Lighting Roleadro 400w conversion

BUT we don't know what voltage those drivers are really putting out, unless you test with a volt meter.

CREE CXB3590 3500K 72V
Ok so from the data sheet I read it shows that the 72v cree runs best at 1200mA and to my under standing the factory Roleardo drivers if you use all four (two each) would be perfect for the 72v Crees. Would it be worth the $44 each to use these Cree or would the 1212 be as good for a lot less?

And a citi 1212 is within 5% of the output of the Cree! about the same efficiency too. Cree isn't king of the hill any longer, and the newest gen is still only about equal with an 1812!
BUT we don't know what voltage those drivers are really putting out, unless you test with a volt meter.

CREE CXB3590 3500K 72V
Ok so from the data sheet I read it shows that the 72v cree runs best at 1200mA and to my under standing the factory Roleardo drivers if you use all four (two each) would be perfect for the 72v Crees. Would it be worth the $44 each to use these Cree or would the 1212 be as good for a lot less?
The drivers are only rated for 36v so I would stick with 36v cobs instead of putting two together. The 3590's are 36v as well and could be used. Any cob or light for that is more efficient at lower amperages.

The drivers are only rated for 36v so I would stick with 36v cobs instead of putting two together. The 3590's are 36v as well and could be used. Any cob or light for that is more efficient at lower amperages.
Yea the more I've read the more I've come to that conclusion and I'm starting to understand efficiency and efficacy more and like @pop22 said we don't know how not good those drivers really are haha or what they really put out so using only two rather than four seems logical then at least a guy would have a few spares.

Thanks a lot for all the good info and live feedback fellas! I can only do so much reading and research until my brain stars to hurt. You guys make it a little easier to grasp
:thanks::thumbsup::smoking:

Yea the more I've read the more I've come to that conclusion and I'm starting to understand efficiency and efficacy more and like @pop22 said we don't know how not good those drivers really are haha or what they really put out so using only two rather than four seems logical then at least a guy would have a few spares.

I think the Citizen 1212 is the perfect choice here. To me the point of these lights is they are cheap and will get you a solid yield for one grow on the cheap. Then you can upgrade them as more funds become available.

Let's also not forget that they come with a 2 year warranty that (according to the reviews) the manufacturer has been above and beyond in honoring. If a driver fails you tell Roleadro and they send another one. By the time you run the light into the ground it's produced lots and lots of fine ass canna. Pretty great ROI if you ask me.

When I get a chance to dig into this I will throw the fluke 115 on it and see what they are really kicking out for voltage.

I think the Citizen 1212 is the perfect choice here. To me the point of these lights is they are cheap and will get you a solid yield for one grow on the cheap. Then you can upgrade them as more funds become available.

Let's also not forget that they come with a 2 year warranty that (according to the reviews) the manufacturer has been above and beyond in honoring. If a driver fails you tell Roleadro and they send another one. By the time you run the light into the ground it's produced lots and lots of fine ass canna. Pretty great ROI if you ask me.
Nicely put mate! I am in agreement the 1212s seem good for the low budget/new grower which I am a total newb growing indoors and with all the lighting stuff! I'm so used to relying on the almighty sun! :cools:Seems like an easy enough conversion and definitely cheap and better than the factory setup it's good to know Roleadro holds up their warranty that's commendable! @pop22, @BigSm0 would you recommend the solderless holders or just soldering myself? I'm pretty mechanically inclined and build hobby drones I know my way around small electronics and soldering irons just not sure what would be easier and more reliable in this situation?

Last edited:
Back