Status
Not open for further replies.
Drum roll please. .

Sky stomper. 152 grams dried and trimmed.
1496201149568804165174.jpg

Hey yall - anybody on tonight have any experience breeding?

Here's what I did: I took a Fast Buds Green Crack, and I forced it to go male, and used that to pollinate a FastBuds C4-matic, Gorilla Glue, California Snow, and another Green Crack.

The best plant from that was teh Green Crack x Gorilla Glue (I call it Kong).

I then took a Green Crack x Gorilla Glue, and forced IT to go male, and used that to pollinate a Green Crack, a C4 x Green Crack, and a Cali Sno x Green Crack, and of course, another 'kong'.

NOW - from my reading, I expect the Green Crack x (Green Crack x Gorilla Glue) should be pretty stable, and the F2 Kongs will be pretty stable, with about 1/4 resembling the less dominant parent (which is fine, both parents are great plants)

...BUT I'm curious, can I expect a relatively stable cross from the Kong x (C4 x GC) or teh Kong x (Cali Sno x GC)? In theory, they should come out 50% Green Crack, 25% Gorilla Glue, 25% other strain, right?
Let's get down to the basics. Seems like you have a shit ton of S1 seeds being made here. Some crosses as well as a true self with the green crack.

What did you do to reverse the plants? What stage were they in?

Also here is the kicker if these are all new crosses even the selffing plants are going to be all over the place. I'm guessing that most of the seed stock came from a seed bank so you have no idea of the stability. we're seeing seed banks release F1 and F2 stock as variety is the spice of life. There is a reason for that. First gen anything is a genetic swimming pool. Here is the thing even if you use female pollen or selffing on any plant your going to see variation. Especially at first crossing

Drum roll please. .

Sky stomper. 152 grams dried and trimmed.
View attachment 757229

Hey can u post a pic of that whole plant just before chop? Or a link so I can look mahself. And do you know her dimensions off hand. Lots of questions I know lol I am just trying to start to get some kind of yield est for my first harvest

Yeah, see - that's kinda the thing that confuses me. I understand that F2 tend to be more genetically diverse, and F3 tend to show a lot of recessive traits - and I don't worry TOO much about that, because the plants that were used to produce the F1 generation were top notch on both sides - BUT - is an F1 crossed with a DIFFERENT F1 - eg (Green Crack x Gorilla Glue) x (Green Crack x California Sno) going to be an F2, or is it more closely going to resemble a 'cubed' strain cross, which tends to be very stable?

I guess I'll know for sure in 10-12 weeks! :)
Technically it's an F1, however the territory your playing in is almost backcrossing. Which is something I recommend.

You don't have any true males do you ?

Seems with all the reversing that your working with fem beans. Which explains the genetics you selected as well as why your trying to reverse and cross to genetically the same plant.

Honestly what I would do is get your hands on some reg beans and work them. All this selffing and such is only going to get you deep in a rabbit hole.

What I would do is locate an auto that is almost homogeneous Or close to it with the traits you want and then roll it into a photo and work it back to auto. You're complicating the process trying to self and collect female pollen and work with only fem beans if that's the case. I guess I'm not sure why green crack was used in so many base crosses and then wanting to use a resultant cross to cross again. That's why I think your working with fem beans.

Last edited:
Hey can u post a pic of that whole plant just before chop? Or a link so I can look mahself. And do you know her dimensions off hand. Lots of questions I know lol I am just trying to start to get some kind of yield est for my first harvest
She was tied all down and I'll tag u in her log real fast. She is one of my 4 soil girls. Roughly 40x37 ish.

Hey all, sorry haven't been around much. Work and life, sometimes one in the same unfortunately.

Also, really nice @Ash-a-Ton brother, excellent to see all those jars. I'll catch up with your grow some more in a bit! :smoking:

Anyways, finally got around to posting another update. Tent is doing well (not perfect) but alive is a huge + for me!

Check it out here if ya want (also in my sig), if not that's cool too. Just don't feed the 'lil creatures after midnight, ya dig?

Alright peace, one love!

:smokeit:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back