New Grower Red Strawberry Banana

if youre going away in a week youll need to harvest very very soon. youve got to allow for drying and jar burping time.. not being able to monitor during early jarring/burping/curing will be an issue, unless you can take it all with you. hope it works out. gl
I have trusted friend who can water them, check trichomes etc while i’m away but i’m not sure if i’ll let him do the harvesting though. Now what i’m thinking, either harvest before i go and prepare for the drying curing process for my friend, or tell him to water only and be very positive they can hold on until i’m back. That would be 18 more days after i go. I’ve seen some people growing this strain up to even 15 weeks but every grow is different obviously. for now, most trichomes are still clear. Day 63 today

I have trusted friend who can water them, check trichomes etc while i’m away but i’m not sure if i’ll let him do the harvesting though. Now what i’m thinking, either harvest before i go and prepare for the drying curing process for my friend, or tell him to water only and be very positive they can hold on until i’m back. That would be 18 more days after i go. I’ve seen some people growing this strain up to even 15 weeks but every grow is different obviously. for now, most trichomes are still clear. Day 63 today
Imo you're ok to wait, I'd rather harvest a little past optimum than too soon.

Imo you're ok to wait, I'd rather harvest a little past optimum than too soon.
Does the plants harvested later in their life than usual mean they’d be much stronger when smoked? Like you know getting sucked in by a couch and trying to get up to go toilet for an hour already? If so, that’s the sacrifice i’m willing to make and harvest later lmao

Does the plants harvested later in their life than usual mean they’d be much stronger when smoked? Like you know getting sucked in by a couch and trying to get up to go toilet for an hour already? If so, that’s the sacrifice i’m willing to make and harvest later lmao
Lol. Ok so technically cloudy trichomes are the "strongest" as in they have the highest levels of THC. That couch lock sleepy feeling you're talking about comes from CBN, which is the cannabanoid that THC converts to as it is oxidized (turning the trichs from cloudy to amber, like when you cut an apple and it starts turning brown on the cut edges if you don't eat it right away). CBN is not psychoactive, so the ambers won't increase your head high, but they play a big part in that classic indica body high feeling. Clear trichs don't really do anything at all, so you want as little clear as possible. Also worth noting, since you've got red/purples going on in your buds, some trichs will turn that color as the bud matures, so those can be counted as ambers.

This plant I want to use as daytime meds, its a sativa and I'm looking for that energizing motivating sort of high. She is pretty much where I want her to be for that use, mostly cloudy with minimal clear and only a hint of amber on the sugar leaves.
20211213_151105.jpg
20211213_214803.png

This one is a great sleepy time med, you can see how much more amber is on her.
20211106_021905.jpg
20211105_004133-1.jpg
20211105_004218-1.jpg

@Suki813 i couldn’t ask for any better explanation :D thanks! i’m usually only smoking in the evenings so i don’t mind some extra ambers but i didn’t know they no longer be psychoactive and that it’s not THC. That’s interesting, i wonder if it’s possible to extract CBN from flowers and get only couch licking high but have no traces of THC in the systems whatsoever lol. I’ll definetely let the plants mature a bit more, worst scenario i’ll facetime my friend and instruct him what to do, but prefer not to. Thanks again! :D

@Suki813 i couldn’t ask for any better explanation :D thanks! i’m usually only smoking in the evenings so i don’t mind some extra ambers but i didn’t know they no longer be psychoactive and that it’s not THC. That’s interesting, i wonder if it’s possible to extract CBN from flowers and get only couch licking high but have no traces of THC in the systems whatsoever lol. I’ll definetely let the plants mature a bit more, worst scenario i’ll facetime my friend and instruct him what to do, but prefer not to. Thanks again! :D
In my state there's an edible that's pure CBN. It makes me sleep really well, but the high is crap.

In my state there's an edible that's pure CBN. It makes me sleep really well, but the high is crap.
Good to know. So i guess it’s just not that good let alone, to have heavy high and heavy body feeling at the same time. therefore propably most mature plants only have some ambers not all of them amber.

Good to know. So i guess it’s just not that good let alone, to have heavy high and heavy body feeling at the same time. therefore propably most mature plants only have some ambers not all of them amber.
Really anything past like 50% amber is going to be more sedative than high in effect. And tbh, even if he does end up having to harvest while you're gone its really just a matter of having him cut them down and hang them up somewhere dark and cool. If people are running them for 15 weeks I don't see it being too much of an issue though, considering you're only at day 63, so only 9 weeks. If you'll be back at the new year that's really only a few weeks away now.

Back