Seed Stockers Nicole Cream Auto and Candy Dawg Auto - Medimadness' 1st Battle

Seedstockers second to last update

Candy Dawg Auto day 89 In soil and cutting things very close. Too close.

I feel that my optimism is required, and it's there but it is thinning as we are a week from deadline and she has yet to fill out enough to even think about reducing her last feed in advance for a few days if clean water, and with trichs showing the sort of colouring that you would be expect by looking at her buds (a fair amount cloudy but not enough)

Still I keep hope as her development is good and healthy and whatever happens she's a great plant to grow and aamazing aroma which is what counts to me

She really is beautiful too, amazing colouring in both bud and foliage
IMG_20190419_192032.jpg
IMG_20190419_192020.jpg
IMG_20190419_192015.jpg

Also Nicole Cream here finally making some great progress and looking to be the best of yields and fantastic aroma after the time she deserves. Such a big plant with so much buds to support and grow is probably going to take longer from what I've been reading which I am happy with.
Patience is something I must learn.
IMG_20190419_191458.jpg

Peace out AFN

CD doesn't look tooooo far off though, maybe she'll do you a solid and surprise you in the last week. NC looking nice too. Kinda wish I'd requested that over the Fruit Cake which seems to be super inconsistent. So much so that I've abandoned my plans to enter her into the battle and gone for a good ol' Super Skunk instead. Can't go wrong with a skunk really...

CD doesn't look tooooo far off though, maybe she'll do you a solid and surprise you in the last week. NC looking nice too. Kinda wish I'd requested that over the Fruit Cake which seems to be super inconsistent. So much so that I've abandoned my plans to enter her into the battle and gone for a good ol' Super Skunk instead. Can't go wrong with a skunk really...

Trust man, I've found that with the zamnesia critical cheese aswell, set up a tent in my mates house and this time she finished just as quick and without that late defol the buds filled out well. No pics though as I was just showing him a grow before he does it with less help but I'm trying to get him on here lol.

Think I'll be ordering more of the Dope seeds Northern lights as it's a smoke similar to the original while maybe less pungent spicy but they always finish within 80 days and thats with pretty huge buds.

Didn't get any pics of the last one before chop as things are so hectic here, but I'll get some dried pics up ASAP as the Nugs are pretty nice with a uniform density again which I find very appealing in a plant.

But for sure man, if I went round and did this battle again though I would have just filled the tent with CDs and smashed out a fast flowering one. Live and learn

Photos is where I'm going though, the lack of control that autos offer me in an indoor setting isn't as desirable to me now that I know what I'm doing and I want to accomplish true perpeutally rotating crop and start breeding for fun so I think I'll start after this tent full.

You never know what an auto will do lol I even had one seed in a crop and yet saw no hemaphrodite traits before I harvested them so figure that out :wall: risk of contamination from outside pollen is super low. Call it a ganja fairy who knows. Now I'm imagining a green fairys dust pollenating my plants.

Sorry, I did loads of edibles earlier and I kinda went off haha I'm sure there's a point here

Trust man, I've found that with the zamnesia critical cheese aswell, set up a tent in my mates house and this time she finished just as quick and without that late defol the buds filled out well. No pics though as I was just showing him a grow before he does it with less help but I'm trying to get him on here lol.

Think I'll be ordering more of the Dope seeds Northern lights as it's a smoke similar to the original while maybe less pungent spicy but they always finish within 80 days and thats with pretty huge buds.

Didn't get any pics of the last one before chop as things are so hectic here, but I'll get some dried pics up ASAP as the Nugs are pretty nice with a uniform density again which I find very appealing in a plant.

But for sure man, if I went round and did this battle again though I would have just filled the tent with CDs and smashed out a fast flowering one. Live and learn

Photos is where I'm going though, the lack of control that autos offer me in an indoor setting isn't as desirable to me now that I know what I'm doing and I want to accomplish true perpeutally rotating crop and start breeding for fun so I think I'll start after this tent full.

You never know what an auto will do lol I even had one seed in a crop and yet saw no hemaphrodite traits before I harvested them so figure that out :wall: risk of contamination from outside pollen is super low. Call it a ganja fairy who knows. Now I'm imagining a green fairys dust pollenating my plants.

Sorry, I did loads of edibles earlier and I kinda went off haha I'm sure there's a point here
I'll have a look at the NL from them in that case. They all seem to finish so late, so if there's one that goes under 100 days, my interest is peaked.

I'll have a diesel, skunk and a cheese in there this round, so a very 90s tent. Should be fun and there's a Zkittles in there as well to bring it all into the present!

I hear you with the photos. In a way they're kind of easier, especially if there are slow starters and training is much easier than with autos. If I could have three tents i'd go for perpetual auto tent to satisfy my need for variety as well as a veg tent and a flower tent.

My friend has been breeding and has developed a strain he call Terry. I really want to do a cross with it one day, it would be a lot of fun!

There are also just so many strains I want to try that don't exist in auto form. I gotta admit I'm a sucker for some of these new hype strains. Seeing so many Wedding Cake crosses I want to try, Mac 1, Breath, Dosidos... the list goes on.

Anyway, for the time being it's just the one tent and I'll stick with autos as I just get a bit bored of smoking the same thing. It increases the rotation and so far they've mostly been a success. I've seen minimal difference in yield or potency between the two but I didn't really know what I was doing with my first photo grow, which was also my first grow ever. It would be interesting to see how it went now.

Im with you on this one bro! After 13 years of growing i thought i would give autos a try but honestly wish i hadnt!! Dont get me wrong there are some brilliant results from them but the inconsistency from them is unreal! This is my second time doin autos, and out of three fruit cakes i have, a short indica dom that will probs go about 14weeks from seed, a sativa dom thats looking like its gonna take 16-17 weeks and a sativa dom non auto!! Its almost 3months old and still hasnt started to flower so its defo a photoperiod!
I am seeing more and more complaints about people finding photoperiod seeds in packs of auto so thats a big red flag for me!
Back to growing feminised photos for this guy!!
For a perpetual grow i would check out the fast photo strains that are going about! Someone has done one in the big battle and its a wee cracker and finished in 70odd days! If this can be consistently done i honestly dont see the point in autos!
Similar growth time (possibly, never know with autos).
12/12 light schedule so save money on leccy and less stress on electrical components!
Less feed used!
And from what ive seen a decent yield of nice solid buds (autos can look a bit airy).
And also the ability to clone and reveg if you find a pheno that you really like!
Just my two pennies lol ✌✌

Im with you on this one bro! After 13 years of growing i thought i would give autos a try but honestly wish i hadnt!! Dont get me wrong there are some brilliant results from them but the inconsistency from them is unreal! This is my second time doin autos, and out of three fruit cakes i have, a short indica dom that will probs go about 14weeks from seed, a sativa dom thats looking like its gonna take 16-17 weeks and a sativa dom non auto!! Its almost 3months old and still hasnt started to flower so its defo a photoperiod!
I am seeing more and more complaints about people finding photoperiod seeds in packs of auto so thats a big red flag for me!
For a perpetual grow i would check out the fast photo strains that are going about! Someone has done one in the big battle and its a wee cracker and finished in 70odd days! If this can be consistently done i honestly dont see the point in autos!
12/12 light schedule so save money on leccy and less stress on electrical components!
Less feed used!
And from what ive seen a decent yield of nice solid buds (autos can look a bit airy).
And also the ability to clone and reveg if you find a pheno that you really like!

That's what I was thinking exactly, to do a big ass fast flower grow to fill up some jars and then get a perpetual garden going after I figure out a fave indica, sativa and hybrid and then just clone off the three mother's indefinitely.

Outdoor is where I see the real potential for autos in the Northern hemisphere and they are much quicker but seem to reach great sizes and just generally more resilient that indoors. Plus the genetic dominance is really unimportant in a field of green, but if I want a sea of green that's a different story.

Really all my experience is with plants that are more reactive to light cycles and also happier in richer soil/ organic compost based substrates where bottled feeding is only really required at the last veg stage and then during flower regularly but I've had autos do poorly in even all-mix which really isnt to hot.

I'm also in to the more sustainable method of growing Vs the use of bottles and I just can't figure that out for an auto yet.
Photos on the other hand have so much available literature for supporting them sustainably that give results on par with the bottles if not better in some contexts and that extra experience behind photo growing is really going to come in handy

Moral of this story is don't be afraid to get stuck in with photos because autos are no easier :crying:

I'll have a look at the NL from them in that case. They all seem to finish so late, so if there's one that goes under 100 days, my interest is peaked.

I'll have a diesel, skunk and a cheese in there this round, so a very 90s tent. Should be fun and there's a Zkittles in there as well to bring it all into the present!

I hear you with the photos. In a way they're kind of easier, especially if there are slow starters and training is much easier than with autos. If I could have three tents i'd go for perpetual auto tent to satisfy my need for variety as well as a veg tent and a flower tent.

My friend has been breeding and has developed a strain he call Terry. I really want to do a cross with it one day, it would be a lot of fun!

There are also just so many strains I want to try that don't exist in auto form. I gotta admit I'm a sucker for some of these new hype strains. Seeing so many Wedding Cake crosses I want to try, Mac 1, Breath, Dosidos... the list goes on.

Anyway, for the time being it's just the one tent and I'll stick with autos as I just get a bit bored of smoking the same thing. It increases the rotation and so far they've mostly been a success. I've seen minimal difference in yield or potency between the two but I didn't really know what I was doing with my first photo grow, which was also my first grow ever. It would be interesting to see how it went now.

Yeah I hear you, but I have to he honest and don't buy too much in to the new hype strains. A few, but most are very similar to others and very often a similar cross is simply labeled something awesome. Especially suspicious of that when I see a company leaving me in the dark of lineage lol

Honestly to this day some of the best weed I've ever smoked are like multi-generational inbred landrace sativas and their offspring. After that the weed gets stronger and stronger in certain refined aspects but that's the bud that takes me to a plain of like pure bliss that only few modern strains have hit the same way.

I used to think it was all because I was younger then and life was better before the flux of population but then I tried some jack herer that my mates dad grows that blew me away.
I had to smoke a bigger bowl than I would with ztittles for example, but the high I got was beautiful and so now I'm obsessed even more with the classics lol

Still, there's definitely some psychology in there too that affects the high for sure. Probably because of the experiences of bad weed in this day and age for example .

I agree about autos for variety tho, I will probs always have one or two going for the variety

Less feed used!

Don't be put off by your Fruit Cake! I honestly think they must have just released that too soon.
I'm not really sure what the deal is with Seedstockers anyway. It looks like the company's set up in kind of a weird way but they seem to have good vibes never the less. They can't all be winners I guess. Mephisto and Fast Buds are both very solid although apparently FB have behaved like dicks on AFN a while back so they lose a point for that.

Autos can look a bit airy, i see a lot on here but to be honest I think that's got more to do with everyone's love of cobs. A 600w HPS or true equivalent will give nice dense buds whether it's a photo or auto. The same can be said for yield too really.

As for autos being easier? It's simply a misconception. The growth window is shorter and if you stunt it, those days can't be made back up with a longer veg. I think they're much trickier to get right.

Yeah I hear you, but I have to he honest and don't buy too much in to the new hype strains. A few, but most are very similar to others and very often a similar cross is simply labeled something awesome. Especially suspicious of that when I see a company leaving me in the dark of lineage lol

Honestly to this day some of the best weed I've ever smoked are like multi-generational inbred landrace sativas and their offspring. After that the weed gets stronger and stronger in certain refined aspects but that's the bud that takes me to a plain of like pure bliss that only few modern strains have hit the same way.

I used to think it was all because I was younger then and life was better before the flux of population but then I tried some jack herer that my mates dad grows that blew me away.
I had to smoke a bigger bowl than I would with ztittles for example, but the high I got was beautiful and so now I'm obsessed even more with the classics lol

Still, there's definitely some psychology in there too that affects the high for sure. Probably because of the experiences of bad weed in this day and age for example .

I agree about autos for variety tho, I will probs always have one or two going for the variety

I agree to a point... I mean I'm certainly not looking for super high THC content, that doesn't interest me. I'm looking for flavour and also plants that grow out nicely. I like em pretty, they are flowers after all! Dried and cured bag appeal doesnt hurt either. It's a full sensory experience and breaking apart a really great looking bud definitely adds something to that for me.

It's also just curiosity, if we had access to these strains like they do on the other side of the Atlantic, I'd be far less interested in growing them, I could sample and 8th and work out what I liked from there. I have no good connections and wouldn't pay the prices some of those strains command over here (claiming to be US imports which seems highly unlikely) so realistically the only way I can sample them is to grow them. It's still all your classic dutch coffeeshop strains available for the most part in the black market and they're generally not grown very well in my experience. I don't know many other growers so there's not much swapping going around for me.

Funny you should mention the landrace thing... that's one of my main reasons for wanting to grow photos. I've just found out that my old school friend's father (we're all still in touch) has started a company based in BCN called Seeds of Africa. He's from SA and lived there a long time. When he was there he hunted out some African landrace strains and is producing them. Growing his seeds would feel really special to me, I've known him since I was 13 so it's gotta be done at some point. He's a real character and I have really fond memories of him and the whole family.
I've no idea how suitable they are for indoor but he assures me that he's having good results with some of the smaller ones. He's also got another company called Concrete Jungle where he does all the big US strains, Zkittles, Bruce Banner etc. I know he just did that as there was demand for it but his heart's in the landraces so I really wanna give a couple a go. I suspect that some true Malawi Gold or Durban Poison from it's homeland will be something pretty special and of course down the line could be an amazing candidate for some small scale breeding fun.

Final pics of Candy Dawg auto today, an absolute dream to grow that provided me when rh some great pics to share deapite needing a few more days to mature fully.

I will continue to update on here for the Nicole and candy right up to chops and on my journal, and will pop this up as my final for the battle.
IMG_20190426_104533.jpg
IMG_20190426_104600.jpg
IMG_20190426_104243.jpg
IMG_20190426_104226.jpg
IMG_20190426_104221.jpg
IMG_20190426_104218.jpg

Back