Yeah thats right man....this thing is though, we need enough of us working on it for it to be super useful. One plant from a strain could be a fluke...but see repeating patterns and there is a ton to be learned! It has to be a joint effort!
:pass:joint efforts the most satifying

;) got that right!!

If you use a database and use the average from all of the data submitted I think that would cover some really solid info. The hard part is to build it and determine the relevant data points to collect. The good thing is there are a crap ton of great products to accomplish this.

Start keeping tract of stuff like nute sensitivities, heat and cold tolerance, flooding/drying responses, insect damage, mold resistance, etc. I know it's not our intention to stress our plants, but shit happens and we can learn from it. If enough of us add our 2 cents to the Stress Resistance Index may come up with a list of good to try plants for the outdoor grower, especially new growers.
:worship:yeah man!!!

Great looking bud!!
Appreciated,smokes.good too tasted great with no cure at all.
Funky ass smell and super sticky.
One of the 3 is officially eliminated, it didn't grow dense buds so I got her out of there.

Start keeping tract of stuff like nute sensitivities, heat and cold tolerance, flooding/drying responses, insect damage, mold resistance, etc. I know it's not our intention to stress our plants, but shit happens and we can learn from it. If enough of us add our 2 cents to the Stress Resistance Index may come up with a list of good to try plants for the outdoor grower, especially new growers.

I thought about that... but dont you think itd be hard to really accurately record nute sensitivity floodig/drying, etc especially with really varying levels of experience between growers? Like a newer grower might be burning all his plants, overwatering and creating issues with mold etc by watering at the wrong time of day or whatever?

I think keeping it simple to stuff like latitude/longitude, a special note section for if your area has a particular geographic feature that causes a special micro climate like a river or a mountain or a valley, strain, flowering times with pics would make it a much more useful and efficient thing... idk tho, whattyu think?

I thought about that... but dont you think itd be hard to really accurately record nute sensitivity floodig/drying, etc especially with really varying levels of experience between growers? Like a newer grower might be burning all his plants, overwatering and creating issues with mold etc by watering at the wrong time of day or whatever?

I think keeping it simple to stuff like latitude/longitude, a special note section for if your area has a particular geographic feature that causes a special micro climate like a river or a mountain or a valley, strain, flowering times with pics would make it a much more useful and efficient thing... idk tho, whattyu think?

Even overall plant health will have some impact on mold factors. Still though a detailed list would provide some insight into some factors.

Yes it does. I just murdered my cheese xxl. I'm guessing my soil in the bottom was too hot. I thought I saw deficiencies, so I gave all three some espoma flower tone along with some organic aloe, and coconut water. The other two took it well, but the cheese is all droopy and dying. It might be over watering, due to the holes being dug acting like pots, and it's been raining for two weeks. Going to do a raised bed next year in there!

Back