Indoor Ryker604's Indoor Extravaganza feat. AutoPots, BioTabs, HID lights and 17 plants

Reaction score
Currently Smoking
DP Glueberry OG Auto, RQS Northern Lights Auto
OK OK All right all right... here we go again! :vibe:
Well, we already went there, but more about that in a bit :smoking:.

So, as some of you know, after my last grow finished, as much as I wanted too I couldn't start another one right away :shrug:. However, time has passed, real life has fallen into place and around NYE I got the chance to grow again :yay:. Considering that the last grow was a success (which gave me a confidence boost :clapper:) and that I had a good deal on some equipment, I decided to make this one a little bigger.

Before I get to the details (as if it wasn't enough already :toke:), it needs to be mentioned that this grow started on the 1st/2nd of January and once again I decided to postpone the journal until things settle into their own pace (which maybe was a mistake in hindsight, real time feedback from the web is a great resource :2cents:).

The setup:
  • 4 tents (4x4) with 600 W MH/HPS combo and ventilation
  • 15 L AutoPots
  • Biotabs line up with some amendments in coco/perlite/worm castings (60/30/10)
  • 17 plants, all autos (16 was the initial plan, but I didn't have the heart to throw away a runt :mrgreen:)
More details:
  • all tents are HomeBox Ambient 1,2 x 1,2 m - very satisfied with them (especially the white interior)
  • 3 tents have a 5" exhaust, one has a 6" - half are Vents, half are PrimaKlima
  • MH bulbs are SunMaster Cool Deluxe 600 W, HPS vary between Philips, Sylvania and Osram (only Osrams are pure red) + one TCL rig for seedlings (2x36 W, 9200 K)
  • whole BioTabs line up (without PK Booster Tea) and the coco is amended with GuanoKalong powder and dolomite lime
Strains:
  • Mephisto Genetics --- Cosmic Queen, Double Grape
  • Sweet Seeds --- Cream Mandarine XL
  • Dutch Passion --- Auto Night Queen
  • Bomb Seeds --- Auto Cherry Bomb
  • unknown --- Buddha's Sister Auto
This is probably way more than enough for an introduction :woody:. The only thing missing before we start with the growing is some guests :jump: !! You know I'm gonna forget half of you, so be free to jump aboard and call your friends :pass:.

@RamboGarden @TheMongol @stoney T @hippy71 @CoviklaFlaire @archie gemmill @Sensi Jay @Only1Sky @Micron Creek @water farm @Seabass @tripaholic88

GERMINATION

Soaked the beans in shooter glasses of tap water and kept them in a propagator on a heating mat. The heating mat was temp. controlled (around 25°C) with a Romberg HortiSwitch (a really nice piece of hardware for germination, has a TEMP and LIGHT socket, both can be adjusted with a timer etc.)

Soaking beans:

HortiSwitch:

After the seeds cracked and showed taproot, they were planted in Eazy Plugs and the propagator lid was closed, temp was 25°C and RH was kept around with regular misting 80-90%.

DAY 1

Some of the babies showed themselves on the 1st of January (happy new year yaaaaay :woohoo::smoking:), but most of them showed on January 2nd, so I'll count that as DAY ONE.
Once most of them showed they were put under the TCL lights (2x36 W, 9200 K) which I now think was too late. Some of the babies that popped earlier stretched out searching for light and I think that could have been prevented by turning on the lights as soon as the first one showed it's head :shrug:.

Around half of the seedling had problems with their "hats" and I helped them out :help:. Would say that Double Grape had the least problems germinating :2cents:.

Here they are, we'll introduce them at day 2:

DAY 2

No big changes really, but have better pictures, so let's introduce the gang :smoking:.

From left to right: Cosmic Queen, Cream Mandarine XL, Double Grape, Night Queen, Cherry Bomb and Buddha's Sister.

As you can see, 17 out of 18 seeds popped (with 1 CM XL being stuck at the moment) which is great :thumbsup:. The conditions are shown on the thermo-hygro meter.

Pheew! Wall of text, eh :smoking:? This is enough for the first post, next update will be soon, happy growing AFN :welcome::nicethread::jointman::coco:.

OK OK All right all right... here we go again! :vibe:
Well, we already went there, but more about that in a bit :smoking:.

So, as some of you know, after my last grow finished, as much as I wanted too I couldn't start another one right away :shrug:. However, time has passed, real life has fallen into place and around NYE I got the chance to grow again :yay:. Considering that the last grow was a success (which gave me a confidence boost :clapper:) and that I had a good deal on some equipment, I decided to make this one a little bigger.

Before I get to the details (as if it wasn't enough already :toke:), it needs to be mentioned that this grow started on the 1st/2nd of January and once again I decided to postpone the journal until things settle into their own pace (which maybe was a mistake in hindsight, real time feedback from the web is a great resource :2cents:).

The setup:
  • 4 tents (4x4) with 600 W MH/HPS combo and ventilation
  • 15 L AutoPots
  • Biotabs line up with some amendments in coco/perlite/worm castings (60/30/10)
  • 17 plants, all autos (16 was the initial plan, but I didn't have the heart to throw away a runt :mrgreen:)
More details:
  • all tents are HomeBox Ambient 1,2 x 1,2 m - very satisfied with them (especially the white interior)
  • 3 tents have a 5" exhaust, one has a 6" - half are Vents, half are PrimaKlima
  • MH bulbs are SunMaster Cool Deluxe 600 W, HPS vary between Philips, Sylvania and Osram (only Osrams are pure red) + one TCL rig for seedlings (2x36 W, 9200 K)
  • whole BioTabs line up (without PK Booster Tea) and the coco is amended with GuanoKalong powder and dolomite lime
Strains:
  • Mephisto Genetics --- Cosmic Queen, Double Grape
  • Sweet Seeds --- Cream Mandarine XL
  • Dutch Passion --- Auto Night Queen
  • Bomb Seeds --- Auto Cherry Bomb
  • unknown --- Buddha's Sister Auto
This is probably way more than enough for an introduction :woody:. The only thing missing before we start with the growing is some guests :jump: !! You know I'm gonna forget half of you, so be free to jump aboard and call your friends :pass:.

@RamboGarden @TheMongol @stoney T @hippy71 @CoviklaFlaire @archie gemmill @Sensi Jay @Only1Sky @Micron Creek @water farm @Seabass @tripaholic88

GERMINATION

Soaked the beans in shooter glasses of tap water and kept them in a propagator on a heating mat. The heating mat was temp. controlled (around 25°C) with a Romberg HortiSwitch (a really nice piece of hardware for germination, has a TEMP and LIGHT socket, both can be adjusted with a timer etc.)

Soaking beans:

HortiSwitch:

After the seeds cracked and showed taproot, they were planted in Eazy Plugs and the propagator lid was closed, temp was 25°C and RH was kept around with regular misting 80-90%.

DAY 1

Some of the babies showed themselves on the 1st of January (happy new year yaaaaay :woohoo::smoking:), but most of them showed on January 2nd, so I'll count that as DAY ONE.
Once most of them showed they were put under the TCL lights (2x36 W, 9200 K) which I now think was too late. Some of the babies that popped earlier stretched out searching for light and I think that could have been prevented by turning on the lights as soon as the first one showed it's head :shrug:.

Around half of the seedling had problems with their "hats" and I helped them out :help:. Would say that Double Grape had the least problems germinating :2cents:.

Here they are, we'll introduce them at day 2:

DAY 2

No big changes really, but have better pictures, so let's introduce the gang :smoking:.

From left to right: Cosmic Queen, Cream Mandarine XL, Double Grape, Night Queen, Cherry Bomb and Buddha's Sister.

As you can see, 17 out of 18 seeds popped (with 1 CM XL being stuck at the moment) which is great :thumbsup:. The conditions are shown on the thermo-hygro meter.

Pheew! Wall of text, eh :smoking:? This is enough for the first post, next update will be soon, happy growing AFN :welcome::nicethread::jointman::coco:.
nice one ryker looks like you have stepped up your game quite a bit you lucky b'#@$t!d cant wait to see how things have been going for you have you always germed in root riot cubes ?
:d5: :pop: :woohoo: :smokeit: :cool1:

Back