Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey yall - anybody on tonight have any experience breeding?

Here's what I did: I took a Fast Buds Green Crack, and I forced it to go male, and used that to pollinate a FastBuds C4-matic, Gorilla Glue, California Snow, and another Green Crack.

The best plant from that was teh Green Crack x Gorilla Glue (I call it Kong).

I then took a Green Crack x Gorilla Glue, and forced IT to go male, and used that to pollinate a Green Crack, a C4 x Green Crack, and a Cali Sno x Green Crack, and of course, another 'kong'.

NOW - from my reading, I expect the Green Crack x (Green Crack x Gorilla Glue) should be pretty stable, and the F2 Kongs will be pretty stable, with about 1/4 resembling the less dominant parent (which is fine, both parents are great plants)

...BUT I'm curious, can I expect a relatively stable cross from the Kong x (C4 x GC) or teh Kong x (Cali Sno x GC)? In theory, they should come out 50% Green Crack, 25% Gorilla Glue, 25% other strain, right?
I've read that f2s can be all over the place phenotypically speaking. I think best thing to do is get two phenos from f2 that you feel strongly about and breed those. Go from there. That's my understanding. I could be wrong. Best of luck to you.

Hey yall - anybody on tonight have any experience breeding?

Here's what I did: I took a Fast Buds Green Crack, and I forced it to go male, and used that to pollinate a FastBuds C4-matic, Gorilla Glue, California Snow, and another Green Crack.

The best plant from that was teh Green Crack x Gorilla Glue (I call it Kong).

I then took a Green Crack x Gorilla Glue, and forced IT to go male, and used that to pollinate a Green Crack, a C4 x Green Crack, and a Cali Sno x Green Crack, and of course, another 'kong'.

NOW - from my reading, I expect the Green Crack x (Green Crack x Gorilla Glue) should be pretty stable, and the F2 Kongs will be pretty stable, with about 1/4 resembling the less dominant parent (which is fine, both parents are great plants)

...BUT I'm curious, can I expect a relatively stable cross from the Kong x (C4 x GC) or teh Kong x (Cali Sno x GC)? In theory, they should come out 50% Green Crack, 25% Gorilla Glue, 25% other strain, right?

Have you done a Mendel table with them yet. That will give u the info u need for the most part

Here's a cotton candy I did last year. Delicious seeds, photoperiod. Good smoke right there. Check it out sometime.

Attachments

• IMG_20170530_224054.jpg
    IMG_20170530_224054.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 41
I've read that f2s can be all over the place phenotypically speaking. I think best thing to do is get two phenos from f2 that you feel strongly about and breed those. Go from there. That's my understanding. I could be wrong. Best of luck to you.
Following up on that I believe the f3s may show alot of recessive traits.

67 grams of...... Trim.
Breaking down colas to weigh n jar now

Yeah, see - that's kinda the thing that confuses me. I understand that F2 tend to be more genetically diverse, and F3 tend to show a lot of recessive traits - and I don't worry TOO much about that, because the plants that were used to produce the F1 generation were top notch on both sides - BUT - is an F1 crossed with a DIFFERENT F1 - eg (Green Crack x Gorilla Glue) x (Green Crack x California Sno) going to be an F2, or is it more closely going to resemble a 'cubed' strain cross, which tends to be very stable?

I guess I'll know for sure in 10-12 weeks! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back