Some questions:
1) How many times per day or week is too much? What are the downsides and signs/symptoms of to frequent OF use? Are there any potential upsides of more frequent use? What are the benefits/risks of more frequent use?
2) What are the signs/symptoms of too much OF (dosages too high)? What are the downsides and signs/symptoms of excess OF that we should look out for? What are the benefits/risks of higher doses?
3) Many or most of use of have boosted liquid nutrient levels, pushing plants to their maximum nutrient intake. Can we do much the same with OF? What might such a program look like?

Here is a full auto garden all the plants have been treated..
:pass:this is my best run.. Because of optic!!
I spray once a day after day 15 and stop at day 50ish or so.
I mix at 5ml to a spray bottle using tap water. I use all the optic folier line. It has never burned a leaf..
They get taller wider and just all around better in many ways..
I also get better branching and bud sites for that reason.
1485828472129713048257.jpg

Look at the size of the lower buds..

Last edited:
a mate got kicked out so i have some of his seedlings in my tent, 4 unkown autos and a photo liberty haze, soil and under 600w, giving them a spray every 2 days. Looking good so far.

also have seeds on order for a hydro grow and a new globe, not sure how to shuffle them all but they all will get the OF treatment from now on!

pics soon, f6

The labeling says 3x applications per week, so I was doing Mon, Weds, Fri. Using it more than recommended might not have much real benefit, and could burn a plant if really overused. I don't really have the other answers. :smoking::biggrin::d5:

Some questions:
1) How many times per day or week is too much? What are the downsides and signs/symptoms of to frequent OF use? Are there any potential upsides of more frequent use? What are the benefits/risks of more frequent use?
2) What are the signs/symptoms of too much OF (dosages too high)? What are the downsides and signs/symptoms of excess OF that we should look out for? What are the benefits/risks of higher doses?
3) Many or most of use of have boosted liquid nutrient levels, pushing plants to their maximum nutrient intake. Can we do much the same with OF? What might such a program look like?

Final Report: Flower Smoke & Hash Vape Report:
[HASHTAG]#OpticFoliar[/HASHTAG] test, [HASHTAG]#Dinafem[/HASHTAG] Industrial Plant CBD Auto (@Dinafem-Mark)
Hey friends! Here is the final report on the puff puff! I tested flower from both the sprayed test plant and the non-sprayed control plant. Parameters for this was combustion in a basic old stone pipe. I also tested the hash from the sprayed test plant. Parameters for this is vaporization in a Pulsar brand APX. I saved a few nugs of the tester plant and the rest went right to hash.

Some final dried and ready bud pics:
20170131_125153.jpg

20170131_125212.jpg

20170131_125207.jpg

--------
Report on the sprayed tester plant bud smoke:
The jar smell was very strong of lemon, lime, pine, detergent, no hay smell or other unwanted fragrances. No chemical-ey smell which is something I had concerns about when we began this test. The first green puff was a very pleasant lime, a little musk, and an overall "clean" type of taste. Waited a couple minutes, I could tell this was going to be really great medicine! Second puff started to have that lovely resinous taste, musky, still clean and hints of lemon/lime. Back pain now diminishing, slight auditory improvement. Third and fourth puffs were very resinous, very strong and thick, all pain now gone, still feel clean and coherent. The CBD seems to be doing its job counteracting any heavy head effects. Still I can tell there's some good THC in there. Great improvement in auditory clarity and volume. That's it for that one, all in all very good medicine, very strong but not mental, absolutely no detectable hints that the plant had been sprayed. A+++
--------
Report on the control plant bud smoke:
I didn't finish the tester bowl, I emptied the rest into the old skuff jar for later so I could still be clear enough to test the control bud accurately. About an hour passed between. The jar smell was also lemon and lime, though not as strong, more musky scents, also no hay smell or undesirable traits. First green puff was very strong lime taste, it tasted less earthy and generally less robust in flavor profile. Second puff provided a sudden sharp pine taste, that was interesting! Now at this point I spaced out for about 20 minutes and didn't even realize it lol! But I was outside taking in the sun, birds, and wind. Third and fourth puffs caused a little coughing but not in a bad way, somewhat resinous now, continued to taste a little less robust and flavorful. That's it for that, also great medicine, no problems with mental clarity aside from the one space trip lol.
--------
Conclusion is that, surprisingly, the Optic Foliar bud tasted better, was definitely stronger, and had a wider terpene profile it seemed. When we started this, I had concerns the bud might taste chemical-ey but this was not the case. Lastly it must be noted that the two plants seemed to be separate phenotypes during the later part of the grow, so some differences may be due to that. It does make sense though that if the plant is having her needs met better, by using the Optic Foliar, that it would have more energy to use for making trichomes and more terpenes.
----------------
Hash test time! Wow this stuff is stinky, it might be one of the most beautiful smells that has passed my nose lol. Jar smells very strong of resin, some musk, and of course some lemon/lime. Just wow, like knock your socks off wow!
20170203_204149.jpg

IMG_20170203_204453.jpg

Report on the hash vaporization:
Oh boy, this is really something else. Did this test a couple days after the smoke test, so I know for sure there's no crossover of effects. It's the first real CBD strong stuff I've ever had, and I'm thinking that vaping the hash or concentrates is the way to consume this. First draw was a powerful blast of lemon, lime, and pine, with a dash of that "clean" type taste. Zero chemical or artificial tastes. It felt very medicinal and healing. Second draw lost some of the flavors of course but gained a stronger overall feeling to it. Pains are now almost completely gone. Few moments later and I took some more draws, wow really strong stuff guys, this is clearly serious medicine. Body is feeling great, slight improvement in visual brightness, moderate improvement in auditory volume and clarity. Continued drawing until it felt spent, feeling excellent, muscles relaxed, pain all gone, only slight mental effects. I couldn't detect that it came from a plant that was treated in any way. For me vaping it always really kicks in about 10 minutes after finishing, and it did indeed. The peak was clean but extremely strong feeling, I think unless you have a superman tolerance, that just a couple draws on a hash vape is enough to be appropriately medicated for a couple hours if you need to work or operate anything heavy. Before bed is the better time to hit it hard if needed, just in my opinion from my tolerance standpoint.
----
Well I think that wraps it up for me here, I'm a believer now for sure! I'll be continuing to use the product in my hempy bucket thread in my signature if you want to see more usage, they're still babies now but are looking amazing! Peace and love friends!

Final Report: Flower Smoke & Hash Vape Report:
[HASHTAG]#OpticFoliar[/HASHTAG] test, [HASHTAG]#Dinafem[/HASHTAG] Industrial Plant CBD Auto (@Dinafem-Mark)
Hey friends! Here is the final report on the puff puff! I tested flower from both the sprayed test plant and the non-sprayed control plant. Parameters for this was combustion in a basic old stone pipe. I also tested the hash from the sprayed test plant. Parameters for this is vaporization in a Pulsar brand APX. I saved a few nugs of the tester plant and the rest went right to hash.

Some final dried and ready bud pics:
View attachment 696918
View attachment 696920
View attachment 696919
--------
Report on the sprayed tester plant bud smoke:
The jar smell was very strong of lemon, lime, pine, detergent, no hay smell or other unwanted fragrances. No chemical-ey smell which is something I had concerns about when we began this test. The first green puff was a very pleasant lime, a little musk, and an overall "clean" type of taste. Waited a couple minutes, I could tell this was going to be really great medicine! Second puff started to have that lovely resinous taste, musky, still clean and hints of lemon/lime. Back pain now diminishing, slight auditory improvement. Third and fourth puffs were very resinous, very strong and thick, all pain now gone, still feel clean and coherent. The CBD seems to be doing its job counteracting any heavy head effects. Still I can tell there's some good THC in there. Great improvement in auditory clarity and volume. That's it for that one, all in all very good medicine, very strong but not mental, absolutely no detectable hints that the plant had been sprayed. A+++
--------
Report on the control plant bud smoke:
I didn't finish the tester bowl, I emptied the rest into the old skuff jar for later so I could still be clear enough to test the control bud accurately. About an hour passed between. The jar smell was also lemon and lime, though not as strong, more musky scents, also no hay smell or undesirable traits. First green puff was very strong lime taste, it tasted less earthy and generally less robust in flavor profile. Second puff provided a sudden sharp pine taste, that was interesting! Now at this point I spaced out for about 20 minutes and didn't even realize it lol! But I was outside taking in the sun, birds, and wind. Third and fourth puffs caused a little coughing but not in a bad way, somewhat resinous now, continued to taste a little less robust and flavorful. That's it for that, also great medicine, no problems with mental clarity aside from the one space trip lol.
--------
Conclusion is that, surprisingly, the Optic Foliar bud tasted better, was definitely stronger, and had a wider terpene profile it seemed. When we started this, I had concerns the bud might taste chemical-ey but this was not the case. Lastly it must be noted that the two plants seemed to be separate phenotypes during the later part of the grow, so some differences may be due to that. It does make sense though that if the plant is having her needs met better, by using the Optic Foliar, that it would have more energy to use for making trichomes and more terpenes.
----------------
Hash test time! Wow this stuff is stinky, it might be one of the most beautiful smells that has passed my nose lol. Jar smells very strong of resin, some musk, and of course some lemon/lime. Just wow, like knock your socks off wow!
View attachment 696921
View attachment 696922
Report on the hash vaporization:
Oh boy, this is really something else. Did this test a couple days after the smoke test, so I know for sure there's no crossover of effects. It's the first real CBD strong stuff I've ever had, and I'm thinking that vaping the hash or concentrates is the way to consume this. First draw was a powerful blast of lemon, lime, and pine, with a dash of that "clean" type taste. Zero chemical or artificial tastes. It felt very medicinal and healing. Second draw lost some of the flavors of course but gained a stronger overall feeling to it. Pains are now almost completely gone. Few moments later and I took some more draws, wow really strong stuff guys, this is clearly serious medicine. Body is feeling great, slight improvement in visual brightness, moderate improvement in auditory volume and clarity. Continued drawing until it felt spent, feeling excellent, muscles relaxed, pain all gone, only slight mental effects. I couldn't detect that it came from a plant that was treated in any way. For me vaping it always really kicks in about 10 minutes after finishing, and it did indeed. The peak was clean but extremely strong feeling, I think unless you have a superman tolerance, that just a couple draws on a hash vape is enough to be appropriately medicated for a couple hours if you need to work or operate anything heavy. Before bed is the better time to hit it hard if needed, just in my opinion from my tolerance standpoint.
----
Well I think that wraps it up for me here, I'm a believer now for sure! I'll be continuing to use the product in my hempy bucket thread in my signature if you want to see more usage, they're still babies now but are looking amazing! Peace and love friends!
very well done!!! :slap:

Question for @opticfoliar ,i have recently found that the bottled distilled water i use has a pH of 9.2, I assume its still okay to use this way,i mean,i have been and dont see any issues??

Question for @opticfoliar ,i have recently found that the bottled distilled water i use has a pH of 9.2, I assume its still okay to use this way,i mean,i have been and dont see any issues??
Distilled water can not be ph,d it is a false reading.. distilled water has zero dissolvable solids in it.

Distilled water can not be ph,d it is a false reading.. distilled water has zero dissolvable solids in it.

You're thinking EC/TDS there. Distilled water definitely can be measured for pH. Several entire industries depend on precise pH of distilled water :pass:

I am very intrigued about this product though. So many questions through my mind it's not even funny :haha:

Back