First grow, tons of questions, best advice *(PM me)

:smoking: Fairfox, I have to edit that thread title mate, it's a legal liability for AFN--- sorry! A while back Admin. sat down with a specialty lawyer and went over such things, and had some eye-opening stuff dropped on them - :nono:
.... what you do in PM is another matter.... :rolleyes2:
Sorry makes sense
Thanks

Before hitting the go button on expensive beans.
I'd proof the system first.
What is your plan for fungi/bugs?

In theory.
Theory and practice are the same.
In practice they are not.
(Yogi Berra).

Before hitting the go button on expensive beans.
I'd proof the system first.
What is your plan for fungi/bugs?

In theory.
Theory and practice are the same.
In practice they are not..
(Yogi Berra).
Honrsoty

Very good point this is an area I've not got much info on, honestly i just sorted so I have another 1100usd worth of gear coming, got what I listed but now 2x 600hps and mh digital ballast lumeri timers mylar for the walls and so on... Honestly seeds nutes and gear for probably 3 grand in its own room... Can't really say how I aquire this but I've gotten it all in a month i don't pay rent or electricity and I've probably spent about 300 usd myself..

I know that a lot of growers swear by it and their proof is the fact that many plants survive the technique but unless seeds are old or have been stored poorly soaking seeds is not needed and can drown them. Then because they need the instant gratification of seeing the tap root they germinate them in paper towels. If you look at a tap root under 200x magnification you will see the “root hairs” that grow laterally out from the tap root. These become the plant’s uptake roots. They will grow into the fibers of the paper towels and are ripped off every time the seedling is move or the towel is opened – ouch. Then when transplanting it is very easy to bump the tap root tip and damage it or kill the seedling – Why?

It is best to plant right in the pot if using soil.

:vibe:

I know that a lot of growers swear by it and their proof is the fact that many plants survive the technique but unless seeds are old or have been stored poorly soaking seeds is not needed and can drown them. Then because they need the instant gratification of seeing the tap root they germinate them in paper towels. If you look at a tap root under 200x magnification you will see the “root hairs” that grow laterally out from the tap root. These become the plant’s uptake roots. They will grow into the fibers of the paper towels and are ripped off every time the seedling is move or the towel is opened – ouch. Then when transplanting it is very easy to bump the tap root tip and damage it or kill the seedling – Why?

So soak for example my ugro coco disks with recommended water, mixing 0.5 ml voodoo juice into 1l then soaking coco bricks in that, one knuckle deep, then place in secret Jardin tent under 65w cfl, 60-80%humidity around 25c, then when first leaves sprout move the coco brick pot into my 9.7l airpots with gold label light mix and water lightly with same jungle juice water, move to grow room under 600w MH maybe 100cm from plant, at sign of 3rd or 4th node move light down to 65-70cm,? After 7 days start feed micro grow boom at 1ml each ever L of water, water everything when soil is dry 1 knuckle deep, after 1 week jungle juice 0.5 and 1 week jungle juice 1ml/l and micro grow bloom 1/1/1, stop jungle juice, nutes from here on??

So soak for example my ugro coco disks with recommended water, mixing 0.5 ml voodoo juice into 1l then soaking coco bricks in that, one knuckle deep, then place in secret Jardin tent under 65w cfl, 60-80%humidity around 25c, then when first leaves sprout move the coco brick pot into my 9.7l airpots with gold label light mix and water lightly with same jungle juice water, move to grow room under 600w MH maybe 100cm from plant, at sign of 3rd or 4th node move light down to 65-70cm,? After 7 days start feed micro grow boom at 1ml each ever L of water, water everything when soil is dry 1 knuckle deep, after 1 week jungle juice 0.5 and 1 week jungle juice 1ml/l and micro grow bloom 1/1/1, stop jungle juice, nutes from here on??
Sounds like a solid plan. Remember to listen to the plant.

:thumbsup:

Everything you mention, few consider.
When we start growing, even the best of books recommend the paper towel method.
It fascinates me that the commercial world have never corrected this approach.
They have products to sell.
And in the process, our germ rates are increased/ bettered.
Its win win.
The very nature of germination is part of the art & science of cultivation.
Perhaps intimidation divided by hearsay makes people continue with paper towel.
A good Youtube comparison to prove this is what we need.
I've got a shitload of seeds.
The question is ...the methodology
I'm open to suggestions.
Tagging the mad scientist.
@pop22

Everything you mention, few consider.
When we start growing, even the best of books recommend the paper towel method.
It fascinates me that the commercial world have never corrected this approach.
They have products to sell.
And in the process, our germ rates are increased/ bettered.
Its win win.
The very nature of germination is part of the art & science of cultivation.
Perhaps intimidation divided by hearsay makes people continue with paper towel.
A good Youtube comparison to prove this is what we need.
I've got a shitload of seeds.
The question is ...the methodology
I'm open to suggestions.
Tagging the mad scientist.
@pop22
You poke a seed in the dirt and water it. One in a pot or thousands of acres with millions of seeds. Were just stoners with over-active imaginations.
Like a said lots of peeps do it and their plants grow. If it has problems in the future, is it related to this event in the plants early life? I know it is not in mine. That is not to say I don't have germination failures, I do.
Yeah the micro-time-lapse videography is way beyond my capabilities. There are indeed studies of this with other seeds - same difference! I have posted it here somewhere?

Back