MarsHydro Light Shows 2023 NORBY grows Sawney beans - FORUM STOMPER-DOUBLE GRAPE+PLANET OF THE GRAPES & EL JEFE "THE BOSS" & Dutch Passions SFV OG (Mars Hydro TSW 2000)

MarsHydro Light Shows 2023
I'm gona be copying my previous den design as its a perfect template for this new one I'm building. But slightly bigger.
This is just the starting stage of putting things together and may take a while. But it will be done lol
The frame is 120 x 100 cm x 145 cm tall.
And is crudely made Out of pallets cut to size.
It looks rough but each side will be covered in damp course plastic to make 4 panels that gets screwed together with corner brackets after it's placed in the hole.

After the hole is dug I dig a French drain in the centre of the hole floor.
Set a few blocks down.
The I cover the hole in plastic and set in the base pallet and set the frame ontop of that and screw it all together.
Drop more plastic into the inside of the box.
Put the roof panel on and wrap it all up nice and tidy inside with plastic using a stapler.
Then the outside of the box will get wrapped in the first piece of plastic that was put in the hole around the outside.
I will explain on how I make and add on the hallway and entrance a different day as well as how the exhaust and inline fan and power cable gets added too. Lol
And then the covering up when completed. Lol

But I hope up get an idea on how it's done. View attachment 1615030View attachment 1615032View attachment 1615033this is the possible location for the build. View attachment 1615034View attachment 1615036View attachment 1615041
Total respect thats going to be epic when done :thumbsup:

Have u thought about lining the hole completely? Then encase around the pallets/box leaving a hole for your entry point and exhaust?

Tbh mate ever since seeing your 1st den I have thought about it a lot looool and I think you would create more of an environment if u basically create a sealed box lol

Have u thought about lining the hole completely? Then encase around the pallets/box leaving a hole for your entry point and exhaust?

Tbh mate ever since seeing your 1st den I have thought about it a lot looool and I think you would create more of an environment if u basically create a sealed box lol
The whole box gets sealed.
I add the holes after and squeeze pipes in horizontal through the plastic by heating and melting it with a solder iron. Then squeeze the pipes in tight and seal with expanding foam.
The pipes go in horizontal to stop the travel of any rain water that may run along the outside of the pipe. And then it will run down the outside of the first layer of damp course.
The hole gets lined in 3 layers of strong thick damp course that covers the outside of the box.
Inside also has 3 layers.
So there's plenty of layers to stop any water from above.
After I add the hallway I cut the damp corse into the box.
The first damp course layer covers the hall and the box and seals everything.
I then add a hatch and cap over with more plastic. Then add a door.
Any water will fun down sides and under the Den and into the drain

Power cord also needs to have a drop down loop then back up and then in the den for the same reason to stop any dampness following the cord and in.

Abit confusing but it works lol

The hole is completly covered.
It wrapps it all up at the end.
Then it's also capped with more plastic.
This time I'm gona use corrogated tin that has a slight curvature to go over the top before the roof soil gets threw over the top.

The hole is completly covered.
It wrapps it all up at the end.
Then it's also capped with more plastic.
This time I'm gona use corrogated tin that has a slight curvature to go over the top before the roof soil gets threw over the top.
The whole box gets sealed.
I add the holes after and squeeze pipes in horizontal through the plastic by heating and melting it with a solder iron. Then squeeze the pipes in tight and seal with expanding foam.
The pipes go in horizontal to stop the travel of any rain water that may run along the outside of the pipe. And then it will run down the outside of the first layer of damp course.
The hole gets lined in 3 layers of strong thick damp course that covers the outside of the box.
Inside also has 3 layers.
So there's plenty of layers to stop any water from above.
After I add the hallway I cut the damp corse into the box.
The first damp course layer covers the hall and the box and seals everything.
I then add a hatch and cap over with more plastic. Then add a door.
Any water will fun down sides and under the Den and into the drain

Power cord also needs to have a drop down loop then back up and then in the den for the same reason to stop any dampness following the cord and in.

Abit confusing but it works lol
Niiice bro!
Does the French drain work even in heavy rain? (I suppose u can’t really tell once the den is built lol)

Niiice bro!
Does the French drain work even in heavy rain? (I suppose u can’t really tell once the den is built lol)
i can access the exit side of the drain from the hallway if i need cos the floor in the hallway is, drain channel, covered with 2 roof tiles, dampcourse layer with wood cut to size on the floor, i removed that tho so i had more feet room lol so the floor is just the damcourse and tiles now, the dampcosre can be sliced easy if needed to remove the tiles to get to the drain.
but never a problem so no problem

Evicted
When I went down for a look last night I noticed that the right Wellington boot had powder mildew & holes everywhere on the bottom leave and upon inspection I noticed 3 tiny green bugs on the leaves and a few tiny moving specs which I can only assume is mites.
So the Boot got the boot and now is sitting outside. Gona spray with bug spray and let it sit outside.

I think the mildew happened when the fan got knocked off by mistake for like 8 hours
Got more space now.
IMG_20230717_113643.jpg
IMG_20230717_113649.jpg
IMG_20230717_114453.jpg

Last edited:
Back