Indoor Qbgrowers perpetual grow in a 4x4 with 480w of Quantum Boards

Evening folks!

Day 28 - 4 weeks of flower for these beauties! Stretch has definitely stopped now (thank fuck) and they are just filling out the buds now. Still removing a few leaves here and there but it's difficult to get to the middle. Still on the Autopot with dechlorinated ph6 water. Maybe add a top dress of worm castings in the next week.

View attachment 1644577View attachment 1644578View attachment 1644579

I finally think I'm becoming a better grower after 5 years. I love organic growing.

Qb
Everything is so lovely and green, these ladies are enjoying life :toke:

Everything is so lovely and green, these ladies are enjoying life :toke:
Thanks mate.

I've found that if I pay attention and make sure my initial soil mix is on point then it's plain sailing.

This is the first time I've ph'd the water, top fed bat guano and used a compost tea.

I'm reading more about organics daily and hopefully my results keep getting better and better.

Qb

Thanks mate.

I've found that if I pay attention and make sure my initial soil mix is on point then it's plain sailing.

This is the first time I've ph'd the water, top fed bat guano and used a compost tea.

I'm reading more about organics daily and hopefully my results keep getting better and better.

Qb
What are you favouring ph wise for your water?

What are you favouring ph wise for your water?
Ph6. I may try ph5.5 on the next run but really happy with the results so far.

I also use an Apera ph20 to test. Seems to be worth the money so far

Qb

Ph6. I may try ph5.5 on the next run but really happy with the results so far.

I also use an Apera ph20 to test. Seems to be worth the money so far

Qb
Don't go any lower in PH! Especially if your using teas, as they are very acidic. I PH my water to 6.3 to 6.4 for organics. PH below 5.8 is in a range where some harmful fungi etc like to breed.

Don't go any lower in PH! Especially if your using teas, as they are very acidic. I PH my water to 6.3 to 6.4 for organics. PH below 5.8 is in a range where some harmful fungi etc like to breed.
Hi mate.

I was only talking about the plain water at ph5.5. I'm sure I've read this in some official Autopot literature. I'll need to have a look.

I didn't ph my water for the compost tea I recently did. Do you pH your water when doing this?

Thanks for the info.
Qb

Hi mate.

I was only talking about the plain water at ph5.5. I'm sure I've read this in some official Autopot literature. I'll need to have a look.

I didn't ph my water for the compost tea I recently did. Do you pH your water when doing this?

Thanks for the info.
Qb
Yes I meant the plain water, 5.5 is too low. And I tested a friend's compost tea and the PH was 4.5! And if auto pots says otherwise, I still disagree. They were wrong about putting " drainage" in the bottom of pots too, it is contrary to the laws of hydraulics which states The interface between dissimilar materials will resist the flow of water until gravity over comes it. Which means it make the absorption is hindered even more when the flow of water is already working against gravity.

Yes I meant the plain water, 5.5 is too low. And I tested a friend's compost tea and the PH was 4.5! And if auto pots says otherwise, I still disagree. They were wrong about putting " drainage" in the bottom of pots too, it is contrary to the laws of hydraulics which states The interface between dissimilar materials will resist the flow of water until gravity over comes it. Which means it make the absorption is hindered even more when the flow of water is already working against gravity.
Good to know. I'll keep the pH where I've got it just now.

Interesting tidbit about the bottom drainage...

I've always just used a 50/50 60/40 soil to perlite mix with nothing in the bottom except for this photo run.

Its about a 60/40 mix of soil and canna aqua clay pebbles and I put an inch or just under of the pebbles at the bottom but made sure to tamp down soil into all the gaps and that it was also not above the maximum water level in the tray. I've had zero issues and when I switch off the tank the trays dry out completely.

Qb

In organic soils healthy, vigorous microbial activity > ph.
Healthy organic soil self regulates.. The only thing that can really make it go wonky is adding salts, or using really hard water ime. Focus on healthy lively soil and the ph should take care of itself. I like adding powdered dolomite lime to teas and top dresses occasionally in small amounts to counteract low ph teas.. not saying my way is the right way, but I do ok
GL

Back