Indoor Raoul-Duke grows Zen Seeds - Snow Queen Auto

It was the right decision to close the tent and clean to fight those gnats, better start a new one in clear conditions! Did you buy the soil in a shop? Would you like to grow the Green Gummy from Exotic Seeds?

It was the right decision to close the tent and clean to fight those gnats, better start a new one in clear conditions! Did you buy the soil in a shop? Would you like to grow the Green Gummy from Exotic Seeds?
Yeah I think I chose wisely as well. Yes, I get my soil from my local hydro store. Not sure if the soil was the issue, but could be. Green gummy? Have any tips for disinfecting my soil before use?

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Don't you remember the Green Gummy from Exotic Seeds i got as freebies this summer asking you which strain to grow?

There are different opinions of desinfecting soil, i don't like one of them, because the microbes get damaged, but i use the yellow sticky sheets every start of a new grow and if something comes out of the soil i notice it first and can fight it in the first days.

Yeah I think I chose wisely as well. Yes, I get my soil from my local hydro store. Not sure if the soil was the issue, but could be. Green gummy? Have any tips for disinfecting my soil before use?

You can get mosquito Dunks, crumbled (well) on top of soil and water in. about a third on top of 5gal. pot, or crumble that into a gal. of water (no chlorine), Molasses and bubble 12-24hr. water soil. Then put play sand (sandbox type) on top of your pots (1/2-3/4") some people rinse it first. Be prepared for some of the sand to work into your soil, especially coco heavy mix. Whew! Then get some of those sticky sheets Mongol is talking about. Someone just the other night was talking about mixing Hydrogen Peroxide in water at 25%, and watering soil with that. Don't know anything more about that (% peroxide solution) so ask around.
I had a horrible time with Gnats last grow. wasn't until I did the described things above (minus Peroxide) and accidentally letting my pots dry WAy out did I get a handle on them! I think they came in either the sphagnum peat or the damn fresh EWC I'd bought for my soil mix. Good luck!!!

Don't you remember the Green Gummy from Exotic Seeds i got as freebies this summer asking you which strain to grow?

There are different opinions of desinfecting soil, i don't like one of them, because the microbes get damaged, but i use the yellow sticky sheets every start of a new grow and if something comes out of the soil i notice it first and can fight it in the first days.
Stoner brain... Completely forgot man haha.

You're right, i don't think I'd try disinfecting actual soil either... Shoulda mentioned I'm using straight pro mix so it's a inert medium. Thought I'd read somewhere about watering with peroxide but haven't been able to find it again. A couple people in stoner chat suggested sand and neem oil, among other things so I may give those a try. Thanks for looking in bud.

You can get mosquito Dunks, crumbled (well) on top of soil and water in. about a third on top of 5gal. pot, or crumble that into a gal. of water (no chlorine), Molasses and bubble 12-24hr. water soil. Then put play sand (sandbox type) on top of your pots (1/2-3/4") some people rinse it first. Be prepared for some of the sand to work into your soil, especially coco heavy mix. Whew! Then get some of those sticky sheets Mongol is talking about. Someone just the other night was talking about mixing Hydrogen Peroxide in water at 25%, and watering soil with that. Don't know anything more about that (% peroxide solution) so ask around.
I had a horrible time with Gnats last grow. wasn't until I did the described things above (minus Peroxide) and accidentally letting my pots dry WAy out did I get a handle on them! I think they came in either the sphagnum peat or the damn fresh EWC I'd bought for my soil mix. Good luck!!!
Interesting advice. I'll have to look into that... And where to get dunks.

The hydrogen peroxide idea was something I'd hoped someone would bring up in stoner chat so I could get more info. Oh well. I seem to be on the right track anyway. Appreciate the help!

The hydrogen peroxide idea was something I'd hoped someone would bring up in stoner chat so I could get more info. Oh well. I seem to be on the right track anyway. Appreciate the help!

Don't know which side of the Pond your on, but the big box stores in U.S. Home Despot hehe ect. has them. They make Dunks and BITS, haven't tried the BITS yet, same thing only coated on chunks of Corn I think is all.

Hey my man, try adding a couple inches of sand on top of the pot. It's supposed to keep them from coming up.

I was thinking about this the other day, I don't see why you couldn't mix up some heavy NEEM oil with some pH'd water, Pour through till it saturates (in place of a feeding probably) That plus the sand ought to get them.

I can get you dunks if you can't. I'll ship them to you.

Back