Grow Mediums Rain Science Grow Bags communal test thread

Anyone using the 20" x 44" Mesh Fabric Raised Bed in a tent or indoor grow? They should be great for no-till living earth set up.

Anyone using the 20" x 44" Mesh Fabric Raised Bed in a tent or indoor grow? They should be great for no-till living earth set up.
Jermey over @ buildasoil is testing some of the rain science grow bags right now, but his first impression was that he thinks there’s better options out there for no-till & he thinks the fabric is probably gonna be too breathable

Nuff Respect to Sean at rain science Ordered 9 bags to try em out 3x 2g 3g 5g 1 each of each colour with grommets and incredibly they got over the pond to my continent in 5 days. Yes, 5 days They use DHL rather than the shit show that is the US postal service (maybe they should get Lance back on board for some performance enhancement) Handsome bags and I was delighted they make up the colours of the Jamaican flag as I'm a big reggae fan. Sadly on one of the 2gal bags the grommety machine must have misfired. No problem sent me out another one toot sweet ... Rally round the red gold and green ... Give thanks and praise while chalice blaze ... One love

I've only just got the pots but I'm already thinking how to adapt them to a sip style pot. The extra aeration should work well with perhaps the airier substrate to the bottom and middle "volcano" style

Jermey over @ buildasoil is testing some of the rain science grow bags right now, but his first impression was that he thinks there’s better options out there for no-till & he thinks the fabric is probably gonna be too breathable

Too breathable? Naaaaaaa............I'd rather have too much than not enough. The only downside is more water usage. A properly set up should extend all the way to the limits of the bag. With a well established cover crop and proper watering helps insure moisture retention and preservation with no dry pockets.

I am interested in his upcoming vid on prepping an EarthBox.

I've only just got the pots but I'm already thinking how to adapt them to a sip style pot. The extra aeration should work well with perhaps the airier substrate to the bottom and middle "volcano" style
I wouldn't vary the substrate. Just from the point of different fertility in those layers is enough for me not to do anything like that.
Just make sure your media wicks well and the pot is not too tall for effective wicking. I can't see it beneficial in a chem grow and definitely not in an organic living soil grow, or really any kind of organics.

Too breathable? Naaaaaaa............I'd rather have too much than not enough. The only downside is more water usage. A properly set up should extend all the way to the limits of the bag. With a well established cover crop and proper watering helps insure moisture retention and preservation with no dry pockets.

I am interested in his upcoming vid on prepping an EarthBox.
Yeah, for real I’m thinking about getting that take & bake kit that makes 70 gal of soil and starting a bunch of earthboxes. Either that or starting bed :shrug:

Heres my 5 gallon rain science I'm rocking a mutant cherry poptart I believe it takes after the ogkb in the cherry dosido in the strain as always using my living coco this plant is on first day of flower tomorrow

Attachments

• 20210304_170443.jpg
    20210304_170443.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 40
Has any1 used their pheno hunt bags? Is it hard to transplant out of the pheno bags do to the shape?

I wouldn't vary the substrate. Just from the point of different fertility in those layers is enough for me not to do anything like that.
Just make sure your media wicks well and the pot is not too tall for effective wicking. I can't see it beneficial in a chem grow and definitely not in an organic living soil grow, or really any kind of organics.
Thanks for your input Bill. I have seen some of your results using sips with living soil so I will take this on board

Back