Status
Not open for further replies.
should try a hempy hybrid lol. jk. but thanks for the info brotha. is it light weight like perlite?

Hempy hybrid? Whatchoo talkin' 'bout, Ashton? And yeah, it's pretty light. I'm using the Mix This! size, so it's comparable to coarser perlite. Might be a bit heavier, but the fact that it doesn't crush and turn to dust and is reusable are both selling points for me. I was planning on cleaning and reusing the mix I have going now, but the more I think about it the less I actually want to spend the time fucking around getting it cleaned. I have a feeling the growstone will be a lot easier.

Hempy hybrid? Whatchoo talkin' 'bout, Ashton? And yeah, it's pretty light. I'm using the Mix This! size, so it's comparable to coarser perlite. Might be a bit heavier, but the fact that it doesn't crush and turn to dust and is reusable are both selling points for me. I was planning on cleaning and reusing the mix I have going now, but the more I think about it the less I actually want to spend the time fucking around getting it cleaned. I have a feeling the growstone will be a lot easier.
well ill link you lol. the hybrid hempy is my new creation. using soil. and now since roots blew out the tap holes i added a bigger reservoir and air pumps. now its just thriving.
check it out. follow along.
https://www.autoflower.org/threads/the-hybrid-hempy-bucket-trial-run.58916/

well ill link you lol. the hybrid hempy is my new creation. using soil. and now since roots blew out the tap holes i added a bigger reservoir and air pumps. now its just thriving.
check it out. follow along.
https://www.autoflower.org/threads/the-hybrid-hempy-bucket-trial-run.58916/

Ah, right on. I remember seeing a mention of that recently. Not into soil, myself but not a bad concept! I might add some air to the rez in my hempys down the line too. Still on my first grow though, so I'm still just trying to get to know the technique.

Ah, right on. I remember seeing a mention of that recently. Not into soil, myself but not a bad concept! I might add some air to the rez in my hempys down the line too. Still on my first grow though, so I'm still just trying to get to know the technique.
the soil has 2 purposes in this design. well 2 major ones. the first is i like to germ in soil and not have to feed my seedlings til they are ready to get to vegging.
and 2nd i think the soil is a good place for the roots to mass up and then start tapping down. i think it spreads them out more and creates more roots. and does not require much sil at all. only about a 6 inch layer in a 5 gallon bucket.
but this is only my 2nd grow. and just the 1st time trying this. but she is already a monster. ill make a few modifications and run it again .
and i put an air tube right into a tap hole . plant loved it.
also try an external reservoir.

the soil has 2 purposes in this design. well 2 major ones. the first is i like to germ in soil and not have to feed my seedlings til they are ready to get to vegging.
and 2nd i think the soil is a good place for the roots to mass up and then start tapping down. i think it spreads them out more and creates more roots. and does not require much sil at all. only about a 6 inch layer in a 5 gallon bucket.
but this is only my 2nd grow. and just the 1st time trying this. but she is already a monster. ill make a few modifications and run it again .
and i put an air tube right into a tap hole . plant loved it.
also try an external reservoir.

Oh, I can definitely see the merits. I just had some bad experiences with soil, so I don't mess with it anymore. Glad it's working out for ya!

Some lilac being weighed down by a late spring snow, just 'cause they're purty to look at. :jointman:

IMG_3808.JPG
IMG_3809.JPG

Oh, I can definitely see the merits. I just had some bad experiences with soil, so I don't mess with it anymore. Glad it's working out for ya!
Gnats. As it's getting warmer I'm seeing them inside. Not in tent. But. That's an issue. And expensive to buy good soil. Water is cheaper than soil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back