New Grower Red Strawberry Banana

After a closer look they are actually same colour as mine. i started feeding them at day 10 ish but they are in rich soil so yeah still have acces to everything without actual feeding them. the only good side is i have literally only few stems like that while the rest is looking good so i can act early. never tested ph too, to be honest lol. this genetics turn purple though which got me confused already but better to be cautious than sorry. thanks!

i feel like they grow twice it’s size over the night! Jheez that’s crazy :D some of the stems are going purple already so hopefully my buds gonna be purple too. rubbing my fingers on leaves, it smells more like citrusy/orange than umm well strawberry banana but we will see what it’s like when it’s harvested. for now i’m amazed with the results. but i’m almost sure at this point i’d have to move one plant outside. what if they have limited space like that, do they sort of start dying or be underdeveloped? thanks!
when they are starved for space they grow up, and up, and up, till there is no more space. they get light starved and the buds don’t fatten up as much. They don’t die, but they don’t produce as much because they aren’t getting enough light.

After a closer look they are actually same colour as mine. i started feeding them at day 10 ish but they are in rich soil so yeah still have acces to everything without actual feeding them. the only good side is i have literally only few stems like that while the rest is looking good so i can act early. never tested ph too, to be honest lol. this genetics turn purple though which got me confused already but better to be cautious than sorry. thanks!
Yeah, generally purple genetics don't start with the stem AFAIK, the four photos I did in my first run were all Purple Punch crosses and none of them showed any purple at all until they started fading. Even with strains like Blackstrap that are *really* purple I think (not 100% sure yet as I haven't grown mine) that the purple mostly starts at the budsites and then spreads from there.

when they are starved for space they grow up, and up, and up, till there is no more space. they get light starved and the buds don’t fatten up as much. They don’t die, but they don’t produce as much because they aren’t getting enough light.
This really depends though, if you're training them pretty hard (even just through LST) you can keep the canopy fairly even and give them all enough space. If you just let them rip thats a different story, especially if you're dealing with strains that are advertised to get big, or if your mixing strains that differ greatly in height.

As it is right now, I think your girls look uniform enough in growth structure and height that you should be able to keep your canopy even and give them enough space to do their thing, as long as you keep on top of training them down.

I’ve separated every branch from each other so they have more space now. Hopefully they only grow taller now than wide wise. Sweet seeds website say this one reach 80-90cm in height so considering the size of filter fan and lamp, i should have enough vertical space.

i just got some magic mixture from my caribbean bro, it’s made of bananas and oranges peels. it’s made specifically for flowering stage, did any of you hear about that? very rich in potassium but i’m not sure how would i use it together with bio canna nutrients set i got.

Attachments

• B30B331C-492D-4C76-A8FD-A3B40827748C.jpeg
    B30B331C-492D-4C76-A8FD-A3B40827748C.jpeg
    5.7 MB · Views: 26
Looking good though. As long as you keep up with training I think you should be ok, though it may be tight. I had 4 similar sized (listed at about 100cm by breeders) auto girls who finished out in my 2x2. You may have to do some defoliating later on in flower to keep your airflow open, but I think you should be ok.

Would be awesome to hear something about it :D
Honestly i was eager to do defoliation earlier on but i knew it’s gonna harm the girls so will be happy to do it in near future. It just takes so much space lol
You could always start taking a couple leaves from each plant every day or every few days now to sort of ease into it, anything on the inside that is overlapping and causing condensation between leaves. As they get bigger and transpire more it will help keep your humidity levels in check since they put off quite a bit of moisture through their leaves.

Back