New Grower Second grow : Mephisto's Strawberry Stomper & Pinot Noir

Well, my adventure with Coco isn't off to a good start... I'll need some help!

1 seedling died while sprouting for an unknown reason and 1 is currently badly stunted (Pinot Noir)
I'm currently waiting for the second seed to sprout (Strawberry)

View attachment 1293058View attachment 1293059

It was off to a great start with this one but then it just randomly stopped growing altogether and has been like that for 4 consecutive days. From what I can see it doesn't look overwatered, heat or light stressed.. I have no clue what is going on... I have been giving it a small amount of phed water (pH of 6) at the base when the top soil or 1 inch deep feels dry so I don't think Im overwatering..

Temp is 71 almost constantly and humidity oscillate between 65 and 70...
The light is at 40-50% intensity at 30 inch from the seedlings.
I have not been feeding the seedling anything as of yet, I wanted to wait a week before giving it small amounts of nutes..

Can anyone help me figure out what is going on?
Not stunted........ Have some patients. One of the many reasons to use coco is how loose the structure is. This promotes great root mass and the plant is growing roots right now. Be sure to keep the coco evenly moist over the entire pot but you do not need to fertigate every day. Just be sure to fertigate to 20% run off on days that you do fertigate.

@Trichome farmer @Mañ'O'Green I'll try to be even more patient lol! What I did before planting the seeds was to water the entire pot with the miicrobial mass at the recommended dosage for the first week until 20% runoff, then I waited a day before planting the seeds to let it dry just a tad. The entire medium is still lightly moist right now so I was only giving the seedling a little bit of water around the base just to make sure it was A-Ok. I currently give it a bit of water every 2 day or like I said until it feels moist to a bit dry.

What I'll do I think it start incorporating nutes at 1/4 of the strength and see if that wakes her up a bit. I'll make sure to fertigate the entire pot as @Mañ'O'Green said in that case with the nutes until 20% runoff. She looks fine don't get me wrong she just looks like she's waiting for something :p

@Trichome farmer @Mañ'O'Green I'll try to be even more patient lol! What I did before planting the seeds was to water the entire pot with the miicrobial mass at the recommended dosage for the first week until 20% runoff, then I waited a day before planting the seeds to let it dry just a tad. The entire medium is still lightly moist right now so I was only giving the seedling a little bit of water around the base just to make sure it was A-Ok. I currently give it a bit of water every 2 day or like I said until it feels moist to a bit dry.

What I'll do I think it start incorporating nutes at 1/4 of the strength and see if that wakes her up a bit. I'll make sure to fertigate the entire pot as @Mañ'O'Green said in that case with the nutes until 20% runoff. She looks fine don't get me wrong she just looks like she's waiting for something :p
first two weeks are always painfully slow

If you look at my journal, this was totally me the first two weeks :crying: . Give it time, bro. She just checking out her new big home before she gets comfortable :d5:

If you look at my journal, this was totally me the first two weeks :crying: . Give it time, bro. She just checking out her new big home before she gets comfortable :d5:
You're right looks like I'm in the exact same situation :crying: I'll leave her alone and let her do her thing!

Hey guys, just a quick update here

They decided to slightly take off since last time lol!
159672473_275706690633622_606865610522222613_n.jpg
159787594_189973682929192_7512077188520477073_n.jpg

The bigger one on the left is the Pinot Noir which I thought was stunted, but you guys were right, it was just taking its sweet time :biggrin: It looks a bit pale in my opinion but I'm thinking it might be because she is slightly overwatered in that big pot.
The Strawberry Stomper is doing well for now and growing at a steady rate.
I'm feeding 1/4 strength of nutes and next watering I might bump it to 1/2 strength. Temp 71F and RH of 65-70%

Hopefully everything goes smoothly from now on! :vibe:

Allright!

They are growing at a steady rate now. The Strawberry Stomper is a couple of days behind the Pinot Noir, but it's not too bad.

161098802_453376405872210_5776959751656227279_n.jpg
161436557_136446261716453_6160902735867571488_n.jpg

On the left here is the Strawberry Stomper. For some reasons it is really pale but still growing. I'm thinking my feeding for it is a bit too strong or it's slightly overwatered. I go by the pot weight to decide when to feed and I give both the same feeding so that might also be the issue. The Pinot Noir loves the feeding at 1/2 the strength but I'm not sure about the Strawberry.

Could anyone tell me if it looks like a nutrient issue or an overwatering issue? In any case Im not too concerned Im sure it will grow out of it. Both seem to be yellowing just a touch at the base of the leaves and not the tip, so I was thinking it may be wanting more oxygen.

Thanks!

Allright!

They are growing at a steady rate now. The Strawberry Stomper is a couple of days behind the Pinot Noir, but it's not too bad.

View attachment 1297618View attachment 1297619

On the left here is the Strawberry Stomper. For some reasons it is really pale but still growing. I'm thinking my feeding for it is a bit too strong or it's slightly overwatered. I go by the pot weight to decide when to feed and I give both the same feeding so that might also be the issue. The Pinot Noir loves the feeding at 1/2 the strength but I'm not sure about the Strawberry.

Could anyone tell me if it looks like a nutrient issue or an overwatering issue? In any case Im not too concerned Im sure it will grow out of it. Both seem to be yellowing just a touch at the base of the leaves and not the tip, so I was thinking it may be wanting more oxygen.

Thanks!
What nutrients and PPM are you feeding.

You cannot over water coco. Timing of ferigation should fall between 2 hours after lights on to 2 hours prior to lights out.

I think you can up the nutes. If you just did today wait 3 days to see if they green up a bit. If not up them a little.

Relax breath in breath out preferably with joint in your hand. I know it is hard when it is your babies on the line. :bighug:

Back