New Grower Red Strawberry Banana

Really anything past like 50% amber is going to be more sedative than high in effect. And tbh, even if he does end up having to harvest while you're gone its really just a matter of having him cut them down and hang them up somewhere dark and cool. If people are running them for 15 weeks I don't see it being too much of an issue though, considering you're only at day 63, so only 9 weeks. If you'll be back at the new year that's really only a few weeks away now.
That calms me down ngl! I’ll sort it out, thanks!

That calms me down ngl! I’ll sort it out, thanks!
Personally I aim for like 20-30% amber for a "relax in the evening" high, and like 40%ish for a "knock my ass out" high lol. You've also gotta figure, the stuff at the top is gonna mature faster than the bottoms, so you should get a decent mix across each plant.

Personally I aim for like 20-30% amber for a "relax in the evening" high, and like 40%ish for a "knock my ass out" high lol. You've also gotta figure, the stuff at the top is gonna mature faster than the bottoms, so you should get a decent mix across each plant.
That’s why i wanted to harvest it myself because i could chop the buds that are already done and leave the lower ones for some more time, but what you saying actually makes a lot of sense as the buds would be just mixed with trichomes at different stages. So if my friend will harvest, it would be wise to cut when top buds have ~30/40% ambers so lower buds might hopefully be full on cloudy, i guess so at least.

That’s why i wanted to harvest it myself because i could chop the buds that are already done and leave the lower ones for some more time, but what you saying actually makes a lot of sense as the buds would be just mixed with trichomes at different stages. So if my friend will harvest, it would be wise to cut when top buds have ~30/40% ambers so lower buds might hopefully be full on cloudy, i guess so at least.
I'd aim for like 30%, which would give you a good mix I think. Tbh though, I think they probably won't be there till you're back. Waiting for trichs to mature took a lot longer than I was expecting the first time around, and I still ended up harvesting earlier than I should have.

I'd aim for like 30%, which would give you a good mix I think. Tbh though, I think they probably won't be there till you're back. Waiting for trichs to mature took a lot longer than I was expecting the first time around, and I still ended up harvesting earlier than I should have.
There’s too much panicking from me propably :D i’ll just relax and tell my friend to look for the trichomes, what can go wrong :smoking:

There’s too much panicking from me propably :D i’ll just relax and tell my friend to look for the trichomes, what can go wrong :smoking:
As long as you've got a cool spot (like <70*) ready for him to hang them just in case he does end up having to chop you should be golden.

Personally ide wait until the plant is close to dead because i like the sedative effect.. otherwise if you trust that friend and dont want a braindead high like i do, harvest earlier....

"do what thou wilt" :eyebrows:

one plant develops visible foxtails, im not much of a fan of that, but as i read it doesn’t change anything with bud strength flavour and smell so that should be alright. i’m actually thinking that this specific genetics has foxtailing trait, at least a bit of it. but that could be due to the heat or small light distance, i fixed both already anyways. What’s funny, the plant that was always the smallest and weakest, and i even thought of removing it due to lack of space(which i fortunately sorted) turns out to have biggest colas and propably will be the best quality :D expect unexpected huh? lmao

Attachments

• AF0B1B77-FAD4-4EB0-87C5-00D0B41B6045.jpeg
    AF0B1B77-FAD4-4EB0-87C5-00D0B41B6045.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 27
  • DFEFF546-5190-47CD-A4A5-7BF88F9C7C00.jpeg
    DFEFF546-5190-47CD-A4A5-7BF88F9C7C00.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 25
  • 70A7B4F4-C869-4296-9209-ED165A81D422.jpeg
    70A7B4F4-C869-4296-9209-ED165A81D422.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 26
  • 248737EE-99E1-43F4-813D-12EDE6989629.jpeg
    248737EE-99E1-43F4-813D-12EDE6989629.jpeg
    5.2 MB · Views: 21
one plant develops visible foxtails, im not much of a fan of that, but as i read it doesn’t change anything with bud strength flavour and smell so that should be alright. i’m actually thinking that this specific genetics has foxtailing trait, at least a bit of it. but that could be due to the heat or small light distance, i fixed both already anyways. What’s funny, the plant that was always the smallest and weakest, and i even thought of removing it due to lack of space(which i fortunately sorted) turns out to have biggest colas and propably will be the best quality :D expect unexpected huh? lmao
Heat and too much light will definitely play in to the foxtailing, but like you said it really doesn't change much. You will find that the trichs on the foxtail buds will not be as mature as the rest of the buds, so disregard them when you're checking for doneness.

todays last day i see my girls this year, gave them one last feed with bio boost. top buds trichomes are like 50% clear, 50% milky so far. i took some leaves off, told the girls a story or two(lol) and will definetely miss them haha. btw the buds are so sticky that i touched them really gently and now my fingers are worse than having superglue between the palms. i take is as a good sign. happy holiday everyone!

Attachments

• 2C0A46E7-840B-46FA-BAB9-CE592897776F.jpeg
    2C0A46E7-840B-46FA-BAB9-CE592897776F.jpeg
    4.8 MB · Views: 25
  • 4A975A5D-855B-45DA-AC2E-92A6078E0D3E.jpeg
    4A975A5D-855B-45DA-AC2E-92A6078E0D3E.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 27
  • 79AB02CC-EEB6-4A03-AD77-E18A49CA8F0C.jpeg
    79AB02CC-EEB6-4A03-AD77-E18A49CA8F0C.jpeg
    5.6 MB · Views: 29
Back