So very shitty weather the last few days on the east coast u.s.a 2 days of 50 degree weather and very high winds with a nor eastern coming in followed by today with a high of 49 degrees n 37 for the low so have to make an early visit to the girls tomorrow to check in on em hoping the cold n harsh winds didn't woop em to bad lol cross fingers n wish for the best!!

Sounds like we live next door from each other! It was "supposed" get over 20C here today, but the sun barely came out and i dont even think we hit 15C(59F). It was 41F this morning first thing for the last 3 days....i am a bit blown away how good the girls here are accepting it this year!

Do you have leaf hoppers there Tom?

They’re like a tiny grasshopper. This looks like the damage they do.
That be what I would say it was as well, dealt with a abundance of them last year, I found that hate sugar and milk,(other leaf eaters hate too much sugar also there lil bodies cant handle it) spray them plants.
Leaf hoppers all got different colors too i've seen green, orange and blue, and even solid white.

Sounds like we live next door from each other! It was "supposed" get over 20C here today, but the sun barely came out and i dont even think we hit 15C(59F). It was 41F this morning first thing for the last 3 days....i am a bit blown away how good the girls here are accepting it this year!
I'd offer to send some warmth from the UK but I don't have any to spare in my part! Every day the last 2 weeks has started cool and grey but then has perked up by the afternoon with some sun but still lots of cloud cover. Hitting 17, 18, 19 Celsius and 12, 13 at night.
All the cloud cover isn't helping my astronomy hobby either.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Ok, I think I've got them sorted... but looking for a consensus...

Entering the strawberry nuggets girl outdoor... here's pictures of the 2 little ones outdoor
20180607_065625.jpg
20180607_065607.jpg
I think [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG] is the SN... here's picks of my indoor ladies for reference...4 X SN
20180607_065535.jpg
20180607_065523.jpg
20180607_065502.jpg
20180607_065450.jpg

Pics of the other 2 outside... both sour livers 3 bears X...

And the big sour livers hogging the tent right now...
20180607_065705.jpg
20180607_065644.jpg
20180607_062640.jpg

Had another member contact me...

Big thank you (you know who U R) should be back up and into the photo battle shortly...(edit... due to the generosity of members, am planning on getting an extra photo or two in, all product will be donated to the Weed for Warriors project....god bless those who stand ready...) https://www.wfwproject.org

Am thinking airsoft claymores ringing my garden...

Last edited:
Interesting tactic bud!

I leave damaged leaves intact, and I find they just keep going after weaker growth for the most part....there is no way they can keep up with eating enough new growth of a happy healthy plant in my yard! ;)
I've got/had some minor damage too, but it's always been localized and typically limited to a leaf or two.

Have a bunch of peppers growing in the same area, and there's a little white caterpillar looking thing that puts bullet holes in the pepper leaves. Not many, but they can be hard to spot, they blend in with the plant well.

If you grow anything, you get to have bugs. Hope @St. Tom you get it figgered out.

we've had clouds and sprinkles and not a lot of hours of sun for the past week, and more to come. Hope this thing gets back to blue skies and bright light soon....

I'd offer to send some warmth from the UK but I don't have any to spare in my part! Every day the last 2 weeks has started cool and grey but then has perked up by the afternoon with some sun but still lots of cloud cover. Hitting 17, 18, 19 Celsius and 12, 13 at night.
All the cloud cover isn't helping my astronomy hobby either.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
i think for once in the north west we normally get rubbish weather but the last month besides about 5 days ive had nowt but sun also i think my greenhouse helps alot with wind ect i also have tomatoes and strawberrys all doing well and going by last year i didnt have the sun ive had now in the whole of last summer so im sending you good weather vibes @Swan

Big thank you (you know who U R) should be back up and into the photo battle shortly...(edit... due to the generosity of members, am planning on getting an extra photo or two in, all product will be donated to the Weed for Warriors project....god bless those who stand ready...) https://www.wfwproject.org

I just got done checking out that site...wish there was something I could do to help out!

Back