Status
Not open for further replies.
I am stoked. I proved it in less than 6 months. When I started this growing venture, I promptly threw away the bubblestones I was handed down, and bough a Bubble Mac Hydroponic Hoss. It was pricey, it's made of expanded silica, it's white. It makes 3 micron tiny bubbles that are double the surface area of blue and green stones.

It has now clogged every 3 months, but unlike the cheap stones, you can fully clean it with muriatic acid, or pH down soak followed by a bleach soak. It has a lifetime warranty, and I have now saved enough to pay for it.
What would happen if you cleaned a normal airstone ( grey ) the way your suggesting would it destroy them ???

What would happen if you cleaned a normal airstone ( grey ) the way your suggesting would it destroy them ???

Many have tried, after cleaning them once they start getting brittle. I might soak them in hydrogen peroxide instead, but they still will degrade much faster due to the structure of the minerals. The silica ones last forever and do not react.

They are basically like a pyrex bowl with tiny holes.

Mornin everyone! Who needs a DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAB?
Somebody say DABS?
old_school.jpg
:rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back