Outdoor Northern UK Growers

Reaction score
I'm sure that I've no need to suggest that folks are vigilant with respect to bud rot, but I thought that you might like to know that I've had my first potato blight warning. It's not the same, but the conditions which lead to blight are the same as those which encourage bud rot. It does you no harm to know when it is most likely to strike, even if you can't do much about it.

Thanks for the heads up. I just got back from a couple of weeks in Spain and will need to now go and do a closer inspection. I had to crop early because of rot last year and would hate for the same thing to happen again - but as outdoor growers we take our chances with the weather on Scotland.

In parallel universe somewhere I'm doing three crops a year under the Spanish sunshine.

rot_01.jpg rot_02.jpg

Well mould strikes here on some of the 'outsiders'. Not surprising really, temps have been generally low with hot humid snaps, overcast sky with lots of frequent rainshowers. I'm surprised they lasted so long really. We need a mould resistant super auto for Scotland (please).

Back