Outdoor Outdoor 55lat Uk 2017

Finally got chance to get the polar haze into the ground today. Well 1 pipe the other 2 are going in tonight.
20170522_140533-768x1365.jpg

Finally got chance to get the polar haze into the ground today. Well 1 pipe the other 2 are going in tonight.
View attachment 752435
Exciting times!

So do you let them all just crack on to do their thing or do you thin out the weaker ones after a week or two like you would do with other garden crops?

Cheers
Swan

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Exciting times!

So do you let them all just crack on to do their thing or do you thin out the weaker ones after a week or two like you would do with other garden crops?

Cheers
Swan

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
I will thin out any really weak one because they will just get over grown anyway. They will be roughly 50 male's to remove. Probably 5 or 6 slug victims. From 100 regular seeds spaced over 3 rows like this I will expect to finish around 30-40 plants. On average around 12 plant to each row will make it to harvest on a regular seed plant out like this. :thumbsup:

you blew my mind pal im in the north of eng i have a few indoor grows under my belt i have a few seedlings under my cfl ready to take the plunge outside can you suggest a good compost to get me through the veg part then i can top up neut wise later on i dont want to mix my own if that makes sense

I gotta ask because I am only just starting to grow out autos for the first time - super autos I should clarify. If I was outside with regular photo period there's no way I would ever plant seedlings that close to each other referring to the picture above with all that haze seed in a row...should be a foot away from each plant minimum distance with photo periods but am not sure about autos...and I also have to ask - do you guys have a slug problem when it gets wet? I lost half of my outdoor last summer due to slugs. I don't see any slug bait around your seedlings...I don't see any perimeter cord or wire or wood fencing painted green...I don't see anything to protect your plants. If you did that where I am out in the bush you could kiss your plants goodbye and the money you spent buying them...I'll leave the soil mix discussion for now...

you blew my mind pal im in the north of eng i have a few indoor grows under my belt i have a few seedlings under my cfl ready to take the plunge outside can you suggest a good compost to get me through the veg part then i can top up neut wise later on i dont want to mix my own if that makes sense
If your going gorilla style growing any compost or coco with 1 hand full of fish blood and bone works fine. If the soil is not ph tested a hand full of garden lime each hole to. Just amend the native soil works best it reduces the chance of root shock when your roots it the native soil if your just filling holes. During growth just full a few bottles with nettles and water on site it works really good, :thumbsup:

I gotta ask because I am only just starting to grow out autos for the first time - super autos I should clarify. If I was outside with regular photo period there's no way I would ever plant seedlings that close to each other referring to the picture above with all that haze seed in a row...should be a foot away from each plant minimum distance with photo periods but am not sure about autos...and I also have to ask - do you guys have a slug problem when it gets wet? I lost half of my outdoor last summer due to slugs. I don't see any slug bait around your seedlings...I don't see any perimeter cord or wire or wood fencing painted green...I don't see anything to protect your plants. If you did that where I am out in the bush you could kiss your plants goodbye and the money you spent buying them...I'll leave the soil mix discussion for now...
Their is slug pellets around the area but not the plants. The reason I dont cover my plants with them is simple. Slug pellets attract slugs so I bait about 2ft away from my plants.

Now with this type of planting I dont want big bushy plant. The row is around 13ft and by the time I remove runts and male's I will be left with about 13 plant to each row. 1ft per plant staggered in a zig zag pattern and Light stress trained. :thumbsup:

If your going gorilla style growing any compost or coco with 1 hand full of fish blood and bone works fine. If the soil is not ph tested a hand full of garden lime each hole to. Just amend the native soil works best it reduces the chance of root shock when your roots it the native soil if your just filling holes. During growth just full a few bottles with nettles and water on site it works really good, :thumbsup:
cheers for the info im a coco grower i have had no experience with compost or soil is there store bought soil thats ph ready for them i just want to keep it simple as possible and thanks for the reply brock :slap: a little rep for your trouble

cheers for the info im a coco grower i have had no experience with compost or soil is there store bought soil thats ph ready for them i just want to keep it simple as possible and thanks for the reply brock :slap: a little rep for your trouble
Use coco mate. The compressed bales you get are a favourite for GGers. They fit in a bag easy, no water to carry to site if you drop them a few weeks early. No ph problem ether. Just big it into the native soil you can even use your old spent coco from your indoor grows. A small hand full of Fish blood and bone and a large hand full of coco. Dig it into your native soil and that's it your good to plant your sprouted seed or pre started seedlings, cuttings. It really is that simple. Finding good safe site's is the hardest part. The thing to remember is every site is different. For example this site i have the Polar haze in is full of stones and because of that I need extra compost or coco. For the seedlings to get established. I have another site not to far from this one that hardly as any stone's and good soil. I dont even add compost or coco just a little feed to this site. If the soil was bogged I would grow in full or half bags of compost or soil with the top and bottom cut off. Every year you grow in a site your learn to adapt a little better to it. If your growing around 55lat UK I would recommend a calcium feed pre flower or even early flower. Mares tail tea is a good organic feed for this purpose.

Last edited:
Back