Well, my instincts were right! I found just one spot of budrot starting in my Blue Dragon. I cut out the bud right away! The rest of the plant was fine, I checked closely as I trimmed and cut all colas down into just buds to be sure it can't continue.

View attachment 934156

So Blue Dragon is done and trimmed final plant pic and the contest live bud. The dry pic is going to be of a single bud, i HAD to do this to preserve my buds!

View attachment 934157 ive Bud

Contest Live Bud

View attachment 934158

Normally full plant pics are not allowed as a final entry pic, but the rules are clear, and those state that the final live pic should be a bud or cola....seeing as a cola is defined as a string of buds without any stalk showing, i would say you full plant pic of the blue dragon qualifies!! I knew eventually this would come up! ;) Added to my folder. Great job bud! Well grown

She was a leafy bitch! A pain in the ass to trim!

Now, some observations on genetic expression.

I think people sometimes mistake genetic expression for phenotype expression. My Blue Dragon grows very differently outdoors compared to indoor. And I've seen more than one expression over the last three outdoor grows. I believe people sometimes mistake genetic expression for phenotype but they are quite different. environment can dictate how cannabis will grow, especially any strain with some Indica in them. Indicas come from an environment with unpredictable weather from one season to the next. They have adapted and will express the traits needed to survive the current years conditions. I've seen 5 different expressions in my Blue Dragon.

I've had this expression before in plants that got larger, FAT big cola with just s few side branches. Others were bushes. I had one that was a GIANT single cola almost 5 feet tall in a three a gallon pot, that was one giant cola!

Scent is different also, its even sweeter!
And the Black Dragon. She smells mildly stinky with a bit out citrus, UNTIL............. she starts drying usually. This one.....OMG Does she STINK! Dead skunk in the middle of the road....lol!

The CBD haze gets chopped shortly. here she is for the last time, in the raised bed. Overall, I'm quite pleased with this grow.

View attachment 934159

Interesting!! I hope you have not takn her down yet!! That pic doesnt quite qualify as a live cola shot. ;) If worst comes to worst we can crop it, but honestly i hope you can get a cleaner pic of the top of her.

My triplet of entries!!

Day 89 Delicious 11 roses
View attachment 934235

Day 109 DP Blueberry(showing the short side)
View attachment 934237

Day 109 Sweet Green Poison Fast
View attachment 934238
I'm always amazed at how well you do with your plants an I'm quite envious of the space you got to train em some how I have always have these super confined areas to work with .I remember one year I had this tangie I trained an it pissed dad off bad because every time I saw him he told me how he had to cut branches off it an was mad I grew it like that he said it was blocking light on several of his Frank's gifts an if I didn't control it he was going to tie it to a pole lol .

I'm always amazed at how well you do with your plants an I'm quite envious of the space you got to train em some how I have always have these super confined areas to work with .

Thanks man! For me height is the enemy.....the taller the plants get the more the wind whips them around, and also the taller they get means breaking the stealth barrier and possibly bringing in more thieves to tangle with. I do my best at keeping them low and wide.

.I remember one year I had this tangie I trained an it pissed dad off bad because every time I saw him he told me how he had to cut branches off it an was mad I grew it like that he said it was blocking light on several of his Frank's gifts an if I didn't control it he was going to tie it to a pole lol .

:D

Thanks man! For me height is the enemy.....the taller the plants get the more the wind whips them around, and also the taller they get means breaking the stealth barrier and possibly bringing in more thieves to tangle with. I do my best at keeping them low and wide.

:D
I hear ya with the height ain't got much width either lol but just happy to be growing in the sun with all the other fine afn friends I will be pulling the tarp tonight to induce flowering there's actually cops that drive through blasting a spot light looking for criminals or crime flash lights car lights an a flood lamp a neighbor uses who happens to be a pimp but he's trying to deter theives lol all this right in my yard with my plants not to mention a million broad mites on a tree 10 ft away an they don't look half bad .

20180724_124921.jpg
20180724_125056.jpg
Will be pulling the tarp tonight at 6 day one of flowering on my ladies starts today .

a couple of me entries:
The tiered effect, created by the telephoto, shortens the distance between plants, of course the eye sees all..........
P1070512.jpg

Close foreground IPCBD, not an entry. Electra citrus Noir next in line. And big Bertha Bubba Trouble, standing tall at a topped 57". Far cola, beyond Bertha's towers, is one of Little Sisters colas

Back