You know......leafhoppers (green, brown, and rainbow) tend to be my biggest challenge in the partial sun garden due to be immediately adjacent to long grass fields. I was actually out there 10 minutes ago, and interestingly enough, I spotted some damage on one of the plants, that looked almost identical to the stuff tom posted, but it was on a much smaller scale on a couple of the under developed secondary branches. My guess is leafhoppers as well!! Who knows...maybe those UK white hoppers are insane like the snails and slugs in various UK grows i have seen.....
Right.
The Leaf Hoppers there's a lot of different kinds of leafhoppers I looked at them last year when I first discovered what was chewing on my plants and so I looked up leafhoppers and there's a bunch of different ones they got all different shapes and colors and sizes and they're pretty small but they can get like medium big too and yeah they like to eat the moisture out of your leaves.
So to help keep them back away from my plants I just water the yard out around them and they tend to stay out there and eat them more than they do on my plants.

Sent from my garden [emoji482]

Right.
The Leaf Hoppers there's a lot of different kinds of leafhoppers I looked at them last year when I first discovered what was chewing on my plants and so I looked up leafhoppers and there's a bunch of different ones they got all different shapes and colors and sizes and they're pretty small but they can get like medium big too and yeah they like to eat the moisture out of your leaves.
So to help keep them back away from my plants I just water the yard out around them and they tend to stay out there and eat them more than they do on my plants.

Interesting tactic bud!

I leave damaged leaves intact, and I find they just keep going after weaker growth for the most part....there is no way they can keep up with eating enough new growth of a happy healthy plant in my yard! ;)

Couple of pics ahead my phone that I got off internet
dadef4eeeda5f46f710f047576434b5a.jpg
1c700a233b6b1ae7bdde11573fe03400.jpg
325f0980623995f55f22718af217ee15.jpg

**** Also...i do find leafhoppers always seem to like one plant or another, and some varieties I have noticed they will go for more than others...fruity chronic juice was one that they always went for...I was always joking in my journals "with a name like that how could any bug resist!!" :D

I was checking that out earlier.
Soooooo many species!! Check out this thread! https://www.autoflower.org/threads/insects-the-good-the-bad-and-the-bugly.60822/
Yeah I've used predator mites before too that's pretty cool and work well.
My favorite natural predator to use for most bugs spider mites aphids and the alike is the Green lacewing larvae.
I love using them things they're so great to have around in my garden in fact I just ordered some to put out there because it's just about bug season you know.[emoji45]

Yeah those rainbow hoppers are something else!! Hard as hell to catch! The horn headed brown hoppers are a bitch to catch as well...sounds like they all are!! [emoji1]
Give my technique a try!! You got any secret ninja master white hopper catching techniques?

Who? Me? The original Ganja Ninja? [emoji16]

I’m working on a ladybird/bug training camp at the mo. I start them early at the larvae stage and I’m aiming at teaching them the ancient art of Kendo. (There’s a lot of sticks around ya see, so it makes sense)

Don’t tell anyone tho, this is top secret.

Seriously tho, these little fookers are small and there’s usually hundreds of them so I just hope the wind blows them away.

Last edited:
Thanks bud.
Its really not hard to grow beasts man. Lots of root expansion, lots of easily digested nutrients like horse manure to fuel veg, proper PH soil and good drainage, a bit of training to maximize leaf exposure and branching, and of course lots of love. :D
That's exactly right my man I can get em big like urs but mine always seem to take a lil longer I'm working on it tho! Also was wondering how long ur photos have been in the ground?

Back