Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey man! Hows it going? :d5:
Everything is awesome here! I had the best smoothie today, I used blueberries which aren't nearly as sweet as other fruit I was using but a little stevia really made it amazing. How have you been?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Fortunately a quick Google search told me not to eat these fiddleheads on our camping trip this weekend. And the boys hit the jackpot lol.
dcc6e1fe54f6af65513823fdb294f59b.jpg
234e78f4ab2efa71599a592fa27c6c1a.jpg

Everything is awesome here! I had the best smoothie today, I used blueberries which aren't nearly as sweet as other fruit I was using but a little stevia really made it amazing. How have you been?
So....here is my theory on blueberries in the smoothie (I had one that just about turned my face inside out! :rofl:).....The ration of fruit to skin is not ideal for something like a smoothie. Fruit skin is bitter in order to discourage getting fed upon....the good stuff is obviously on the inside. Its not to bad when you're eating blueberries one at a time or whatever....but when added to a bevy of vegetables, some bitter in their own right, it throws things off. I tried adding more blueberries (just made the problem worse) and honey (worked well, but I wasn't cool with added sugar). Stevia, like you said works best in the end.

I've been good....I spent my weekend half outside, and the other half in front of the computer trying to decide which direction I'm going to head in as far as my grow, nutrients, soil, etc. I think I read the entire internet! :rofl:

So....here is my theory on blueberries in the smoothie (I had one that just about turned my face inside out! :rofl:).....The ration of fruit to skin is not ideal for something like a smoothie. Fruit skin is bitter in order to discourage getting fed upon....the good stuff is obviously on the inside. Its not to bad when you're eating blueberries one at a time or whatever....but when added to a bevy of vegetables, some bitter in their own right, it throws things off. I tried adding more blueberries (just made the problem worse) and honey (worked well, but I wasn't cool with added sugar). Stevia, like you said works best in the end.

I've been good....I spent my weekend half outside, and the other half in front of the computer trying to decide which direction I'm going to head in as far as my grow, nutrients, soil, etc. I think I read the entire internet! :rofl:
Lol sucked in to the Internet time warp. I know what nutes I'll be using, all the free ones I got lol.

@trailanimal bubba cheese is looking better by the day. Been taking off ugly leaves here and there. Gonna steal some pipe cleaners from the kids craft bin and try to spread her out a little.
aef2b0cd8f5c0a493e28b208357b7b1b.jpg

man she is leafy, what size pot? Very different look from the fems I've grown, they had a more open habit and the leaves were much narrower, light easily penetrated whole plant, very interesting.

Lol sucked in to the Internet time warp. I know what nutes I'll be using, all the free ones I got lol.
I'm heading in the direction of a water only, all organic soil kinda deal. I'm trying to have plants in three different stages in one tent (12 in all) and don't want to have to worry about feeding wrong nute strengths to the wrong plants....I've already done it once. Water only is the way forward for me, I think.

man she is leafy, what size pot? Very different look from the fems I've grown, they had a more open habit and the leaves were much narrower, light easily penetrated whole plant, very interesting.
It's a 3gal fabric pot. She has had huge fat leaves right from the beginning. Very indica looking I guess?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back