Indoor Tent Grow - Advice Needed Please

Having the a/c going will help with your rH... lots of positive/ negatives to weigh.

I've run 1000s. In a basement in a fairly cool state, a/c dedicated to the room... ran 24/7. You'll need two inlines, one to take cool air to the tent, and one thru the light and out.
View attachment 1105121

Just been searching for the cool tube. I have found this one: https://progrow.co.uk/product/cooltube-reflector-150-x-400mm/

Seems cheap and should be able to get ahold of this in couple of weeks. If I have this I wont need an Adjustawings reflector. is that correct? How many degrees (c) do you think a cooltube will lower the tent temps? What temp do you run your AC?

Was planning on only passive intake, but am open to doing intake if i cant control the temps maybe...

One concern I have is running 2 x 6" inlane fans, due to noise issues. I have the 6" TT pro 150 available to me with a cheap fan speed controller.

Looks like its complete with the reflector. Temp will depend on where you vent, if you run it out of the room, it takes a huge (for hps) amount of heat out. The issue usually comes when it's being vented into the room the tent is in. Over a couple hrs it'll make the whole room toasty.

I miss growing under hps, led is better for the girls, but there is something about that warm orange glow coming from under a door...

Looks like its complete with the reflector. Temp will depend on where you vent, if you run it out of the room, it takes a huge (for hps) amount of heat out. The issue usually comes when it's being vented into the room the tent is in. Over a couple hrs it'll make the whole room toasty.

I miss growing under hps, led is better for the girls, but there is something about that warm orange glow coming from under a door...

thank you! I will extract air from tent into an unused and separated bathroom which has an open window and if possible I will leave the digital ballast outside of the grow tent.

Sounds like your set. Pay attention to genetics, your humidity will give you issues with some of the more indica leaning varieties. Strawberry nuggets & 4 assed monkey can have mold issues, as well as blue Toof. Stick with the more 50/50 strains, and read thru their descriptions for possible issues.

Welcome to the world of autos!

Sounds like your set. Pay attention to genetics, your humidity will give you issues with some of the more indica leaning varieties. Strawberry nuggets & 4 assed monkey can have mold issues, as well as blue Toof. Stick with the more 50/50 strains, and read thru their descriptions for possible issues.

Welcome to the world of autos!

Thanks very much! I was advised NCH would be a good choice and already have 7 seeds en route, along with my Biotabs basic range.

I am starting to consider LED instead of HPS and possible options. Unfortunately I am awful at DIY.

However, I may be able to get either a Bestva or King Plus LED model. Both ranging between 1000-3000W, depending on model. Do you or anyone know of these specific models? Would they be recommended? Are they noisy with the inbuilt fan?

Another option i have actually found is Lumileds Luxion Sun Plus Series 320W. Is this a good brand? How many of these would I need to recreate 600-1000W of HPS?

I have heard that the buds do not develop as well with LED (compared to HPS) but with so many people using LED these days I find that hard to believe.

Last edited:
I've grown since BLED... before led.... today's high end leds can compete head to head with cmh, hps, mh... that being said, each seems to bring forth their own turpine profiles in the same strains.

Now were talking COB or quantum boards here. I don't like active cooling led lights. Fans are one more thing to break and cause a major issue. And if designed correctly, fans are not needed.

Most of the cheap lights will have epiled chips, 5w or 10w... they'll take 100 10w chips and call it a 1000w light. That's deceptive marketing as far as I'm concerned, and I move on.

Check out cobshop for single cob units, you can add on as you can afford.

I've grown since BLED... before led.... today's high end leds can compete head to head with cmh, hps, mh... that being said, each seems to bring forth their own turpine profiles in the same strains.

Now were talking COB or quantum boards here. I don't like active cooling led lights. Fans are one more thing to break and cause a major issue. And if designed correctly, fans are not needed.

Most of the cheap lights will have epiled chips, 5w or 10w... they'll take 100 10w chips and call it a 1000w light. That's deceptive marketing as far as I'm concerned, and I move on.

Check out cobshop for single cob units, you can add on as you can afford.

Thanks. You have helped a lot. Hope to repay you with a grow journal soon enough ;)

Seen some good reviews for the Mars Hydro TS series. Decided to opt out of HPS (due to heat issues) and instead go for a Mars TS 3000 inside a 4x4 tent. I would prob prefer the autocobs but logistics are a bit of a nightmare for me. Maybe next time if i upgrade to an 8x4 tent i would get some cobs to run in the other 4x4 to compare.

Hope to have everything started within the next few weeks, once i have got everything i need + had time to properly test my environment in different settings, which i hope wont take more than a week of measuring temps, adjusting aircon, extraction and so on.

Back