Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks bro!!! I've got a bunch of portal stuff that should be here any day, if you want to try any of those (won't know what I'll have, until it gets here). :d5:
I got more seeds than I could ever grow.. unless I rototill my whole back yard and grow fields for a couple years

Ozone! What kind of nutes need to be used with autopots and blumat, Hydro nutes?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I'm not necessarily the best source of info for that. I've only run straight water through mine and use a TLO soil and compost tea supplementing by hand to provide the nute.

I believe @pop22 uses Autopots so might be able to chime in with his thought on nutes for that system.

That being said, I'd say any kind would likely work but you would want to figure on something that's the least likely to clog up the lines. So I'd personally stick with liquids and avoid the granular stuff unless you're really, REALLY sure it's going to fully dissolve. Hydro nutes may be better suited as they are likely already engineered to not clog stuff up. I think there's also additives on the hydro side specially for preventing line clogs, but couldn't swear to it.

I'm not necessarily the best source of info for that. I've only run straight water through mine and use a TLO soil and compost tea supplementing by hand to provide the nute.

I believe @pop22 uses Autopots so might be able to chime in with his thought on nutes for that system.

That being said, I'd say any kind would likely work but you would want to figure on something that's the least likely to clog up the lines. So I'd personally stick with liquids and avoid the granular stuff unless you're really, REALLY sure it's going to fully dissolve. Hydro nutes may be better suited as they are likely already engineered to not clog stuff up. I think there's also additives on the hydro side specially for preventing line clogs, but couldn't swear to it.
I'm just worried because the Hydro shop guy told me that once I mix my nutes they are only good for like 24 hours. And I have left a half full jug of mixed nutes out by accident and it looks to get sludgy. I'm just trying to get it all sorted out before I jump in. I am leaning towards the autopots.

My biggest challenge is making a choice..I been growing Fastbuds cuz I won all those seeds and wanted to let FB know they weren't being wasted..
I like FB stuff...and they're a great company! I'm looking forward to trying the portal stuff, and I need to order some mephisto....I'm just waiting until they get their lineup re-stocked. So many different options! I try to always grow different stuff....once I build up a tolerance to a particular strain, the pain relieving qualities start to diminish for me.

I'm just worried because the Hydro shop guy told me that once I mix my nutes they are only good for like 24 hours. And I have left a half full jug of mixed nutes out by accident and it looks to get sludgy. I'm just trying to get it all sorted out before I jump in. I am leaning towards the autopots.

That sounds a little odd to me. Most of the guys I've followed growing hydro change out their res like once a week and just top off, frequently with just water, between swaps. Nutes not being viable after 24 hours would result in some huuuuunnnnngry plants, I would think. :yoinks:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back