopy space. I plan to divide the two spaces with a chamber inside of which will go my carbon filter media, my 6" hyperfan, and a muffler I will design and build. The math for airflow and CFM is causing me more headaches than PPFD ever did, FML.
:chimp:

Onto other news, I had a very positive meeting today with my new business partner. We are moving forward with plans to commercialize the final outcome of this project and take it legit. There will be more energy available to direct into fleshing out this project in the coming weeks and months, and I haven't been this fucking excited for years! And that's saying a lot, because I'm an excitable guy!

I really want to thank you guys for following along and I will be sure to bring you along for at least part of the journey! Future plans include a YouTube channel, but you'll have to look out for that on the D.L. until I'm a vendor here.

Anyway, I was reviewing this thread and I was just dumping stuff here and I thought it was getting crowded with my bullshit so, still busy at work on these plans for the future and loving every minute of it!
:highfive:
:goauto:

I also enrolled in a course to learn Autodesk Fusion 360, a powerful and free to use CAD/CAM 3D printing engineering simulator all-in-one, so I hope to be able to build and share digital mockups in the near future.

Hey everyone! Sorry for no updates, it's always embarrassing to admit failure when something goes wrong, and waiting to see if the soil mix will support life is pretty boring to watch and wait for!

My last update I talked about my pH (most likely) being off, and deficiency creeping in. What I haven't told you is that I wasn't able to get into the garden for two consecutive nights, but when I came back I found completely crisped and mangled plants with one or two hangers on that were showing signs of nitrogen deficiency along with crispy lower leaves. I've never experienced a deficiency that was so devastating and didn't reverse itself so I'm left wondering if my seedlings were hit by Leaf Rust Mold due to my improvised ventilation (or lack there-of!)

So I am left with three possibilities:
  1. It's all my fault, I shouldn't have germinated seedlings when the room wasn't ready. High temps and humidity wreaked havoc.
  2. My lights were too hot and fried the plants, see possibility one ^^
  3. My soil mix was hotter than I thought, again see possibility one.
I put 4x new Crystal Candy Auto seeds direct into the pot. So far, only have one sprout. She's growing and green and looking perfectly healthy, but not too sure if the roots have passed through the sand layer and hit the coir which could be hot. That's the test. I only have a 5 pack of Auto Jedi Kush left, and I can't justify using them to test the soil like I can test the Crystal Candy Auto's of which I just have more seed. So in the other pot I germinated my freebies from Canuck Seeds: Quarter Pounder Auto, Amnesia Auto, and Sweet Tooth Auto, and I know which one is the Quarter Pounder but I don't know which of the other two is which so it'll be interesting to see if I can identify it. Looking forward to the fun of it.

Now I can see if it was just the rough treatment of the original seedlings is to blame or if it's something else I will be able to figure that out. I have left all other variables the same.

Thanks man, me too! Obviously there's a long way to go.. I have figured out how I want to do ventilation in Mk 1 (this being Mk 0.5). I think in the meantime I will hookup my small 145 CFM mini carbon filter, and focus on the next iteration since my alterations require slightly larger dimensions as I am switching my design from 2'x4' external measurements to 2x full 2'x2' of internal canopy space. I plan to divide the two spaces with a chamber inside of which will go my carbon filter media, my 6" hyperfan, and a muffler I will design and build. The math for airflow and CFM is causing me more headaches than PPFD ever did, FML.
:chimp:

Onto other news, I had a very positive meeting today with my new business partner. We are moving forward with plans to commercialize the final outcome of this project and take it legit. There will be more energy available to direct into fleshing out this project in the coming weeks and months, and I haven't been this fucking excited for years! And that's saying a lot, because I'm an excitable guy!

I really want to thank you guys for following along and I will be sure to bring you along for at least part of the journey! Future plans include a YouTube channel, but you'll have to look out for that on the D.L. until I'm a vendor here.

Anyway, I was reviewing this thread and I was just dumping stuff here and I thought it was getting crowded with my bullshit so, still busy at work on these plans for the future and loving every minute of it!
:highfive:
:goauto:
Sucks to hear man but glad you got some other stuff in the works. Was missing your updates you always had such interesting ideas so atleast hang around!

Shit happens man. We would all be liars if we sat here and said we've never burnt a plant or jumped the gun so much that the entire grow suffers. Live and learn man. When I grew organic I cooked many of little seedlings lol. Once that soil is dialed in it'll all be worth it,to have your plants on auto pilot, thats the good thing about organics.

Sucks to hear man but glad you got some other stuff in the works. Was missing your updates you always had such interesting ideas so atleast hang around!

No worries on that front @rayuki I just have been very busy outside the garden. The chaotic nature of my garden right now is the result of the chaos being smoothed out in my daily life. With a business partner coming on board, it should allow me to be more consistent with my updates and help me stay focused on positive progress.

Shit happens man. We would all be liars if we sat here and said we've never burnt a plant or jumped the gun so much that the entire grow suffers. Live and learn man. When I grew organic I cooked many of little seedlings lol. Once that soil is dialed in it'll all be worth it,to have your plants on auto pilot, that's the good thing about organics.

Thanks for the well wishes and support. Of course, any farmer knows there are challenges. But smart and experienced farmers don't rush things. I know better. These are the consequences, wasted genetics means wasted $$$, lost production time = reduced revenue, and making public mistakes has an impact on my reputation which I care a lot about. Making novice mistakes after some time out of the garden has proven disheartening. On the flip-side, I've never grown in a confined space of any kind before, and I suspect that the empty airspace within a full size grow can buffer humidity and temp fluctuations more easily. This is a point I will remember for a long time to come.

The soil mix should not be a problem. I'm not convinced that was the issue, but my new seedlings will let me know within a week.

Last edited:
Back