Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm closer to the Cumberland River, (approx 30 miles), Tennessee River, (60 miles), but I do my best cat fishing on the Green River, (40 miles). Come to think of it, I'm kind of surrounded by rivers, but none as big as the Ohio. I believe the Ohio is larger than the Mississippi where they merge. At least it looked that way too me! I guess it depends on rainfall upstream. BTW Pass it around .... :smokeout:

Fish on!! Oh speaking of which i came across a pic of our small cats up here in the north
DSCF1116.jpg

Fish on!! Oh speaking of which i came across a pic of our small cats up here in the north
View attachment 740311
I would kid you and say that was a minnow compared to the fish I catch, but that's another, (lying), fish story. That is one nice fish @912GreenSkell and I sure wouldn't throw it back for being too small, lol

So do you grill your catfish?
Battered deep fried for cats

I would kid you and say that was a minnow compared to the fish I catch, but that's another, (lying), fish story. That is one nice fish @912GreenSkell and I sure wouldn't throw it back for being too small, lol

Haha :D Yeah cats dont generally get super huge around here, not like the south US. We have a trophy fishery for muskie, pike and walleye though. We are on the northern edge of cats...drive 4 hours north and cats and largemouth are virtually non-existent.

Battered deep fried for cats

Haha :D Yeah cats dont generally get super huge around here, not like the south US. We have a trophy fishery for muskie, pike and walleye though

i fished the UP of Michigan as a kid and I love those walleye and pike. Funny thing, I was so young I thought the bait chubs were damm near big enough to keep, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back