Indoor Senseimillan Presents Grow Log 9/17 (Crystal Candy Auto / Auto Jedi Kush)

Can't find my pH pen or litmus paper.... Gotta love it when this stuff happens. Going to go buy some Dasani or Aquafina bottled water, both have a reputation for being slightly acidic.

I'd love to eventually craft handmade cabinets using some of these techniques. [HASHTAG]#goals[/HASHTAG]

PlanterBrick_w_Plants_LR_OW.jpg

Hmmm...

brick_verticalgarden1.jpg

mini-planter-system-3d-printed-3.jpg

Last edited:
I want a self watering airpot made from kiln fired waterproof clay. *prays to the weed gods*

The base should be square and fit within a square foot and the res should be large but the pot portion should be max 6" diameter (round or square doesn't matter).

Probably easier to 3D print this in ABS...hmmm

Transporting the seedlings from point A to point B.

7iznacf.gif

Modified the lid of the cab to get the heatsinks outside and exposed to moving air. Decided to go with 2 QB304s this time. Glad I did, 4 was total overkill and the spread of these is amazing.

SeLUo9b.gif

rAiWNx4.gif

I'm glad I only went with two QBs, the light spread is amazing, the temps are controllable, and the temp probe in the heatsink is steady at 111.1 F a good sign if I ever had one, and temp inside without doors or ventilation is 81.5 F. This will be my config, I will clean up the shitty woodworking a bit after I figure out my ventilation. Mk. 0.5 well on it's way.

avc9fPt.gif

I might turn the light down a bit more still.

e3mMeLc.gif

I added 3L Fuller's Earth Clay and 1.5L washed construction sand and 5L water to my coco/soil mix and had an adequate consistency. I sprinkled a very thin layer of Fuller's Earth on top of the gravel and filled the gravel with water. You can see I drilled a hole just below the level of the gravel to prevent over filling. It's like a hempy bucket that way. Then I added my soilmix.

W1q0iE9.gif

I transplanted directly into this mix. I put the stripped pods of organic Tahitian vanilla that I saved, it is amazing fungi food. I sprinkled 1L Fuller's Earth Clay on top of this layer and wet it with a spray bottle. I think this will lock in some moisture to my highly aerated mix.

wdwmXQJ.gif

Then I topped the whole totes off with washed construction sand and sprayed it with Dasani water to bring the pH down a bit and prevent the dry sand from sucking the water out of the seedlings. I heavily spread organic red clover on top of the sand layer, sprayed well, and put another thin layer of sand on top. I sprayed it in well. The reason I used so much seed is I'm really not sure if the sand will dry out and how many seeds will actually germinate. I can always thin it for mulch :)

I didn't bother flushing, just transplanted and watered in with the nutes and Dasani. Time will tell if this mix will work.

Crystal Candy Auto on the left Auto Jedi Kush on the right.

Figure out the ventilation next. Good night!

Last edited:
Transporting the seedlings from point A to point B.

7iznacf.gif

Modified the lid of the cab to get the heatsinks outside and exposed to moving air. Decided to go with 2 QB304s this time. Glad I did, 4 was total overkill and the spread of these is amazing.

SeLUo9b.gif

rAiWNx4.gif

I'm glad I only went with two QBs, the light spread is amazing, the temps are controllable, and the temp probe in the heatsink is steady at 111.1 F a good sign if I ever had one, and temp inside without doors or ventilation is 81.5 F. This will be my config, I will clean up the shitty woodworking a bit after I figure out my ventilation. Mk. 0.5 well on it's way.

avc9fPt.gif

I might turn the light down a bit more still.

e3mMeLc.gif

I added 3L Fuller's Earth Clay and 1.5L washed construction sand and 5L water to my coco/soil mix and had an adequate consistency. I sprinkled a very thin layer of Fuller's Earth on top of the gravel and filled the gravel with water. You can see I drilled a hole just below the level of the gravel to prevent over filling. It's like a hempy bucket that way. Then I added my soilmix.

W1q0iE9.gif

I transplanted directly into this mix. I put the stripped pods of organic Tahitian vanilla that I saved, it is amazing fungi food. I sprinkled 1L Fuller's Earth Clay on top of this layer and wet it with a spray bottle. I think this will lock in some moisture to my highly aerated mix.

wdwmXQJ.gif

Then I topped the whole totes off with washed construction sand and sprayed it with Dasani water to bring the pH down a bit and prevent the dry sand from sucking the water out of the seedlings. I heavily spread organic red clover on top of the sand layer, sprayed well, and put another thin layer of sand on top. I sprayed it in well. The reason I used so much seed is I'm really not sure if the sand will dry out and how many seeds will actually germinate. I can always thin it for mulch :)

I didn't bother flushing, just transplanted and watered in with the nutes and Dasani. Time will tell if this mix will work.

Crystal Candy Auto on the left Auto Jedi Kush on the right.

Figure out the ventilation next. Good night!

It's not too late to switch sides so they stand like in your signature :D

Time to learn about airflow on a level I've never explored....

This next one literally made my brain flex.

Last edited:
I found a new material called Aircrete, it could be a good way to make a reservoir.

Edit: With proper forms, it could be used to build an entire cab.. cool.

Last edited:
It's not too late to switch sides so they stand like in your signature :D

Haha I'm too tired to not notice that :coffee2: I will switch them :thumbsup::thanks:

It is too late to move the planters. It is too heavy to move around and the totes are LDPE not HDPE so they're not too rigid. I am afraid of upsetting everything going on in there. Check out my new sig banner ;)

AND!

Before I left this morning I turned the QB down to 107 W because I had to close up the cab without ventilation (besides the small oscillating fan) and I was afraid of drying out the transplants.

When I returned this evening, the temps in the cab were 85 F, light was 107 F, and RH was 65% and the plants had shown good new growth and were doing their crippled version of praying. New growth is perfectly green with no signs of deficiency. Totally surprised at the quick recovery. My mix must be on point!
:woohoo1:

9KP70VK.gif

Rz5wWqU.gif

Going to spend the rest of my evening working on R&D for this filter and thinking about how to improve my photography.

Last edited:
Back