Room temperatures for RDWC

If you have a dehumidifier in the room, your temps will go up its how they work. I would suggest that you vent the dehumidifier out of the room. My last grow, in a tent, I had my dehumidifier in the tent and had to deal with 85-90 temps. I cut a hole in the tent, built a box with a 6"vent and installed a 6" 240 cfm booster, which is on the Inkbird humidity controller along with the dehumidifier. Now i don't have a temp issue. Here's some pics

20210310_153933.jpg 20210320_214534.jpg 20210320_214548.jpg 20210320_214611.jpg

I think you are getting caught up in the rabbit hole. I'm running a recirculating water culture in Australia where it's hot and/or humid at the wrong times quite often. I'll use a dehumidifier during flowering, but that often get's the already hot temperatures even hotter. Notwithstanding what someone said earlier about terpenes perhaps being volatile, I have found that high temperatures to not be any impediment at all to growing a healthy plant. I have heard it said that higher water temps will mean less dissolved oxygen but I've never found any problem in that regard either and I do not add any extra aeration other than what normally gets sucked into the substrate. I ran my last batch at around pH 5.8 and the current batch at around 6.2 and again I am finding there to be no difference in health or growth. This is from my own documented experience.

... I would suggest that you vent the dehumidifier out of the room...

That's for an air conditioner, not a dehumidifier, which as the name says, sucks out the moisture and blows the now dry and warmed air back in. If you vent to outside then ambient humidity will just be sucked into the room, what you will in fact be doing is er dehumidifying the entire Earth. Although you won't get very far.

That's for an air conditioner, not a dehumidifier, which as the name says, sucks out the moisture and blows the now dry and warmed air back in. If you vent to outside then ambient humidity will just be sucked into the room, what you will in fact be doing is er dehumidifying the entire Earth. Although you won't get very far.
I believe you just confirmed my statement, "blows the now dry warm air back in". If they are battling high room temps, then a running de-humidifier inside the said room will increase the temp in the room. A de-humidifier is nothing but an air conditioner minus a fan for the evaporator and no insulated divider between the evaporator coil and the condenser coil. Now if you don't have a problem running high temps, a dehumidifier in the room will be great. Along with it lowering humidity from the air via the Evap coil, the higher temps will lower the humidity level aswell.

@Diamond Dog Hair All I'm saying is that one does not vent a dehumidifier to the environment because that is not how they work. If you think you need to vent to the outside then it's an air conditioner and not a dehumidifier that is required.

For example let's assume your room is 80%RH and outside is 99%RH because it's a rainy day. But your temperature in your room is 30C. The outside is always assumed to be more humid that in your room because if it wasn't then you'd just open your door to let the dryer air in. Now you're saying that you have to vent the dehumidifier to the outside because it will raise the temperature. It is true that it will raise the temperature a little bit but that doesn't mean you vent to the outside because while that won't raise the temperature what it will do is raise the humidity which is the opposite of what you are wanting to do. As you blow the warm dry air out the window, 99%RH air from the outside will be sucked in to replace it.

TL ; DR, Dehumidifiers are not meant to be vented to the outside.

Dehumidifiers aren't meant to be vented to the outside and peanut butter wasn't meant for jelly , but it works.:cools:

Dehumidifiers aren't meant to be vented to the outside and peanut butter wasn't meant for jelly , but it works.:cools:

What works? Venting a dehumidifier to outside the room it is in will raise the humidity of the room it is supposed to be dehumidifying. Don't you see that?

This is a normal airflow diagram. The dehumidifier is in the tent recirculating the air through cooling coils to condense the water out. The warmer dry air remains in the tent. The tent exhaust is vented out of the tent to the lung room or directly outdoors. Cooler air that is ambient to the lung room is drawn into the tent.If the lung room is sealed up you will run out of Co²; eventually the lung room would get too hot.

The dehumidifier can also be located in the lung room drying the air before entering the tent. In this scenario the tent must be vented to the out doors.

This will dry the air in the tent.
dehumidifier.png

This will dry the air in the tent.

dehumidifier3.png

This will not dry the air in the tent.

dehumidifier2.png

Back