Extraction QWET to Vape

Mañ'O'Green

Kia ora. Retired to watch the grass grow.
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Dabs of Rosin.
I ordered a lab vacuum filter with [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG] filters 11 micron to see if I can make a lighter colored QWET product. I am going to do the extraction tomorrow with the dry ice method and just filter it with a coffee filter and then just store it until the vacuum filter gets here. I just distilled out 3.5 L of cheap vodka ($18.) and got 1.4 L of 170 proof 85% alcohol as measured with an alcoholmeter. I could run it again and get it up to about 185 proof ~ 90% but I don't think it would make much difference in the overall outcome. I am trying this because of the results Dinafem is showing in what appears to be a room temperature QWET extraction? They are using 100% ethanol. I have used 100% as well as 85% and they really did not look much different. I am hoping that the lab filter will make the difference.

@Son of Hobbes can you please move all of the following posts to my thread QWET to Vape.
Thanks,

Last edited:
I ordered a lab vacuum filter with [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG] filters 11 micron to see if I can make a lighter colored QWET product. I am going to do the extraction tomorrow with the dry ice method and just filter it with a coffee filter and then just store it until the vacuum filter gets here. I just distilled out 3.5 L of cheap vodka ($18.) and got 1.4 L of 170 proof 85% alcohol as measured with an alcoholmeter. I could run it again and get it up to about 185 proof ~ 90% but I don't think it would make much difference in the overall outcome. I am trying this because of the results Dinafem is showing in what appears to be a room temperature QWET extraction? They are using 100% ethanol. I have used 100% as well as 85% and they really did not look much different. I am hoping that the lab filter will make the difference.

Dude, start another thread with that post. It warrants its own thread I think.

I did the dry ice QWET run this morning. The end result is much cloudier than Dinafem's. I used 6 oz. of old Auto night Queen, with a 30 minute wash and strained it through a 90 micron fabric. Hopefully the 11 micron vacuum filter will polish it up. The second wash looks just like the first so I may just mix them together? We will find out next week. Stay tuned...........

qw1.jpg
qw2.jpg
qw3.jpg
qw4.jpg
qw5.jpg
qw6.jpg
qw7.jpg
qw8.jpg

This looks so cool. Please tag me when the finish product comes out.

I recently washed my grinder with 95% ethanol mix.
Left it in a small jar, no filtering.
Kind of forgot about it, and the ethanol and water evaporated off pretty quick.
I think that with high ethanol mixes, the evaporation would take place without adding any heat / temp at all.
With a fine screening for plant matter and particulates, could make some nice honey consistency extract.

I recently washed my grinder with 95% ethanol mix.
Left it in a small jar, no filtering.
Kind of forgot about it, and the ethanol and water evaporated off pretty quick.
I think that with high ethanol mixes, the evaporation would take place without adding any heat / temp at all.
With a fine screening for plant matter and particulates, could make some nice honey consistency extract.
I do that all the time... I have a "cleaning jar" with everclear. When it gets really full, I strain it and just leave the jar open (with a screen to keep out dust and stuff) til it evaporates by it's self. :dizzy:it can be really strong!

Well...... look what gravity did for me last night:

clear1.jpg
clear2.jpg

A lot of the turbidity dropped out last night. This is looking promising.

Wow wow wow :cooldance::cooldance::cooldance:look at what filtering has done for my QWET:

Filter is 1000ml 22 micron 90mm diameter with a 11 micron filter disk added to it. It is frosty cold from the fridge.

f1.jpg

This is the first wash QWET:

f2.jpg

and this is from the second wash QWET:

f3.jpg

They look identical to my eye. I cannot wait until tomorrow to distill it off. I think I may have found the answer to making great vape juice. I wish I could afford a vacuum oven. Anyhow more tomorrow!

In the never ending search for a good vape recipe I have switched gears to a QWET to distillation method. When I harvested yesterday I threw all of the wispy popcorn buds loosely in mason jars - 8 of them - and put them in the freezer. This stuff is usually pretty much worthless. This morning I did a QWET Just pouring the frozen alcohol from jar to jar after 5 minutes each Shake a bit every minute. Then I distilled it off in the clone Green Machine. I promptly blended .5g with 5 drops of flavorless terpenes. Put it in a tank and vaped it. WOW WOW WOW I got so stoned on 3 small hits that I had to wait most of the afternoon to be able to write about it. I does not have much flavor but those wispy little buds really did not have much going for them. The white flakes on the oil is from freezing the spatula and flaking off the remaining oil. I got just under 5g or enough to make 8 - 1ml vape cartridges.

View attachment 909012 View attachment 909008 View attachment 909010
Well once again you really got my brain going and now I will see my Green Oil Machine clone arrive this friday. I got it on Ebay.

Back