Outdoor Opi's 2015 greenhouse action!

opi8250

Guardian of space sector 2814
Reaction score
Well, it may still only be February, but it sure the hell feels like spring here on Vancouver Island, so it seems to me like a good time to start prepping for my greenhouse babies this year!

I've just finished mixing up my soil. Its not exactly what I was planning, as my plans seem to change drastically day by day, but I'm pleased with it. It's a mix of organic fish compost and kelp meal, with organic peat soil, Canadian Sphagnum Peat moss, and nice aged organic compost. I've also mixed in some epsoma Bio-Tone plus, lime, vermiculite, and coarse sand. Hopefully it performs well!

20150223_163733.jpg

I also have some fish emultion, kelp juice, worm juice, molasses, humas, and various other goodies for teas when/if I feel the need for them.

Along with all those goodies, I've also purchased a new can-9000 carbon filter for my tent. My old one gave in after a fight with a Cream Mandarine... It was just a cheapo little thing. This one should last much longer.

20150223_163713.jpg

I'll be starting the babies in there under a 250 watt cfl for a couple weeks until it's time to go outside. I'm hoping to start them some time in April after the wife is finished using the space for her veggies, and move em out in may.

I'll probably only be throwing 3 plants out there this year, so I have some strain selecting to do. I'll update again when I have them figured out.

Subbed up home slice, days are getting longer! Soil sounds dope, I'll be up in here on the regy

:peace:

Right on my brother! Glad to have you along for another ride!

I've jumped the gun a little I guess, considering it is still February after all, so it'll be a little slow around here for a while.. Might as well take this time to party! :Sharing One: :Aloha:

*edit*

My auto correct totally decided to replace "party" with *orgy*... So you know... Whichever....

Subbed up home slice, days are getting longer! Soil sounds dope, I'll be up in here on the regy

:peace:

Last edited:
Yeah, that's quite a recipe.... :) Connoisseur gastro-fare!

Seeing as how I have this here journal, and nothing actually growing, seems to me like this will be a good spot to post some random shit that I like, laugh at, or just have an interest in... I like sharing stuff I like.

Heres a sweet video I found while browsing youtube. This young chick's father must be one of the proudest parents on earth! Fellow tool fans, you will definitely appreciate this one.

[video=youtube;6gUmkLSU50k]http://youtu.be/6gUmkLSU50k[/video]

If there's one thing that drives me crazy, it's an empty grow space... I just can't handle it.

So here we have Mrs. Opi's basil babies Chilling out in the light.

20150225_083319.jpg

Seeing that makes me want to get another tent strictly for an indoor herb garden. Mmm I can just imagine the aroma when the door opens!

mmmmmm, spring......that magical time of the year when a young man's fancy turns to love........3d_emoticon_fingerWaggle.gif

I'm bored. And haven't brewed a tea in a while... I Miss the smell...

So I made a simple little brew with some rain water, fish, ewc, and molasses to moisten my soil with, and give it a little jump start.

20150225_130904.jpg

Hey opi, check out azomite for a mineral supplement in yo soil mix bra. I'm no expert or organic guru but just though I'd share it witcha. Glacial rock dust or volcanic ash would also do the trick. I just grabbef a 44 lb bag from my local hydro shop.

Back