SANlight SANlight Q6W test grow

Couple more pics when i done a little training on my last girl my girls are deffo more advanced than under my old led lights and some tight nodes also this has been a experiment aswell as I normally top all my girls and supercrop here and there but I've trained all 4 of these hoping to keep them more compact and not as wild
Screenshot_20190102-164659_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20190102-164647_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20190102-164718_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20190102-164706_Gallery.jpg

Interesting how do these lights compare to say the QB96? Are these Quantum style LEDs? Or is this something I know nothing of?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting how do these lights compare to say the QB96? Are these Quantum style LEDs? Or is this something I know nothing of?

not sure i come from budget led likes of kingbo and viperspectra and i done great with them you seem to have a lot more understanding of different boards diodes etc i don't sadly here is the product page https://www.sanlight.com/ and what makes these so special is they are modular so are upgradable when better diodes come out

not sure i come from budget led likes of kingbo and viperspectra and i done great with them you seem to have a lot more understanding of different boards diodes etc i don't sadly here is the product page https://www.sanlight.com/ and what makes these so special is they are modular so are upgradable when better diodes come out

I went to college for Photonics so light is kinda my thing, but I’m new to QB tech :) I’m abt to check these lights out! Modular is great! I made both my QB96’s modular as well for easy expansion/collapse

I went to college for Photonics so light is kinda my thing, but I’m new to QB tech :) I’m abt to check these lights out! Modular is great! I made both my QB96’s modular as well for easy expansion/collapse

You probably mean the QB96 V2. Difference is just the shape, diodes used (Lumileds vs Osram) and with or without lenses.

Sanlight is rectangle but 96 is pretty much COB shaped. But 96 is SO flexible as the range it can be driven to and from is just jaw dropping. Of course, to max it out, a fan is probably needed but most ppl do fine with heatsink only. Multiple 96s are best to take advantage of cross lighting.

Diodes are tricky. Depends on what you want from them and how you configure them. I lack knowledge in this department. A slightly inferior diode in terms of efficiency can do even better when driven differently so there isnt one brand of diode that reign supremacy imo. An electrical wizard such as Bigsm0 would provide more info imo.

96 comes without lenses. Sanlight does. I actually don't like the lenses cos i deal with enough heat as it is. Other growers may place a higher importance on it.

Hope this helps.

You probably mean the QB96 V2. Difference is just the shape, diodes used (Lumileds vs Osram) and with or without lenses.

Sanlight is rectangle but 96 is pretty much COB shaped. But 96 is SO flexible as the range it can be driven to and from is just jaw dropping. Of course, to max it out, a fan is probably needed but most ppl do fine with heatsink only. Multiple 96s are best to take advantage of cross lighting.

Diodes are tricky. Depends on what you want from them and how you configure them. I lack knowledge in this department. A slightly inferior diode in terms of efficiency can do even better when driven differently so there isnt one brand of diode that reign supremacy imo. An electrical wizard such as Bigsm0 would provide more info imo.

96 comes without lenses. Sanlight does. I actually don't like the lenses cos i deal with enough heat as it is. Other growers may place a higher importance on it.

Hope this helps.
Thanks so much to both of you there's a lotta great knowledge on AFN and I appreciate all your support

Thanks so much to both of you there's a lotta great knowledge on AFN and I appreciate all your support

Hi, my name is EQ and I'm a light addict LOL!

I cannot help myself from commenting on lights. Truth be told, I reply to many posts about lighting but only really press on reply button 1 out of 10 times. The rest of the time, I delete the whole thing. Just felt like I already let some steam out. No need to be higher profile than it is. Safety first due to my conditions.

Hope I get to test some lights too, so all this pent up stuff can be released to create a good test!

Couple more pics when i done a little training on my last girl my girls are deffo more advanced than under my old led lights and some tight nodes also this has been a experiment aswell as I normally top all my girls and supercrop here and there but I've trained all 4 of these hoping to keep them more compact and not as wild View attachment 994821 View attachment 994822 View attachment 994823 View attachment 994824

looking real good @St. Tom :thumbsup:... so how do you think the stretch has been, do you think they have stretched more than under your old burples?

looking real good @St. Tom :thumbsup:... so how do you think the stretch has been, do you think they have stretched more than under your old burples?
not really as i did train them quite a lot to keep them lower as i would normally just top them and say bend or supercrop as needed but with even doing that the blue cheese are growing at least 5cm a dfay but still hoping that may slow down soon but with my other lights they would generally be more out of control so i cant tell but there is more explosive growth with these my white trains a lot more formed flower wise at week 7

i supercropped my back girl today so lets see how long she takes to fully recover within a hr she was pointing up to the light as my ladys love these sanlight rays as you can see with my leaves praying to the sanlight sun gods
Screenshot_20190105-215139_Gallery.jpg
20190105_214545.jpg
Screenshot_20190105-215202_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20190105-215155_Gallery.jpg

Back