Photoperiod Photoperiod plants straight with 13-11 hrs light / day?

I've ran grows 13/11 from seed and 14/10 from seed and they've flowered after about 3-4 weeks. Any higher than that and you're risking problems or extended veg times.

[emoji41][emoji106]

I've ran grows 13/11 from seed and 14/10 from seed and they've flowered after about 3-4 weeks. Any higher than that and you're risking problems or extended veg times.

[emoji41][emoji106]

@justDave -- wow, thank you!
This is just the kind of response I was hoping for.

May I ask what strains they were?
Or at least what basic kind of genetic background they had?
E.g. the usual sativa / mainly sativa / sativa-indica hybrid / mainly indica / indica?

I'm expecting that the photo Great White Shark (x1) and Northern Lights (x2)
that I put outside (at about 13/11) will flower soon too.
The Shark's a fem plant, but the Lights are just regular photos.

Thanks!
:love:

@Maria Sanchez
Hi Maria, so unusual to find a lady that really loves her weed and knows her stuff, despite all the indepth botanical inquisitiveness. Are you a Virgo by any chance?
With regards to whether or not to put the NL and GWS outside under 11 hours, I am also in the "just do it" camp. It's all good experience.
I am in one of the least conducive to growing good weed areas of the world, so I have to drag all my plants inside to indoor conditions when the weather is rubbish, but I do it cos I love my plants. I chanced a guerilla grow one year (17 plants on a state forest), and it went OK for the most part but it is too unreliable for most strains except for something like Senis's ruderals Indica, which I kinda liked despite it being more like a tranquilliser. I did cross it with NL (auto) but haven't had a chance to grow the cross out, I was too tempted to go for white widow, mazar, blueberry and Dr.Feelgood.
Anyway, now you got me blabbing on .
Time to do other things.
See ya.

@justDave -- wow, thank you!
This is just the kind of response I was hoping for.

May I ask what strains they were?
Or at least what basic kind of genetic background they had?
E.g. the usual sativa / mainly sativa / sativa-indica hybrid / mainly indica / indica?

I'm expecting that the photo Great White Shark (x1) and Northern Lights (x2)
that I put outside (at about 13/11) will flower soon too.
The Shark's a fem plant, but the Lights are just regular photos.

Thanks!
:love:
Ya know, I don't remember. I think it could have been some Shiva Skunk seeds I played with this with but I've done Skunk, Kush and cheese strains this way so can't remember which exactly. They get a bit stretchier during the veg phase which is why I tended to stick to Indica dominant hybrids. Hope that helps [emoji16]

[emoji41][emoji106]

Why I did 13/11 FS was cause I figured the extra 90 - 120 hours of light through the grow would boost bud production. I'm pretty sure it did if I remember correctly.

[emoji41][emoji106]

@Maria Sanchez
Hi Maria, so unusual to find a lady that really loves her weed and knows her stuff, despite all the indepth botanical inquisitiveness.

@Oldbie -- thank you!
I guess asking questions is the way to get answers and knowledge, right?

Are you a Virgo by any chance?

Hehe. No!!

With regards to whether or not to put the NL and GWS outside under 11 hours, I am also in the "just do it" camp. It's all good experience.
I am in one of the least conducive to growing good weed areas of the world, so I have to drag all my plants inside to indoor conditions when the weather is rubbish, but I do it cos I love my plants. I chanced a guerilla grow one year (17 plants on a state forest), and it went OK for the most part but it is too unreliable for most strains except for something like Senis's ruderals Indica, which I kinda liked despite it being more like a tranquilliser. I did cross it with NL (auto) but haven't had a chance to grow the cross out, I was too tempted to go for white widow, mazar, blueberry and Dr.Feelgood.

I remember in the 90s, Sensi's Ruderalis always seemed like an oddity to me when I read about it in High Times and other mags.
I'm also thinking about the auto x photo situation, and doing some reading.
I have a couple of photo Northern Lights, and part of me is hoping for two girls, but another part hoping for at least one boy.

Anyway, now you got me blabbing on .
Time to do other things.
See ya.

See ya!

Ya know, I don't remember. I think it could have been some Shiva Skunk seeds I played with this with but I've done Skunk, Kush and cheese strains this way so can't remember which exactly. They get a bit stretchier during the veg phase which is why I tended to stick to Indica dominant hybrids. Hope that helps [emoji16]

[emoji41][emoji106]

Yeah, more indica types. Thanks for the info.
Shiva Skunk is Sensi Seeds Skunk [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG] X Northern Lights, isn't it (IIRC)?

Okay, memory not too bad...
https://sensiseeds.com/en/blog/cannabis-strain-focus-shiva-skunk-sensi-seeds/

Last edited:
Why I did 13/11 FS was cause I figured the extra 90 - 120 hours of light through the grow would boost bud production. I'm pretty sure it did if I remember correctly.

[emoji41][emoji106]

This is a very good point...

Today the little photo period Great White Shark started to show a few tiny pistils.
She sprouted on Aug 12, which makes her about 27 days old, less than four weeks.
She's been outside under a 13/11 light cycle for only 7 days (though before that had a few fairly short light hour days already).
Just awaiting the two Northern Light reg photo plants to flower now...

Back