New Grower Second Grow Journal - Let's see if I can do better this time !

@FullDuplex - I have a curing question for you. I dried for 7 days (60% RH in room), one plant read 70% in the jar, that's fine, I can burp it down to 65%. But the second tree went into the jars at 62%, do I burp it or leave it in the jar for a few weeks? My main question is about what happens at 65% - do you keep the jar closed, unburped, or burped for two weeks or so. I think I over burped mine. I always value your advice, thanks.
Recent experience here. I waited 7 days on the WW i finished as she has some dense buds. Put in a jar with 62% humidity pack and a meter. 58% first day 64% second day and 70% third day. Cracked the jars and actually let the bud sit out for an hour and a half. trimmed off excess stem and put back in jar. Hour later. 62%. Ill check tomorrow and see but if its at 62% watch it for a day or so itll climb if its wet. If its not and its at 62% after 3 days leave it sealed. Otherwise burp em.

Final Harvest - Well, Im afraid this round did not turn out either. No matter how beautiful the plant and buds are, it smells like grass and smokes like shit. I have about 5 ounzes that I will make into hash. I am missing something during the grow, all my fan leaves die off early, there is literally no smell and they dot get too frosty. I have been using the fox farm schedule that @FullDuplex uses and my setup is fine. Is it the nutes? My lights? Genetics of the Seeds? The way I cure? Or just Me? feeling frustrated. I would appreciate any advice anybody has for me.

Attachments

• Blue Dream trimmed.JPG
    Blue Dream trimmed.JPG
    153.4 KB · Views: 87
  • Wild Thai.JPG
    Wild Thai.JPG
    167.1 KB · Views: 78
  • Drying.JPG
    Drying.JPG
    167.4 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_1491.JPG
    IMG_1491.JPG
    143.8 KB · Views: 110
Could be a few things. my flavor and smell improved once i stopped hanging to dry. I switched to the brown paper bag method. every single time that i hung to dry i would have the same result.

Final Harvest - Well, Im afraid this round did not turn out either. No matter how beautiful the plant and buds are, it smells like grass and smokes like shit. I have about 5 ounzes that I will make into hash. I am missing something during the grow, all my fan leaves die off early, there is literally no smell and they dot get too frosty. I have been using the fox farm schedule that @FullDuplex uses and my setup is fine. Is it the nutes? My lights? Genetics of the Seeds? The way I cure? Or just Me? feeling frustrated. I would appreciate any advice anybody has for me.

You should consider using some bovedas in your jars to keep rh perfect, I'd burp the jar that is trading 67, that still needs to dry a bit to cure properly.

Harvest looks awesome, how much were you hoping for?

@Sensi Jay - I was satisfied with harvest quantity, it was the quality I am dissapointed in. I put the boveda 62% in every jar. Turning a quarter pound into hash.

@Sensi Jay - I was satisfied with harvest quantity, it was the quality I am dissapointed in. I put the boveda 62% in every jar. Turning a quarter pound into hash.

Ah ok, sorry didn't realize. Maybe needs to cure longer? Not tempted to hold some back In case? :smoking:

Back