Alright...this thread is just about concluded...one last thing I was hoping to get out of this contest and that is a mass review...I simplified my normal reviews for an easy to fill out version focusing mainly on the outdoor grow aspect. I hope as many of the completed entries are able to fill this template out, and add a couple of comments on each line.

TEMPLATE
Strain Name:
Days to Harvest:
Size:
Average Relative Humidity During the Last 4 weeks of flower:
Hours of Daylight and Direct Sunlight:
Yield:
Nutrients

Outdoor Qualities(0 being the worst and 10 being the best)
Mold Resistance /10
Ease of growing /10
Resistance to Cold /10 (put NA if you didn't have to deal with temps less than 10C)
Resistance to Heat /10 (put NA if you didn't have to deal with temps higher than 30C)
Resistance to High Wind /10 (put NA if you didn't deal with winds higher than 30mph)

Bud Quality (0 being the worst and 10 being the best)
Crystal Count /10
Smell Appeal and strength /10
Smoke Taste /10
Sativa Uphigh /10
Indica couchlock Stone /10

Overall outdoor impression /10

Here is what i hope is a prime example of this review(time to complete 13 minutes)

Strain Name:
Days to Harvest: 85
Size: 34"
Average Relative Humidity During the Last 4 weeks of flower: 70%+
Hours of Daylight and Direct Sunlight: 24 for the first 20 days(sun and LED), then 16 hours increasing to 16.5, then declining and harvested at 15hours.
Yield: 60grams
Nutrients: Green Planet Grow and Bloom Fuel, Terpinator, Massive, Liquid W-8, AN RhinoSkin, Shovel horse manure, 1/4cup lime

Mold Resistance 3/10 - One of the worst plants of the season. Mold came on strong and fast. Early chop 2-3 weeks due to the sudden mold. Lost 60% to mold toss even with the early chop.
Ease of growing 5/10 - She grew great and ate everything i threw at her. The mold made her difficult!
Resistance to Cold 8/10 (put NA if you didnt have to deal with temps less than 10C) Dealt with some under 10C periods for sure. She took the cool stretch just fine.
Resistance to Heat /10 NA - Not enough hot weather to make a worthy call on this one.
Resistance to High Wind 9/10 - Very strong rigid frame. Could have withstood Very high wind.

Bud Quality (0 being the worst and 10 being the best)
Crystal Count 8/10 - Pics say it all!! For early chop crystal is quite impressive.
Smell Appeal and strength 7/10 - Lost some smell with improper hot drying conditions. Nice, but not spectacular as a result
Smoke Taste 7/10 - Nice fruity skunky taste.
Sativa Uphigh 8/10 - Really an excellent toke for getting stuff done!! Cut with mostly clear some cloudy trichs though!
Indica couchlock Stone 3/10 - Minimal india style buzz.

Overall outdoor impression 4/10 - In a humid climate not recommended. In an arid climate I would give this plant a better rating I bet. If it wouldn't have molded, I bet this plant could have been a very solid yield especially considering the wet cool season. Too bad!

IMG_5566.JPG

IMG_5569.JPG

IMG_5638.JPG

IMG_5639.JPG

Last edited:
:smoking:photo's too?...should we copy/paste and do it up at the appropriate breeder thread, or here?

:smoking:photo's too?...should we copy/paste and do it up at the appropriate breeder thread, or here?

yes photos too...just taking a break before i set the photo edition into action. ;) Hit it up tomorrow, with my TF review. Once template is completed easy enough to copy paste into breeders sections! I had a vision of a mass review to close this contest out. One after another reviews of strains that actually made it through this grueling season!!

:pass:*pheeww*...no lie brudda! Grind we must,....:smoker1:
.... TF aroma seems stable now, no notable changes, so she's ready enough for a full report! :wiz:

Strain Name:Red Poison
Days to Harvest: 68
Size: 18"
Average Relative Humidity During the Last 4 weeks of flower: 80%
Hours of Daylight and Direct Sunlight: 24 hours for first 20 days then whatever the sun gave
Nutrients: Fox Farm Trio, Rhino Skin, Molasses

Mold Resistance 10/10 No signs of mold
Ease of growing 8/10 Slight nute burn early, but was my fault
Resistance to Cold ? No cold to deal with
Resistance to Heat 9/10 A few days in the mid 90's and no problem with upper 80's and low 90's
Resistance to High Wind 9/10 Took stormy days in stride

Bud Quality 8/10 Buds were fairly compact and great color
Crystal Count 7/10 Crystals were plentiful
Smell Appeal and strength 9/10 Buds had a great citrus mango smell
Smoke Taste 9/10 Smoke also tasted like mango
Sativa Uphigh 5/10 Despite being a Green Poison cross, she didn't make me overly anxious
Indica couchlock Stone 6/10 Not a really strong couch lock, I think the sativa influence balanced it out

Overall outdoor impression - 8/10 If not for my early screw-ups, I thinks she would have produced much more. I'm really glad I was able to cross her with some pollen I had on hand.

Strain Name: northern lights by 00 seeds
Days to Harvest:105
Size: 35"
Average Relative Humidity During the Last 4 weeks of flower: 20%
Hours of Daylight and Direct Sunlight: 14, 7 direct
Yield: 6 oz
Nutrients alasKan fish formula, tiger bloom, epsom salts.

Outdoor Qualities(0 being the worst and 10 being the best) 00 this one was a little hard. Plants grew well, and were healthy...these autos are the ones photo growers laugh at.
Mold Resistance /10 N/A
Ease of growing /10 8
Resistance to Cold /10 (put NA if you didn't have to deal with temps less than 10C) N/A
Resistance to Heat /10 (put NA if you didn't have to deal with temps higher than 30C) 10
Resistance to High Wind /10 (put NA if you didn't deal with winds higher than 30mph)8

Bud Quality (0 being the worst and 10 being the best) 7
Crystal Count /10 5
Smell Appeal and strength /10 00 absolutely a waste of time
Smoke Taste /10 00
Sativa Uphigh /10 00
Indica couchlock Stone /10 00

Overall outdoor impression /10 00

Well I know where they came up with their name... 0 bag appeal, 0 potency.
Bagseed photo on same setup, with 4 hrs direct light, along the east fence, absolutely embarrassed these 00 genetics.

00 seeds has been crossed off my list of "reputalbe" breeders.

Last edited:
Back