Indoor Prism Lighting Science CMH Test grow - 2018

Hello @db003 ......good point about the light cooling down:bow:....I have been using a CMH light for about a year now and I couldn't be happier with it......the first time my light went out unexpectedly I Shit myself:crying:....a short power cut of 5 mins and when the power came back on, I waited a further 15 mins and switched it back on......nothing!!......furious I would have to spend £100 on a new bulb....a short wait later and it lit again.lol........most CMH ballast have a 30min safety reset...I later found out lol.....I hope you all enjoy these lights as much as I do:woody:i will be looking in for tips:cool1:happy growing:cool1:
Nice heads up thanks

the bulbs we will be getting with are cmh lights will be from philips 3100k or 4200k depends on what the others picked i picked the 3100k for mine
They are fantastic bulbs dude.:toke:....I currently run a Philips Argo CMH....but i don't understand what is on test here.......please forgive me, I'm not nit-picking but I thought the whole thing would be by Prism for a prism test?[/QUOTE]

They are fantastic bulbs dude.:toke:....I currently run a Philips Argo CMH....but i don't understand what is on test here.......please forgive me, I'm not nit-picking but I thought the whole thing would be by Prism for a prism test?
[/QUOTE]

prism makes the ballast but they are including a full package light with a choice of hood and and bulb. how cool is that :cooldance:

Way cool dude.....seeing as they included top brands.:toke:......can't wait to see everything and everywhere this thread is goin:woohoo1:very happy

I so want to get this test started already and at a perfect time for me since its really starting to heat up in my part of southern California already getting 90* plus temps outside and will just be getting hotter
so switching from my 600w air cooled hps I have now in my tent which keeps my tent as hot as the blazing sun:fire: to 315w cmh should help a lot with heat issues even its just a little :cool1:

I grow at home with T5's the 12 bulb panel 23 watt 6500 kelvin bulbs so the veg cycle is what I will be looking at mostly. I know the flowers will be amazing like everyone else I'm ready to light'm
up....

Hey now!
We are getting closer and closer. All the testers have submitted their info and that was sent on to the vendor so we should be seeing some growing going on before long! W00t!!

I went with the [HASHTAG]#4[/HASHTAG] package myself. It will be in a 2x4 tent. I had plans for another tent but... I am going to add some barn doors to the 2' sides of the light. It should light up the tent quite nicely. This tent is not in my grow room either so environment will be a factor to consider as well. I have some Mephisto beans in the dirt for the Mephisto Battle so I am more than ready for this!!
Bring it on!!

Back