New Grower Second grow : Mephisto's Strawberry Stomper & Pinot Noir

Hey guys

Been a while since I made an update!

Pinot noir is into flowering right now, I'm supper happy and she smells so good :cooldance:
Strawberry Stomper is still weird to me, all of her nodes are super close to one another and she seems to have stopped growing for at least a week.
Not sure if the light intensity is too much for her or if it's something else.

Some pics :
View attachment 1306909
View attachment 1306910
View attachment 1306911View attachment 1306912

As always if you guys see anything wrong please tell me!
@Mañ'O'Green Would you switch the Pinot noir to bloom nutes now? Still feeding her grow nutes, should I flush her then feed her bloom from now on?

Thx AFN!
I grew Strawberry Nuggets and it is the most squat, tight noded plant I have ever grown. That is genetics my friend.

I grew Strawberry Nuggets and it is the most squat, tight noded plant I have ever grown. That is genetics my friend.

Ah that would make sense if she taking her genetics from Strawberry Nuggets then! Does it get better during the flowering strecht?

Ah that would make sense if she taking her genetics from Strawberry Nuggets then! Does it get better during the flowering strecht?
Not for me, and I tried to train those branches apart so that some light could get in there and hopefully stretch it out, but it was near impossible. If you check out my latest post, you can see some pics of the strawberry nuggets.

Hey guys

Been a while since I made an update!

Pinot noir (day 44 approximately) is into flowering right now, I'm supper happy and she smells so good :cooldance:
Strawberry Stomper is still weird to me, all of her nodes are super close to one another and she seems to have stopped growing for at least a week.
Not sure if the light intensity is too much for her or if it's something else.

Some pics :
View attachment 1306909
View attachment 1306910
View attachment 1306911View attachment 1306912

As always if you guys see anything wrong please tell me!
@Mañ'O'Green Would you switch the Pinot noir to bloom nutes now? Still feeding her grow nutes, should I flush her then feed her bloom from now on?

Thx AFN!
The Pinot Noir looks to be ready for the transition week 50% veg 50% bloom nutes with a small P-K boost then move to bloom nutes. Don't flush

If you have or can get a Far red Initiator puck to use for 15 minutes at lights out, it can encourage a bit more stretch.

Far Red Puck.jpg

The Pinot Noir looks to be ready for the transition week 50% veg 50% bloom nutes with a small P-K boost then move to bloom nutes. Don't flush

Do I need to feed her 50% veg and 50% bloom for a week or only 1 day then switch to full bloom?

Hey AFN!

My Pinot Noir is kind of getting huge now! I did not topped or LST this run, just wanted to see what kind of yield I would get just letting my girls do their thing.

Here she is :

My Post.jpg

@Mañ'O'Green She started developing those weird brown spot on the top leaves and the top leaves also look a bit yellowish to me. I'm thinking phosphorus in excess, what do you think? I've read a flush is needed and I need to bring down the EC. Currently she is fed with 1.3 EC.

Thanks!

Hey AFN!

My Pinot Noir is kind of getting huge now! I did not topped or LST this run, just wanted to see what kind of yield I would get just letting my girls do their thing.

Here she is :

View attachment 1310561

@Mañ'O'Green She started developing those weird brown spot on the top leaves and the top leaves also look a bit yellowish to me. I'm thinking phosphorus in excess, what do you think? I've read a flush is needed and I need to bring down the EC. Currently she is fed with 1.3 EC.

Thanks!
Yes it does look like phosphorus (too much Ca?) but I see other things here also. They look a bit overfed. Have you calibrated your PH pen lately? What is the PPM of your starting water? Is that included in the 1.3 EC?

Do what I call a nutrient flush over 3 days. Mix balanced bloom schedule nutrients to 50% strength PH to 5.8 and slowly fertigate to 33% run-off by the end of each of the next 3 days. The idea is to flush the salts but not the root biome. On the last day add some bio-stimulants: Kelp, Humic acid, b vitamins, Mykos or other beneficial microbes and fungi.

I think you will be fine. The leaf damage does not go away we just want to stop the progression.

Yes it does look like phosphorus (too much Ca?) but I see other things here also. They look a bit overfed. Have you calibrated your PH pen lately? What is the PPM of your starting water? Is that included in the 1.3 EC?

Do what I call a nutrient flush over 3 days. Mix balanced bloom schedule nutrients to 50% strength PH to 5.8 and slowly fertigate to 33% run-off by the end of each of the next 3 days. The idea is to flush the salts but not the root biome. On the last day add some bio-stimulants: Kelp, Humic acid, b vitamins, Mykos or other beneficial microbes and fungi.

I think you will be fine. The leaf damage does not go away we just want to stop the progression.

Yes my PH pen is calibrated, I usually feed at a PH of 6 or 6.1. Starting water EC is 0.1, so I might just be overfeeding yes. Do you recommend going half the strength then on the feed, say 0.8EC?

Thank you as always!

Back