Outdoor Northern Lights Auto Mini Forest

4 Week olds are in the greenhouse.

These are 3 weeks. The 1st one is the result of a PH variance a couple weeks ago. 4 are like this, but they should recover without harm. :frowny1:
2.jpg

3 weeks, 3 nodes.
3.jpg

2 weeks.
I found 5 Revolver so I thought.... While I'm at it...
Last time I grew these they stunk up the yard from 150 feet away.
1.jpg

GG4 Photos at 2 weeks have stretched even with the lights 2 inches off, and lost 4 seedlings already. (big sigh).

Had to stop amending 150 holes in a new spot this morning because these guys showed up. One of my spots is directly in front of the lead tractor separated by 30 feet of bush next to a creek.
The second truck is spreading lime so I'll have slightly PH'd runoff when it rains, and there's 50 Angus beef grazing pasture in the next field downstream. Plants will be drinking tea all summer. NL x Angus on deck!:shooty:
planting time - may 9.png

Pulled the trigger on 45 holes today. Dug deep, then reversed to keep the soil in the hole, and amendments added.

Premixed Amendments
Fish/blood/bone meal, seaweed meal,chicken pellets, dolomitic lime, epsom salts, root-stim, myke mycorrhizae, turbinado sugar, perlite.

Now let the animals investigate for a few weeks.
(You can't see it, but there's a big ass creek between this spot and corn field.)
Image1.jpg

Image2.jpg

Image3.jpg

Pulled the trigger on 45 holes today. Dug deep, then reversed to keep the soil in the hole, and amendments added.

Premixed Amendments
Fish/blood/bone meal, seaweed meal,chicken pellets, dolomitic lime, epsom salts, root-stim, myke mycorrhizae, turbinado sugar, perlite.

Now let the animals investigate for a few weeks.
(You can't see it, but there's a big ass creek between this spot and corn field.)
View attachment 904082

View attachment 904083

View attachment 904085
Nice system man ! I’m curious though, if you don’t smoke , do you do it for the adrenaline rush ? Lol or are you trying to retire early lol! I do it for the love , smoke & the adrenaline rush . Plus some side cash never hurts either ! I love to hunt , so sneaking around in the woods is second nature. Plus it’s a good excuse if you’re on public land . I just say I’m scouting for deer to see how many survived the winter. I dig with one of those folding Vietnam shovels that I can hide in a pack , though most times I do it at night with 4th generation night vision. I’ll go in the daylight if it’s a light steady rain also , because most people avoid it . Camo rain gear is the shit ! That drill is the ticket though, I think I’m getting one . I’m gonna modify the auger & cut it down to 2 ft . So I can hide it in a pack . Thanks for the idea brother , stay frosty & good luck !

Nice system man ! I’m curious though, if you don’t smoke , do you do it for the adrenaline rush ? Lol or are you trying to retire early lol! I do it for the love , smoke & the adrenaline rush . Plus some side cash never hurts either ! I love to hunt , so sneaking around in the woods is second nature. Plus it’s a good excuse if you’re on public land . I just say I’m scouting for deer to see how many survived the winter. I dig with one of those folding Vietnam shovels that I can hide in a pack , though most times I do it at night with 4th generation night vision. I’ll go in the daylight if it’s a light steady rain also , because most people avoid it . Camo rain gear is the shit ! That drill is the ticket though, I think I’m getting one . I’m gonna modify the auger & cut it down to 2 ft . So I can hide it in a pack . Thanks for the idea brother , stay frosty & good luck !

I smoke, but a joint lasts me a week. I'm a total lightweight. One good haul is perfect, but two gets me ripped and I don't like getting fucked up unless I'm going to bed because it makes me sleep like a 17 year old. Hell, I even wake up late sometimes. :mrgreen:

Ya... A bit for the rush of growing lots, exercise, the outdoors, but there's not much of an adrenaline rush though. Just a shit load of work. What would the cops say if I got caught now? "Hey you, quit digging holes by the riverbank" :rolleyes1:. The adrenaline will kick in a couple weeks before harvest and will last until I hand it off to the sales department. But honestly, I started this as a hobby because I'm close to retirement (IM/IT consulting) and don't want to get fat or join a Lawn Bowling league. The money's ok, but not the primary driver.

I have a good camera and telephoto lens I carry when I'm out and take a lot of useless pictures. If you can do it with a shovel, then that rocks. I hate carrying shit. That's a modified ice auger above and is too heavy to carry far with everything else. I have a smaller garden auger (2'x2 3/4") that really kicks ass and lets me dig and ream 100+ holes on one battery. Hard to beat for $35.
2 inch auger.png

I do almost everything early dawn. I have the last holes going in tomorrow morning and friday if the timing is right. Thank god because the black flies and mosquitoes are kicking my ass.

Last edited:
Kicking ass man, can't wait see them in their holes... how big do you expect them to get? all autos?
250 Autos and 275 Photos. But the photo count will go way way down because the Honduran and Jamaican germination is the worst I've ever seen and seedlings are dropping like flies :(

Back