Dutch Passion Pop22's Auto Ultimate grow - My Second Quest to grow a One Pound auto!

pop22

Frankensteins Lab Leader
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
I've been working up to this for a long time. I actually didn't want to use auto Ultimate! Why? Seems too damn easy to grow a monster from the journals I've seen. But i decided to use one anyway, as I'm doing Organics and haven't seen one grown that style.
4'x'4'x6.5' tent
I'll be using my Soilponics rig. The setup is as follows:
20 gallon Soilponics pot with a 4 gallon reservoir
KISS Mix organic soil ( my simple mix )
RO Water
Cal/Mag as needed
Lights: To be determined shortly. Looking to use 600-900 watts of LED running 24/7
I'll be SCROGing her in a 42"x42" screen

Pics of my soilponcs rig:

parts for one pound seup-1.jpg
parts for one pound setup-4.jpg
parts for one pound seup-3.jpg

Well, at this point, I'm a bit disappointed in my auto ultimate. The alien Triangle had a 1/2" root in 24 hours. Here it is, 72 hours later and the AU hasn't even sprouted yet! I'm going to be very pissed off if this $13 seed doesn't sprout!

Soilponics... gotta admit thats a new one to me I'll have to do some googling to find out more. Hope it sprouts for you, u got it as a single seed? Who did you buy it through?

I bought a three pack! I just heard from Corgy and he says his were slow to start also, so i'll chill for a bit..... LOL!
I coined the soilponics term. I've seen it call duoponics, but I added a twist to it, an AIT unit ( Air Injection Technology ). I used it in a previous grow. I believe it helped, just not by how much. However, I checked the soil and stump after harvest and found interesting phenomenon. The tap root was only about 6" long! The soil however was PACKED FULL in tiny, almost weblike roots! I assume these were the oxygen absorbing roots. I also think that maybe I was pumping too much air in. however, in a pot this size, being bottom watered, I imagine this prevented root death from drowning by keeping the lower soil well oxygenated.

My soil mix has gotten better since that first attempt, so it should be interesting to see what happens this time!

Soilponics... gotta admit thats a new one to me I'll have to do some googling to find out more. Hope it sprouts for you, u got it as a single seed? Who did you buy it through?

Update:

First seed still hasn't sprouted! I'm seriously disappointed! Dropped another this morning to soak. going to get this goind damn it!

I got the "soilponics" pot setup today. I hot glued the elbows to the tote and added a third elbow for stability. Loaded it up with
4x4tent pic1.jpg
bottom watered pot -pic1 -11-27-2015.jpg
bottom watered pot pic2 -11-27-2015.jpg
bottom watered pot pic3 -11-27-2015.jpg
19 gallons of my organic soil! I'm letting the soil dry a bit while I wait for the seed to pop. I'll start it in a plastic 20 0z. cheese container using the same soil. I'll transplant 10 days after sprout, or when the leaves are as wide as the pot. I've determined that seems to be the point the roots just start to circle the pot, the perfect time to transplant! So this should give me a couple weeks to condition the soil. I'll only do one transplant, from the starter pot directly to the big pot

Big upgrades to the tent too! I just bought two, Sunspect 600 watt Reflector lights ( claimed 284 watt actual. I'll get a reading from my meter tomorrow. ). Look to be nicely made. Good heavy heatsinks in them!

The Rootball tomato plant continues to grow in the tent. It even has a tomato on it!

Subbing up for this if you don't mind pop, interesting with the pots, have seen before, but not with an ultimate and not aiming for the pound club.

Bought a small sunspect about 1 month ago. Appeared to veg my girls fine. Excellent value for money.

Good luck.

They are the same light being sold as "Vipar" brand for $50 more! We'll see how they perform, but the do seem like a nice light for the money!

Subbing up for this if you don't mind pop, interesting with the pots, have seen before, but not with an ultimate and not aiming for the pound club.

Bought a small sunspect about 1 month ago. Appeared to veg my girls fine. Excellent value for money.

Good luck.

Bad luck with the first seed, but once you get going there is no reason why you shouldn't saunter into the 1 pound club with your setup, hint, Air Space Command recommend keeping any aerial activity restricted to lower altitudes....... Does 1 pound gals and pals club members get a nice green jacket with a badge?

Pop..... What method did u use for sprout the seed. Glass of water untill u see it cracks? Mine were slow aswell... But eventually they all sprouted...

Back