New Grower Sea of Green High Yielders

Ahh! It's the massive pile o' ganja you're after! Good man! (Assuming you're a man[emoji38]) Then step this way... [emoji2]

http://www.bombseeds.nl/

Are you growing in soil?

The bomb seeds have always given me BIG yields and they're really easy to grow. My two faves are THC Bomb and Berry Bomb, they're fairly old strains now tho so there might be newer versions, - I haven't looked!

Both of those^ strains go fairly big and produce lots of fat buds.

yes I will be using soil. So your saying to use less but bigger plants?

@MediScrogs what is your favorite high yielding strain?

Hey there camith, good to see you.

As far as strains...I haven't tried a sea of green run with autos yet, but in principle I'd agree with what has been said above, especially sanguine and his comment that larger yielding strains tend to take up more space, both in height and width.

I agree totally there. You should have a full and productive canopy in a 5x5 tent with 9 good autos in 5 gallon pots. Or maybe a dozen in 3 gallon pots but I don't think you'd need more plants than that unless you plan to trim some side branches. Don't overcrowd them and make sure you have airflow...you don't want mold in a packed tent. I think 9 plants is pretty maxed out though, that's just under 3 square feet each. To maximize the light, you'd want the taller plants around the perimeter of the tent and any shorter ones in the middle under your nice 1k, so the canopy takes a bowl-size shape.

Picking strains is always such a deeply personal choice. Me, in that space, I'd want 9 plants all different strains, but I don't really think about yield anymore, just focused on quality :toke:, I tend to like Autoflower Portal and Mephisto these days. Hope this helps,

yes I will be using soil. So your saying to use less but bigger plants?

@MediScrogs what is your favorite high yielding strain?

Yeah. If you've got 15 plants in little containers you could be looking at watering twice a day, which is a pain in the arse! I've found over the few years I've been growing autos, 15-20 litres of mud works best for me.

Dunno what that is in gallons tho.. I don't do imperial!

Hi friends
Sorry see the tag. My last sog was years ago, i used lowryder2 for the sog and i would recomend a dwarf strain. But with the autos on the market i would use lst witg a few plants and train the to get a big bush. Mephisto got great genetics also dutchpassion is a good choice.
cu tobe

I went for a sog with my nordenseeds. 16 1,8gal pots. Although its going very well, my 4x4 will be very crowded i a couple of weeks. Wish i had gone with 6-9 3gal pots instead. You live and learn!

Back